General info

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 4, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

This information is taken from the official rFactor 2 Studio 397 info page about the Endurance Pack;
    https://www.studio-397.com/2018/06/endurance-pack/

Introducing the Endurance Pack!
    STUDIO 397 Announcement, News, Release

It’s safe to say we are ecstatic about this release! Our very first mixed class pack of GTEs and LMPs! It’s been a wild journey, and all the teams involved have been going non-stop to bring these cars to life – we think the results will show on track as you cruise around in a field of color and lights! We proudly announce some of the most relevant and iconic brands and cars, combing them into a unique pack. Welcome to the ‘Endurance Pack’ for rFactor 2! Featuring the Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M8 GTE, Corvette C7.R, Oreca 07 LMP2 and the Norma M30 LMP3. With stunning physics and new features, the pack taps into the heart of rFactor 2’s endurance capabilities. We are also happy to have liveries from various different teams racing these cars, and we would like to thank them all for that!

The cars are available for purchase and download here: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1004/

**************************************************************************************************

Sim Racing Online presents a new Multiclass Endurance Series
    Multiclass Endurance Pack - Studio 397

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/85

DLC content 1 Studio 397 Endurance Pack (the cars)

First off ... this is DLC content. You have to buy it from studio 397 for € 14,97.
    But having said that ... it's the latest and the best carpack to date from them. You will not be sorry!

https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1004/

DLC content 2 Studio 397 Sebring
    For round 6 you need the DLC from Studio 397 Sebring for € 8,99.
    Absolutely the best laser scanned Sebring on offer as official content from studio 397.
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/18/

This series will be broadcasted by 2 commentators, Alex Skinner and Matheus Marçal

Select your car here

Post the car you want to drive, and it will be yours for the entire season:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-here.2742/

Drivers must keep the same care they started with within their class.

The series host will be alert to see if drivers keep the same car they started with.
    The drivers themselvse are also responsible for reporting it to me if they see someone change to a different car make in the same class. I will check it and DQ the driver from that event if correct.

Qualification rules;

Total Qualy time; 25 minutes =
    First P2's alone; 10 minutes
    5 minutes pauze
    Second GTE's alone; 10 minutes (they can form up in the pitlane untill the admin gives them the "go ahead" in the chatbox)
    5 minutes warmup
    20.30 BST Race

On exactly the 10 minutes mark, I will call the end of the P2 qualy in the chatbox. P2's can finish the lap they are on. Crossing the finishline they press Esc. and return to Pitbox.
    5 minutes pauze;
    On exactly the 15 minutes mark, GTE's leave the pitlane on my call in the chatbox, untill qualy runs out after 25 minutes.
    5 minutes warmup
    20.30 BST start of the race.

The server will be close for qualifying for all coming events.
    That means, if you leave the server during qualifying, you can not come back untill the warmup session starts.

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification

In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to drive into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good laptime and crashing.

How does each race start?

Each race starts with a formation lap (Rolling start). The pole sitter maintains a speed of +/- 120 km/h.
    The formationlap is done in single file (all behind eachother).
    The race starts at the end of the formation lap, entering the last corner.
    You are not allowed to pass cars before fully exiting that last corner.

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forumlink for the SRO Teamspeak adres and password:

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Punting !!
    Any driver who "punts" another car, either off track or into a spin, at any time during the race, must serve an immediate drive-through penalty (in addition to any stop for repairs) for each instance. You may not be informed of this penalty by the Steward, but you are still required to serve the drive-through.

How To Signup, Enter A Race and Find Results
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/how-to-signup-enter-a-race-and-find-results.298/

1 hour before the race, the signuplist will be "locked" and can not be changed.

If you have any questions or need help, please contact me.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. John vd Geest

The sebring test server is closed.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

I have highlighted the Punting rule in post 1.
    This is to keep everybody (but aspecially the P2's in relation to the GTE's) on their best behaviour.

Punting !!
    Any driver who "punts" another car, either off track or into a spin, at any time during the race, must serve an immediate drive-through penalty (in addition to any stop for repairs) for each instance. You may not be informed of this penalty by the Steward, but you are still required to serve the drive-through.

If the driver does not do the drive-through, he will get a 30 seconds timepenalty on the end result of the race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I tried logging into the SRO sebring server, i can see it trying to download the rfm thingy. Then it says package not available and won't let me in.
    Don't think anything is wrong with my rf2, i was able to connect to a different open server with studio 397's sebring, and the BMW m8 and did a few laps without issue.

6. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am getting the same error that Jerry is seeing: Package Not Available.

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Package not available means server has something you don't usually that is mod or track.

Will check the server when I get in unless Ken or Rob can do it before me.

I can get on there and others have been on.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  8. John vd Geest

Maybe you need to delete a package file in "content" from the other Sebring server you've been on. You know, with a star next to it.

9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Having the same issue as those above. Getting Package not available.

I definitely have all the cars and the Sebring track

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will redo the mod again.

Don't understand this a lot can get on just the odd few who can't :confused:

11. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

I tried earlier and got the "Package not available" message aswell.
    For sure I have the cars and the track. :)

12. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

The Sebring server issue has been resolved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. John vd Geest

I'm in the process of getting this series broadcasted by 2 experienced commentators. Not final yet, but it's looking good.
    First they will do a test broadcast. If all works well, we're good to go.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  14. John vd Geest

See the Spa forumthread for test race info.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  15. John vd Geest

Broadcasted series:

I'm glad that SRO can officially announce that this series will be broadcasted by 2 commentators;

Alex Skinner and Matheus Marçal

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

Hi,
    Don't know if it's the right place but,I have a sugestion:these cars have the in-car TC and ABS control, with several levels in.Pretty cool.So,you can disallowed in the server and stilll have in the car.Just map the button on settings/driving.Anyway,just a sugestion.;)

17. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

As a matter of fact is a recommendation from S397. Disallow all aids on the server and let the drivers set it in their setups.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Where would be be able to find a copy of each race as broadcast by them afterwards? I would at least like to be able to watch them, if not retain copies, just because.

19. John vd Geest

They will be save / you can watch in on the SRO YouTube channel and I will post a link on the eventthread after the race.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Henry Drury

Henry Drury Pro Driver

Sorry to announce that I have to sign out of this series, today I suddenly found out I’m competing in both the VLMS and VEC, so I won’t have time for much else!
    Good luck to whoever takes my M8 slot.