General info & Series Rules

Discussion in 'Best Fantasy Tracks Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

I've just signed up. This is the first ever sim racing league event i've signed up to (from any site). Looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Can someone tell me, the time that i see for the events, is that automatically adjusted to my local time? It says 20:15 for me and i'm in the UK. Thanks

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, the time in blue is automatically adjusted to your local race time. Living in Holland, for me that is 21:15 CET.
    As a reverence, the time is also displayed as GMT as a standard for everyone.

upload_2021-1-10_12-27-18.png

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

My VPN loves nothing more than connecting me to random country's when I fire the pc up - so unless your code uses my system time I can guarantee that at least 45% of the time it doesn't :p

Also, welcome on board Tom. Online racing can be a steep learning curve, stick with it though and you'll soon be hooked :)

5. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Thank you.
    Here’s a strange one, has the F50 not got a reverse gear? I’ve spun a couple of times learning the track and been facing the barrier but it doesn’t go into reverse so I’ve had to exit to the pits. Has anyone else been able to get it into reverse? Not sure if it’s my side.

6. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Although I’ve just seen that the f50 on the downloads page was last updated December 14th but there’s a more recent version in an earlier post in this thread. I’ll redownload it and have a look

7. John vd Geest

If you have paddle shifters, put it in neutral first and then pull them both back at the same time. That should do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

It's an H-pattern gearbox lever, so that as John explained, you probably have to put it in neutral first. The thing is that perhaps you'll need to setup a key/button binding to force the neutral command as it's not a sequential gearbox.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

I have the H shifter.. turns out I’d never assigned the reverse to the reverse position though.. silly me.. thanks for the help

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I just did couple laps @ Barca city, good job with the car Filip. Not sure if I can make it tomorrow, let's hope so...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Dont knock the Panda. I used to own one of these beasts. Double sunroof and rusted out door sills, deck chair style seats and a cloth shelf instead of a plastic glove box made it as light as a feather. It was difficult to tame the 34bhp. The torque steering was unbelievable. ;) Wow what a motor. Loved every mile I did in it. What a brilliant little car. Just noticed a 4x4 Panda go for £11K on the Collecting Cars auction site. Great cars and im being honest here. Back to basics. Back to how a car should be with none of this electronic crap that over complicates the modern motoring experience. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Is the server up? Can't see it.

13. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

Unfortunately me either. Granted, I'm new here and I'm usind the Content Manager for AC, but if I look for "SRO" in the server list nothing comes up...

14. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Seems like all SRO servers are down...

15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Indeed, no server.

Jos and I were planning to practice a bit tonight. I think about setting up a home made server but I have only ADSL net so my upload bandwith is quite bad, so that I will be forced to restrict the number of free slots in such an "emergency server", to about 6 to 8 I think, if I recall from my old maths. (Long time I didn't set up a server).
    For those interested, stay tuned !

16. John vd Geest

Sorry guys, we're having a problem with the server / Rack Service. We're working on it :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

Alright, thanks for the info. Good luck with the server! Should you only be able to host 6 players then I'm looking forward to the next round (since I only registered earlier).

18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Ok guys !

It took me a bit of time as I changed my rooter since last time I did it but the server is now up.
    - 8 spots only, don't trash me for that plz :D
    - Server name : "Maxime troubleshooting server", so just look for "maxime" and it should show up !
    - Password : "sro"

And now, let's have fun ! :p (even if I'm going to eat something now..)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've just tried the Panda out - I'd be well up for a series in them.
    Speaking from experience cars which are that slow are great fun on track! :D

20. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Final technical note before the first race in the series :)

We've talked already about this mod's car model being too detailed. The full detail model for any AC car has a lot triangles and objects which the 3D model is made of. This one for F50 has a lot more then usual so that can strain your PC and get you lower frame rates. In gaming and Assetto Corsa too, to save the workload of your CPU and graphics card, the LODs are made for that model. LOD is a lower Level of Detail for a model, or with lower number of those triangles and objects. Usually there are 3 LODs in AC. The purpose of LODs is to activate and display that LOD model at bigger and bigger distances, when you can't notice the difference in looks anymore. This car didn't have those LODs so I've used the LOD generator tool to create these LODs from the basic full model. These LODs are included in the mod on the download page. This was done to try and ease the load off from our CPUs and GPUs in our races.

Some of us simrace with powerful rigs, some with not so much power, some with single screen, triple screen or some with VR. So if you still have performance issues with running several of these cars when in front of you (try this with starting a race behind several AI cars), you can use Content Manager's option to "Force LOD B for other cars in first person view". This will force activate the first lower level model when driving. And when you're finished with F50 race, you can uncheck it and get it back to normal mode. The option is here: look at top right in CM screen and choose in settings, then on top left look for Custom shaders patch and click on that. On this left side vertical bar choose Graphics adjustments, and the Force LODb option is on the right side (just check the square and uncheck later).

Take a look at the screenshot from Content Manager below.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1