rFactor 2 General info & series rules

Discussion in 'Multiclass IMSA DPI & S397 GT3 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

All done, time to go testing...or I need to bribe someone for a setup! haha.

I used some elements of this from another car I did (the Mazda 787B for Assetto Corsa). So not a total work from scratch but I still had to create lots of parts for it to work :)

So for a bit of fun (pretend for a bit). Mazda ask RE-Amemiya of Japan to run a customer car for them.

The livery takes inspiration from the FD RX7 Hurricane Time Attack cars. I then played around with the materials and so on.

Hopefully when they release the updated cars in March I won't have too much work to do to correct it, :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and lets hope that 2021 is much much better for everyone :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That truly is a beauty Andrew :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Stunning work there Andrew..:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it. The materials editor works really well in RF2 with this car.

I have created a RFCMP install file for the car but I think it’s being a pain and won’t let me join the server. Rf2 is never fully clear on this stuff, just says a part of the server mod is missing. I have the track so I assume it doesn’t like the separate car file I made. Although it’s the same category, etc.

@John vd Geest When you setup the server do you pick by actual car mod or just by class? If that makes sense.

EDIT; I’ll just stick with a MAS file I think. It works that way. Maybe a RFCMP mod file just disagrees with the server. Not an issue it works fine offline. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I select them individually by car, not as a complete mod.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Interesting to know. Thanks mate. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Well I can't get Teamspeak 3 to open on Windows 10.

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Working fine for me Neil, so I'd uninstall/reinstall as a first attempt at fixing it.

9. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

did that, just doesn't start

10. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

11. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

Can I suggest next week, 31st Jan, for the re-running of the Road America event?