Assetto Corsa Comp GT4 Challenge

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

It's their MP structure, it costs a lot to maintain but you happily pay for it because it 'simply works' .... you start out a newb in the Mazda & earn or pay your way up! and it's amazing. & ir is not a horrible sim , it's just dated .. its nascar sim roots are somewhere close to the original rf1 in terms of how log ago its code came to be & I think it might have a dose of rf1 in it :p.. ...
    How happy would you be if ACC had its MP structure? You know we would all pay for it :D $$..
    Hosting all those servers & keeping everything going as smooth as it does is not a simple task,:rolleyes: it's an operation! & there good at it & it works :cool:.. were talking millions of dollars here.. with supporters like Dale Jr. who also has a stake in it, brings it into the limelight..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

will join you tonight for a bit of Oulton fun :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Excellent!~;) this for sure is a fun combo!

4. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I will try to. Not very familiar with the track.

5. Rob Milliken

Servers up ! best get some laps in ;)

6. Laurent Londes

Can I see the lap times somewhere? Like we have for AC?

I will do some laps tonight, I'm working right now :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

sadly no live timing at this time that we can use here at SRO ..
    For what it's worth:rolleyes: I'm a backmarker & my best time so far is a 1:46.004:p s I'm usually about 3 sec's off the leaderso_O:eek::D

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Passmore

John Passmore Pro Driver Donator

I think the fastest lap was 1:42 i am around 1:45 at the moment, tricky track to get right

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i havent done any laps so not sure how much i can bring to the party, but know the track well. I havent even used ACC for about a month sadly.
    Been paining me to see those two Shark cars run off with the silverware un-molested ;) hopefully Tim can peg JR back and i can attack Simon :p
    Previous laptimes are on the race page i believe. (Ignore JR's time, he is not of this world :D )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Laurent Londes

Ah, going to pass on this one because it's sunny for a change and I can go play some tennis. There are so many rainy days, why do you have to race when it is not :D

11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I hope to annoy the pointy end but didnt do any of the practice I hoped for last night as when I put my Rift on I had no sound from the left headphone.
    I spent the remainder of the evening digging through my loft to find the spare cable and headphones - neither fixed it so I have to assume the ribbon cable in the strap has given up....

I then spent 30 minutes re-configuring AC, Steam VR and the Rift hardware to send all my SFX to the HiFi so I could use my ancient headphones over the Rift.
    Oddly it's actually more comfortable somehow, and oddly enough a 20 year old set of Technics cans sounds WAY better than the stock units.
    The only trouble now is that setting up for a race is like getting into a plane - if you don't follow the checklist correctly you're going no-where :confused:

I'll probably copy my Brands setups for the Massa over and use that to save time, it has to be fairly close to what I need Vs starting from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John Passmore

password not working?

13. John Passmore

ops wrong one

• Informative Informative x 1