Assetto Corsa General info & series rules

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

First / second & third prizes

[​IMG]

Sim Racing Online has produced some cool merchandise, and you guys can be the first to claim it to be recognized as one of the brothers!!

The championship winner gets the first choice of the items below. Second place gets second choise. And third place gets ... well, what ever's left :)

So you can pick a SRO T-shirt, a hat or a mug, and it will be sent to your house.
    Every top 3 championship winner gets a SRO pen as a bonus.

prize 3.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

where to I dump the skinfiles i just dloaded

3. John vd Geest

Each RSS car has a skinfile. You paste them there. For example a skin for the Ferrari 550:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_gt_ferruccio_55\skins

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Following on slightly from the conversation about the MC12, I had an interesting email this morning.

https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/product-page/ac-maures-gtr-egt1

I'm a fan of URD's content (although I admit they are terrible at updating certain cars on RF2)

I may take a punt on this one and see how it compares performance wise against the RSS GT1 cars.

EDIT: The car is a tiny bit out of sync. The RSS cars are probably about 2000, whereas the last year of the GTR was about '98 or '99. Will be interesting to compare though.

Will report back :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

RSS Black Friday - all products 50% off

Non-registered members for this series can now get the RSS GT1 mod for half of the prize and join the last 2 rounds:
    https://racesimstudio.com/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  6. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I've created a YouTube playlist of this series's broadcasts on my channel, since they were spread out across that and SRO's official channel. I'd be happy to construct a similar list on SRO's channel if desired.

Thanks to Caitlin and Mac for doing the first couple of rounds, and again to Caitlin for returning for the finale. After we'd split commentary duties for the series, it seemed only fitting that we could team up for the finale, and I thought it went very well. I felt I was a bit clumsy on cameras at times but there was just too much action to follow! :D Thanks also to John for letting me step into the booth in the mid-season; I had so much fun being a part of this series, especially from a safe place where I wouldn't be in everyone's way on track! :D

Congratulations to Toni, Davide, and Johnny for claiming the top three in the championship. It was a thrilling season-long battle that came down to the final race — exactly what you want to see in a championship.

4th-5th-6th were separated by a total of three points with Roberto jumping between John and Phil in the final race; with one more pass he could have taken them both. This was the secret second championship that I alluded to in the driver intros and I sort of wish I'd called more attention to it during the race, as John and Phil's difficulties put even more importance on Roberto's charge through the field.

And let's not ignore Rob's fantastic 7th-place finish that was well-earned via his characteristic never-give-up spirit. I've always enjoyed our battles in the Leon EuroCup and TCR series, and I tried my best to stay impartial in the commentaries while quietly rooting for Rob at every turn. :D

This is one of those series that are part of the reason I tell everyone I race with to come take a look at SRO. Congratulations and thanks for a great season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1