Assetto Corsa Comp General Info

Discussion in 'SRO Tuesday Night Racing Ginetta G55 GT4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ginetta2.jpg Registration

Welcome to the SRO ACC Ginetta Cup!
    For this series, you will need these 2 DLC's
    Intercontinental GT Pack
    British GT Pack
    Races will be 30 min sprints!
    The events
    Tue Apr 27, 2021 19:15 Round 1 Donington
    Tue May 11, 2021 19:15 Round 2 Oulton Park
    Tue May 25, 2021 19:15 Round 3 Brands
    Tue Jun 8, 2021 19:15 Round 4 Laguna Seca
    Tue Jun 22, 2021 19:15 Round 5 Zolder 2020
    Tue Jul 6, 2021 19:15 Round 6 Snetterton
    10 min Q session
    Points awarded for fastest laps in Q and Race
    (1 point each)
    Q starts at 19:00 Gmt
    Race @ 19:15
    (long form lap rolling start)
    30 min sprint
    You are required to choose the proper car before you enter the server!
    No messy entry lists will be used!
    It's up to you to be prepared!
    So be sure to, Choose the Ginetta!
    All SRO rules are in effect as well as the Zero contact lap one rule!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Interesting, wasnt a car i really got on with when practsing around Zolder but never really had chance to play too much with the setups. And a chance ot use the british pack and Laguna.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Before I sign up I need to know the max grid size please. Any more then 30 and VR is horrid.

Cheers

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Let me try & get that for you ..:D
    OIPWAH2RN4N.jpg
    we have a 50 slot server but only 15 to 20 active ACC members ..

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Alex Bonner

I was asking more about your server client limit than predicting the future but while you have the ball out any chance you can look up Saturdays lottery numbers? ;)

With only 20 ACC members I think it will work for me. I'm in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alex Bonner

I've just finished a little Ginetta series so have most of the setups already :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Practice Server is up' on server 2 for Round 1 !
    SimRacingOnline Server 2 Ginetta GT4
    Please make sure you pick the Ginetta before you enter the server! ;)

8. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Any tips on setup Alex?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Simone Meazza

Simone Meazza Pro Driver

for me too, any suggestions? I'm arguing with an annoying oversteer out of corners

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The oversteer is what makes it fast/fun :D
    At Zandvoort I think I was just controlling that on the throttle in the last championship in the trickier corners.

11. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

LOL. Nice. Out of interest, what is your wheel/pedals combo Tim?

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've very recently switched to a Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer base with T-LCM pedals and the Sparco R383 wheel. I use my *ahem* "home made" button box quite heavily in ACC for the various car controls and settings switches. Although stuff like the starter and light controls have been done on the rim since getting the new wheel (it was impossible on the G25 with only 2 buttons).
    I've just received an SHH shifter to go with it for AC, but that gets zero use in ACC of course.
    I'm 90% certain I did the Zandvoort round with that setup - although the bits have been trickling in over about 2 months thanks to Brexit & Covid so I may have still been using the G25 pedals for that race...

13. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Cool. I'm running the T300 GTE which was a good step up over the Logitech, but obviously no Fanatec wheel. Next upgrade would be a Fanatec podium wheel, but i doubt I'll ever do it. I'm using the inverted T3PA Pro pedals which I love. Didn't get on with the Fanatec Clubsport v2 pedals. Hated the stupid load cell brake as you had zero feel at all, being pressure based, to adjust your braking when you have no physical feeling of the car slowing down and there was so little travel they just were useless for braking and you had to wear racing boots.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The Thrustmaster ones come with a collection of springs and the factory calibration software.
    My first try with them was rubbish for the reasons you gave, I never had feel/confidence and ended up quitting a league race within about 10 minutes - I then re-calibrated them and got the feel back, and I'm pretty much back where I was with my G25 now. A little more learning and I'll be as good if not better.
    The main difference is that even when using the Medium springs I've had to bolt the pedals down to the same piece of wood as my seat as they would either slide away, roll over, or push my seat away under heavy braking :D
    The Logitech design was much more stable as the CoG was so much lower I used them with only the built in carpet grabber for the 10 years plus I drove with them..

I'm pretty much going to be forced to build a rig now though as the forces in everything are so much higher now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Simone Meazza

Simone Meazza Pro Driver

:D:D:D Tim! i also have a TL-CM, and i have had the same problems as yours. Before the start of the champ with the GT4 I decided to calibrate it well, and I had to anchor it to the cokpit. Now I have found a good feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Yeah, when I had the clubsport pedals, I got the back of an old book case (you know those 3-5mm peice of cheapo "wood"), wedged it under the desk/PC/drawers to hold it down and then drilled holes in it to mount the pedals on because they would just flip up with the amount of pressure you have to push them with. The T3PA pro pedals on the other hand don't need "mounting" but because they are tall and inverted you have to have them up against something to stop them moving. I still have the "mounting" on the floor for the clubsports should i ever need to "mount" again. :)

I would get killed if I bought an actual racing rig. No idea where I would put it as I need my desk for work so can't just clear it out. Maybe if I go VR I wont need as much space! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I'd build the rig. I can build exactly what I want for £100 or less - why spend the best part of a grand on something that's not very adjustable and is intended for modern stuff?
    My intention is to have various mounting points for the gear shifter to match various car layouts (More important than you might think when in VR), eventually I'll be making my own floor mounted H-pattern box for proper cars. To the best of my knowledge no-one makes anything for that purpose so there's been an ever-growing collection of design sketches floating around and even a few rough experiments on my CAD system at work.
    The hard part is making the thing tough enough to survive with a long gearstick in there as the forces you can generate require some beefy joints and structure - added to that is my intention to have plug+play shift gates to suit what ever I drive....
    I'd hate to imagine what actually buying something that does all that would cost.

Then there's my Mk2-improved sequential stick that's waiting on Covid to bugger off too....:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Sounds like a fun project. I don't have the skills, tools or time to build my own rig!

19. Alex Bonner

I set mine stiff and low with around 8mm to 10mm of rake for most tracks. Around 8c tyre inside/outside difference. I run as les aero as possible, 2 or 3 maximum.

@Tim Muttram hit the nail on the head. The car feels good at and, just past the limit. It doesn't seem to lose time if you push it a bit too far so don't be scared to wrestle with it. It likes it ;)

1st place I would look is diff, one or 2 settings either way then if it was no better I would then play with the roll bars. I found a lot of difference track to track. You shouldn't need to go past 6 if you increase your slow bump a bit also. I found myself as low as 3 for some tracks.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Pro Driver

Am I stupid?.. Don't answer that ;). Is there only one Ginetta in the game?... :confused::oops: