Hello all,

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Rob Vandenberg, May 26, 2020.

1. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Rob van den Berg

2. From what country are you?
    The Netherlands

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    I googled for online Rfactor2 events and came across your site

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    No problem

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    I have ACC, RaceRoomExperience and Rfactor2 and find myself racing Rfactor2 the most.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    No preference

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    No real preference yet, Open wheel cars seem easier to handle than GT’s and touring cars. I have a special interest in historic (60s) cars, although I do find that harder to drive it’s fun

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Spa, LeMans and Monza I suppose because I raced these the most (both in current and historic versions)

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    For the time being I find 30 min races a challenge but that will probably/hopefully change

10. When did you start sim racing?
    Back in the 90s I started with the Geoff Crammond F1 game and GP Legends. Since the 'corona' crisis I invested in setting up a basic Simrig.

Funny story is that in the early 2000s I practiced Monza a lot (in these games) and a few months later I was competing in a historic rally with a Jaguar E-type (real car!) and we had to do a consistency test at Monza (!). I went pretty fast to my navigator’s shock. He said “be carefull because you don’t know the circuit”. Although I had never been to Monza before, my reply was “Yes, I do!”

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    From 19:00 GMT and preferably in weekends

Additional information about yourself:

I have a small software company and recently spoke with Luminus about their dataplatform, which they told me was also used for a race simulator. I did not know then, but now I know that is Rfactor2. I used to drive historic rallies quite a lot and had the privilege to have been driving on circuits like Zandvoort, Monza, Magny Cours, Dijon-Prenois and even the old banking of Brooklands, all for consistency tests, not racing. Now I’m trying to get better in Simracing, where finding a good car-setup appears to be one of the most tricky things (and of course developing my driving capabilities).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

HI and welcome to SRO Rob :). And thanks for a nice, potted history of your interesting career with those historic rallies/tests.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Rob.

4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Welcome, think that 90ties F1 game hooked us all.
    Still have the manual lying somewhere...