Group C general info

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sim Racing Online presents a new Honey Jar Series
    Assetto Corsa Group C

Prize money
    At the end of the season these are the prizes:
    1st place = € 50,-
    2nd place = € 30,-
    3rd place = 20,-

Prize money will only be awarded if there are 15 or more drivers attending a race on average.
    Admins are allowed to race and win prizemoney (Prizes come out of private funds).

All races will be broadcasted
    This series will have 8 rounds. All races will be broadcast and commentated by Joseph Wright.
    Joseph Wright is a very well known broadcaster in the sim racing community and Sim Racing Online is excited that he has teamed up with us.

The cars
    Mazda 787B
    Porsche 962C
    Mercedes-Benz C9
    Select your car here: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-here.2547/

Weight penalties
    To ensure everyone has a chance for a good result up to the last race, weight penalties will be handed out.
    And it adds up. If you win 2 x and have 1 third place, your weight penalty = 70 kilos (maximum 120 kilos for the whole season).

After each race, weight penalties are as follows:
    1st place = 30 kilo's
    2nd place = 20 kilo's
    3rd place = 10 kilo's
    You can find a list of drivers with weight penalties here: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/weight-penalty-overview.2548/

Assetto Corsa & Porsche pack 2
    1. You need to have the standard Assetto Corsa game, witch holds the Mazda 787B and the Mercedes-Benz C9.

2. You only need the add on Porsche Pack 2 witch holds the Porsche 962C, the other 2 Porsche packs don't matter.
    (Even if you don't drive the Porsche 962, you still need to own it, or you'll get a mismatch on the server)

The links are on the "Cars and Track" tab of each series event.

No entry fee

There is no entry fee for this series.

App) Helicorsa_V6
    Helicorsa is a app that detects cars close to you, so contact can be avoided.
    You must have this app installed and activated to take part in this series.
    Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    More info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCDJJR_EoA

If you don't have this app installed and activated, you will have to do a drive-through penalty in the next race.

How does each race start?
    Each race starts with a formation lap (Rolling start). The pole sitter maintains a speed of +/- 120 km/h.
    The formationlap is done in single file (all behind eachother).
    The race starts at the end of the formation lap, entering the last corner.
    You are not allowed to pass cars before fully exiting that last corner.

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good laptime and crashing.

Teamspeak

Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forumlink for the SRO Teamspeak adres and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

1 hour before the race, the signuplist will be "locked" and can not be changed.

If you have any questions or need help, please contact me.

Please note that prize money awarded in this series is privately funded. Prizes are not funded by donations made to SRO.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just a quick question, are we going to be allowed to use auto-blip with these cars?

I know I'm being lazy and I should learn to heel-and-toe more (oddly I find it difficult on the Fanatec pedals) but I think I'll be too busy learning tracks and learning the car :)

3. John vd Geest

I just give a quick blip on the throttle with automatic clutch on downshifting (braking left foot). Works fine. As you know, Heel-toe is for guys that use manual clutch and braking right foot.
    You can use auto clutch as a driving aid in the series, so no extra work needed if you like it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

I find heel and toe much easier with the fanatec pedals (compared to G920 logitech ones) - I use manual clutch and left foot brake (obviously right foot brake on downshifts)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Interesting, it could just be my seating position maybe. However as John mentioned (and I'd forgotten this as it was a couple of years ago) I did a MX5 league and left foot braked whilst blipping the throttle with my right. Does feel good when you get it right I will agree though.

The fast guys though I think I had H-Pattern. The reason why I say that was when you watched the on-boards you could see them block changing gears, etc.

Hopefully I'll get one later in the year, if only because it will add to the fun element. Not too bothered if it will make me faster :)

6. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

it will make you faster when you get used to it. If I remember correctly there is a delay when changing an H pattern car with auto clutch. It is possible to change manually quicker than this delay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

I had a question from a other member where you can turn on / off auto clutch, auto shifting ect.

On the main menu, go to "Drive" on the top (with the steering wheel)
    Go to "realism" (the menu at the bottom with 4 tabs from Rookie to Pro)
    There you can turn on / off all these settings.

8. John vd Geest

There are only 7 places left on the signup list (max 23 spots). This series is hot :D. Don't wait too long signing up, or you'll be a "red light".

[​IMG]
    Please only sign up if you're really gonna do the series. "No shows" are not fair to people on the waitinglist.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/73

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

Just a quick note on the Car pack;

If you are driving the Mazda 787B or the Mercedes-Benz C9, you still need to buy the add-on Porsche pack 2. Otherwise you don't match up with the server.

Don't worry, it's also a good investment for other series. There are a lot of cool cars in there ;)

10. John vd Geest

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Please note that I've made a small change to the prizemoney condition.

Prizemoney will only be awarded if there are 15 or more drivers attending a race on average.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

John, for us, children of a lesser racegod, can you please post a basic setup for the zoom zoom Mazda?

13. John vd Geest

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Round 7 Thomson Road GP has been replaced with Kyalami 1967.

15. John vd Geest

Pit Lane Penalty (PLP) app is no longer in use.

The app Pit Lane Penalty (PLP) will no longer be used at Sim Racing Online. It is too strict when going outside the line with 2 wheels.
    Please de-activate the app for all Assetto Corsa series at Sim Racing Online !!

16. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 3
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi,

Not sure if we are still pursuing this route but I've been working on basic alterations to the Group C cars with an SimRacingOnline logo on them.

I did do a number plaque but some of the liveries will not accept them very well, however I've done some of them. It's a little tricky to explain but it's the way some of the skin files work with these cars. All the cars have a windscreen visor though.

Here's the Porsches so far, I'll try and do the Mercs next.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. John vd Geest

Pretty nice work Andrew. Looking great on the windscreen. Shame it won't go on all the doors, but looking good already. Thanks.
    Was thinking about maybe putting the SRO logo on the rearwings, but that might turn out ugly? What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well I'm still playing around with the sides so I haven't given up yet. To kind of explain. Some AC liveries get their parts from other files. Which are hidden. So if you apply something to the livery in the main DDS file it doesn't work. You get the other livery plasterered over the top of what you've done. The 919 was a nightmare for this (most of the sponsor names you see are in separate files) and the same for the R18. Anyway I'll keep working on it. We have time.

The only logo for SRO I could get hold of was a tiny size PNG image. So I hunted around and found a font that was very close. So I've redrawn the logo from scratch. So it is now large enough to apply to the rear wing if you want to try it. I'll put up a picture tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

That's cool. The rear wing was just an idea. If it doesn't look good, ditch it :)