GT Legends league - sign up here to join the club

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Hi all!
    i'm new to this League, i used to race in the old days with Gpl, looking forward to meeting you on the track!

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to the series Lorenzo.

3. John vd Geest

Welcome to the series Syd.

4. John vd Geest

I have a request.

Can anybody who leaves the series please let me know he has unregistered. I have to take the car out of the serverlist and it's a lot of cross checking with 2 lists to see who's left.

Thanks in advance. :)

5. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Hi John
    Yesterday I have unregistered, sorry !
    (I had Pantera #49 )
    Cheers :)

6. John vd Geest

Oke, thank you.

7. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Bah sorry, stuff came up and I wont be able to make today and probably no other thursdays too, so I've unregistered from the series.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Oke, see you later :)

9. John vd Geest

Live-timing is working again. :)

10. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hey, I would like to invite some friends to watch the party, is there any broadcast link I can share?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John vd Geest

I've asked, but no reply yet ... I'm coming to the server in 5 minutes.

12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Here we go!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Pole: Do you want a mandatory pitstop for all events?

The Porsche 906 can do all events without having to stop for fuel while being competitive. All other cars do have to stop for fuel.
    Do we therefore want a madatory pitstop for all events or do we leave it to the cars themselfs if they can make it?

A mandatory pitstop means: Changing at least all 4 tires.

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/pole-do-you-want-a-mandatory-pitstop-yes-no.3869/

14. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Personally I think it should be left as it is, as the Porsche did not appear to gain an advantage (Or a significant advantage) from running the full race without stopping. Then again, I haven't driven any of these cars so I don't know as much as the drivers do.

15. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Phil had some kind of issue but it was not on stream. He suddenly dropped more than 15 seconds .. I think it was the lap before Tim pitted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

On my calcs Phil would have been in a direct battle with Davide at the end as I was about 14-16 seconds behind 1st before I pitted, and Phil was about 2 behind me at that point - but as above he had some sort of big off just before I pitted.
    Add to that the fact I'm fairly sure Davide backed off in the closing stages as he was under no threat, then with equal enough drivers the Pantera was still the car to have here (I closed the gap down to just under 5 seconds in the last 10 minutes, Davide had to have slowed as that wasn't all due to the BM needing less fuel).

This just underlines the point already made about how hard the Pork is to drive on the limit - it's fast but if you arn't pushing it the entire way I'm not convinced it's fast enough.
    On the twisty rounds we'll suddenly find that the Nissan and BMW are a 'tad' ( ;) ) faster than the Pantera's and especially the V8 machinery.
    Phil and Davide are both good drivers so the fact they would have finished almost together suggests that nothing is really that broken, With the bimmers stupid gearing I could never hope to beat the Pantera boys here so my placing (3rd realistically had Phil not messed up) is irrelevant.

I'm fairly certain that the remaining tracks will be better on fuel, so even the Nissan should only need 1 stop, a full load in the CSL was just shy of 50 minutes for me at full chat - Potentially I think can go no stop on some later, slower rounds if I drive conservatively and allow myself to loose half a second or so a lap for an entire race...

Unless the Porsche proves an unbeatable weapon (i.e. wins really easily) at Charade (It was designed to win the Nurburgring 1000km so Charade is a literal perfect track for it) I don't think we have a problem - and make no mistake Phil is going to have his hands very full lapping the 8k circuit on the limit for an hour :p

We've had this situation at Srou in a Group C race at Monza, It was one of the most interesting races I've ever done. Drivers had to save something daft like 10 minutes worth of fuel to finish the race without stopping - everyone else chose a splash and dash setup and I chose a mega fuel save approach. Had I not had an un-forced off on the 1st lap and gained a fair whack of aero damage clipping a spinner later in the race I'd have been an easy 1st or 2nd, as it was I finished 4th on the smell of an oily rag with a best lap 1.7 seconds slower than the winner and a knackered car....
    What I'm trying to say is that this is GT racing - the fastest route to the flag isn't necessarily the fastest that your car can go ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

Im in. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Another SROUK member here just joined the waiting list for the remainder of this series. I'll take my chances in the 911 RSR please.

19. John vd Geest

Thanks for your quick responds. If any of the green lights unregisters, you move up the list.

20. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Just a thought but can’t you increase the server capacity to 30 cars so these other guys get to race? (ACC series is running upto 40 cars).