rFactor 2 Indianapolis RC 2007 2.4 hours Special Event

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

As much as I want ABS in the vehicle, I'll have to agree with Larry. Realism is what I enjoy. Reason why I have two hookers and a line before every race. Trying to keep it real.

Btw. Pedals are fixed. Back to racing. Took Fanatec forever to get a part to me. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

With the ABS poll, 8 members were pro, 7 against and the majority didn't vote.
    When I tried to run Daytona without ABS as an experiment, someone called me out saying I didn't respect the poll.
    So realism is what the members make it. And the poll voters wanted ABS.

3. Johnny Gutierrez

Well John, I think that pole was rigged. I demand a recount!

4. John vd Geest

Oh, it was even 9 pro, 7 against haha. Not much of a poll with 25 signups LOL.

5. John vd Geest

Race password has been set. As a reminder, the race will go into the night, so don't forget to set your headlights at the start.

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I want a line to :rolleyes:! ? dam :D

Man my ass is sore from all that !
    Grats to the winners ! awesome pace in the GTE's guys ! I hate this track ! haha
    & what the hell is up with Indy at night ? lol There was not one light on, nor does it have any reflective paint on curbs or signs ..(they don't race at night at indy IRL ?) It was pitch black ! haha you would think at least pit road would have lights ?? ..hah rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.08.15 - 18.12.16.57.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Congrats to winners! I had fun racing Barrett. Then it became dark and then I got lost and then I didn't know where I was. The end.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Was a fun race going in to night made it interesting.

I had good pace with a bit more downforce than Marcos and Didier which on the oval they could pull away slightly, In the infield i was quicker and was right behind them again.
    All 3 of us were together for half an hour or more then Marcos went wide giving me the chance to get passed to start to chase down Didier.

Towards the end of the race i was leading for a number of laps, on my last pit stop with about 20 or so minutes to go i had to change tyres that put Didier back in the lead, i was gradually catching him when i got a drive thru after that there was no chance of catching him.

Happy with finishing only 32s behind Didier after my drive thru.
    I think i got the drive thru for putting 2 wheels over the white line as you come out of the infield and on to the oval?

Shame there was only 3 LMP2 but was still a lot of fun.
    Weldon to all that finished.

Grats to Didier and Barrett on there class wins
    Fuji would be another great track for a 2.4 hour race.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

Good morning,
    That was a really good event for me, first time racing with you guys and first full 2.4 hours completed, some really good close racing to start with until the sun went down.
    Sorry to Marcos, I left a gap up the inside but as I braked the rear locked up and spat me round into him, I hope there was no major damage and definitely not intentional.
    Looking forward to the league, only hope all register take part.
    Thank you to the organisers!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

Ha, last thing I said to Albert a.d Werff and Maikel Rozemeijer was when do the lights come on, famous last words;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I was surprised to take pole because despite the few competitors, the level was high.
    when Marcos passed me at the first corner, I thought I would never see him again but I managed to follow him and then regain the lead.
    good race with them, happy to have won against Nigel.
    and thanks to GTE for their behavior.

• Like Like x 3