General info

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 4, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for letting us know Henry. Good luck with the other series. You can of course come back at any time :).

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Working together on track

I want to share some thoughts on multiclass racing for people that haven't done this before;

- The P2's should not go crazy flashing their headlights every time they want to pass a GTE. I've been on both sides of the fench, and it's very annoying having a hyperactive pinball machine behind you 13 x per lap. Just flash your lights once to indicate you are there and are setting up a pass.
    - P2's can not divebomb the GTE's. If you can not get alongside a GTE in the brakingzone easy, then you are too late for the pass. Simple.
    - GTE's should always hold their line and racingspeed, unless the P2 is already besides you.
    - It is up to the P2 to conduct the pass savely. GTE's don't have to "help" P2's by getting out of the way or slowing down. By keeping his line and speed, the GTE is predictable and the P2 always knows where the GTE is going and how fast. Thus, you are helping him to pass you and prevend repairtime.
    - If you as a P2 driver get irritated or frustrated by GTE's "getting in the way", then you are missing the point of multiclass racing. Working traffic is 50% of the game. How good (and save) you are doing this determents your raceresult. You will rarely get a "clean" lap. The fastes P2 driver is the best traffic worker who doesn't spend time in the pits for repairs.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  3. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Just realized that the last two races will clash with the F1 races on that day.
    28.10 & 11.11 ... would be possible to shift those dates if everyone agrees?

4. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Mexican and US GPs?
    If so indeed we have to change.

5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

Personally I see no issue with this. I don't watch F1, and not everyone does. Ultimately it's just like if there was a MotoGP race on for one of those race weekends, you wouldn't expect the whole calendar to change to accommodate that.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

It will compromise participation, FOR SURE. Thats not even a question.
    The question is...are we willing to lose drivers because of that?

7. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I'm not a fan of changing the dates due to a race happening the same day. This is something which could be scheduled for when the league organizes the series and sets the dates for our races. I wouldn't expect a change if there was an IMSA race on that day which I wanted to watch.

Ultimately it is up to the league admins though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Sorry, but the calendar will not be changed. It creates chaos and SRO doesn't have the room on the schedule to swap events around as some dates are reserved for other upcoming series.

It's not so difficult these days to record the F1 races. You'll have something to look forward to after the SRO events :).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

All GTE cars are now free to choose

It's becoming too much of a hassle to keep track of who has what car in what race, as quite a few drivers only sign up for 1 race, or unregister for some races, or leave completely without saying anything, or are a red light and request a car. The "Select you car here" list is becoming a mess. I'm going to make it easy on myself and the drivers.

Short version: from now on you can choose what ever GTE car you like.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

I understand, it's not a problem. Have to stay up late then to watch it after our race.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  12. John vd Geest

Poll outcome: Must drivers keep same GTE car they started the first race with? = YES

With only a few day to go untill the poll closes, the outcome stays static on;
    19 for
    5 against

A clear decision.

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...car-for-the-whole-series-and-who-doesnt.2861/

We had agreed that I'm not alone responsible for checking if drivers keep the same car they started with.
    The drivers themselvse are also responsible for reporting it to me if they see someone change to a different GTE car make. I will check it and DQ the driver from that event if correct.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Bruno

Chris Bruno Pro Driver

Hey there, quick question. I see from the event details that only 32 drivers have a green next to there name for the next race. Is it the case that each race is limited to only 32 drivers?

14. John vd Geest

Yes, that is correct. Max 32 for each race.
    You might want to try the P2 class. The max there is 13. You would be the first red light with a much better change of getting in.

15. Chris Bruno

Chris Bruno Pro Driver

Hi John, it’s looks like I might not make the cut in the GTE class, so if there is still a space can I switch to the P2?

16. John vd Geest

Yes, there is 1 P2 place free. Max is 13. Be sure to use the "low drag" aero package in tuning.

17. Chris Bruno

Chris Bruno Pro Driver

Thanks John, but it now looks like the GTE field has free up a bit. Much appreciated tho

18. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi! Where can one find the link for the broadcast?
    Thank you

19. John vd Geest

I've asked the broadcasters to start the YouTube link up, so I can upload it on SRO. Should be on the top of the mainpage when it's ready.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Sorry Gentlemen I can't make it this evening