GT Legends league - season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

John, it would be nice tho to have another main series with Assetto Corsa during the week, some RSR Porsche cup or a vintage DTM, or an open-wheel series, also 80s or 90s F1... as at the moment as I said there is nothing special besides the GT legends... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I understand what you are saying, I'm not a fan of the content being used in the other AC series myself (except the Fulvia now) :D How about an RSS F3 series ? F1 from 80's or 90's sounds good too ! Or group C !

• Like Like x 2
  3. Davide Ricciardi

sure mate, anything ... since we already have a vintage series maybe a modern counterpart like Porsche Cup or Taatus single-seater ( Formula Abarth ) would be great... Is RSS F3 free to download or we need to purchase it like the GT1? That would be great as well, not sure everybody is keen to purchase it tho. Let's open a Poll :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Yes, the RSS F3 is a free car indeed, that's why I suggested that one. A poll sounds good!

5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Actually the only event that runs at Assetto Corsa right now (except the Fulvia and GT Legends series) is the Macau Magic. At the last race we had 15 drivers on the grid and plenty of fun :) Anyways it would be great to have more series as an old Porsche RSR 911 or RSS F3 or an old DTM championship sereies, but i dont know what that could be cost in terms of money and time (money for the servers and time for the guys for hosting the series, for setting up the servers etc..). I am in whatever series will be, specially if the race time is 18:00 GMT or later :)

6. Davide Ricciardi

found... downloading..

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server we are currently running on is used just be me and could be alternated bi-weekly.
    We can make a new forum thread, there are a lot of great free mods out there. For example, the ASR Formula also created F1 1991 that has 8 cars and all free (ASR is a top dev team):
    https://www.asrformula.com/simulator/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/
    Also like Vasilis suggestion of the Porsche RSR 911. Love that car. A lot of good stuff out there for a second series.
    I will set up a forum here, not a poll, because a poll is too limited for people's suggestions.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Davide Ricciardi

:rolleyes::rolleyes: YES PLEASE !!

9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Some stock skins are rubbish though - And I make my own if there's nothing good ;)
    I say this knowing full well the work required getting them into the server I should add - I'd rather a more stringent approach that stops the same skin being picked by multiple drivers personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. John vd Geest

I only got 4 votes for the TC Legends mod for next season. I'm guessing people want something modern now besides the DRM mod.

How about doing the free RSS F3 mod as the first and the DRM as the second new series?

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

The TC Legends is exciting, by the diversity, provided that the cars respect the real characteristics (and we saw it, it is not always the case with these mods which gather too many cars of different years and categories. ..):)

12. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I thought TC Legends was a done deal for the next series and the vote was for the next series after that . :(:(:(

13. John vd Geest

No, as a league we are voting in this thread for the next series after GT Legends. And I only got 4 votes for TC legends and nothing else.
    There has to be enough interest to do this mod, otherwise it's a lot of work for only 4 signups. So if you would want TC legends to be the runner up, please vote for it :)

If TC Legends doesn't get more then 10 votes, there's no point in doing it.

There is also a wish for a second simultaneous AC series besides potentially TC Legends. That's what we're voting for in this thread:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...eries-besides-tc-legends-would-you-like.3915/

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  14. Christian Dauger

4 votes so far, but then what is the trend for the rest ... continue with GTlegends ?

15. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

...and I thougth we voting what we gonna drive bi-weekly with TC Legends. :)

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Same here, the thread was titled "what new series besides TC Legends would you like?" - that implied it was a done deal so I saw no point voting or commenting on it.

I have just found reference to a TVR Tuscon challenge mod though and need to track it down and try it. THAT could be spectacular :cool:

17. John vd Geest

Yes that is confusing. I've edited the title :)

18. John vd Geest

Bring it on :)

19. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

OK , I vote TC Legends :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Christian Dauger

[QUOTE = "Tim Muttram, post: 33706, membre: 1666"] Même chose ici, le fil était intitulé "quelle nouvelle série en dehors de TC Legends aimeriez-vous?" - cela impliquait qu'il s'agissait d'un accord conclu, donc je n'ai vu aucun intérêt à voter ou à commenter.

Je viens de trouver une référence à un mod de défi TVR Tuscon et j'ai besoin de le retrouver et de l'essayer. Cela pourrait être spectaculaire :cool:[/ QUOTE]
    celui-là ?? : [​IMG]