rFactor 2 Indycar 2014 - Round 8 - Indianapolis - 26th May

Discussion in 'Indycar 2014 Series Closed' started by Nick Phillips, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2018.05.22 - 02.41.00.07k2.jpg

Round 8 Indy ! this is it ! the final race , and a wopper !100 minutes ! Start off the Indy 500 weekend with a virtual race of your own in the SRO Indy 100 !

Important Oval Info!

Rolling start with pace car: The game will show on screen instructions as we start the pace laps . The race start will have 2 pace laps behind the pace car ,after lap one ,if we are all in order ,when the pace car crosses the line his lights will go out . This signifies that we will go green at the line next time around , if the pace car lights stay on we need to do another lap ,main reason for a miss start is cars out of order .

Once the pace car pulls off stay at pace car speed until the green .no creeping up with the speed to the line ..

Cautions will be on so the pace car will come out when the yellow comes out slow down and be ready to form up behind the pace car .. game will give on screen instructions as to where you need to be and who to form up behind ...

Pits will be open to lead lap cars only first time by , then open to all next pass.. you will see the X for pits closed so do not enter if the pits are closed to you .The penalty for entering closed pits is a drive through ..

Date: Sat May 26, 2018
    Race Time: 21:15 GMT
    Qualify Time: 21:00 (6 Laps Private)
    Practice Time: 20:00

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/430

Rules to Remember

Punting 3.1
    Use of Escape Key in Qualifying 3.4

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

21 signed up ! I hope they all make it to the grid on Saturday ! Its going to be intense !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Is qualification for this race a private session or not?

5. Rob Milliken

private we are trying to make it as close to what they do with 4 lap average but we can't do averages in rf2 so just best of 4 laps ( 6 laps total) 1 out lap - 4 timed -1 in lap)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

The server has been set for Private qualifying with a total of 6 laps, which includes the outlap and inlap, so only 4 timed laps are allowed in total. Exceeding this will require you to start the race from the pit lane.
    If you crash during your qualifying and you want to run again, if time allows, then you must drive back to your pitbox. You can NOT USE ESC to return to the pits. If you do you must remain there as your qualifying session is OVER.

PIT STOPS
    When making a pit stop you MUST use the pit entry lane which starts just before T3. DO NOT slow down in T4 and enter the pits from there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry guys going to have to miss this one, Busy with the family have fun.

8. Ken Jagger

Aww Shucks! :(

9. Rob Milliken

Another note on pitting during green flag , as ken stated you must enter the pit lane from the start of turn 3 .
    Wen exiting the pits under green you MUST follow the pit road to the back strait ..do not jump out on track before the back strait .. Under yellow you may enter & exit pits from exit of turn 4 for entry and middle of turns 1 & 2 on pit out .this is under yellow only .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Phil Pitzer

Phil Pitzer Pro Driver

I think I have connection issues. All the cars around me disappeared then reappeared a couple seconds later and I was crashing into someone. Sorry to whoever got caught in that mess. I normally have no trouble with this

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Alexandr Meshkov

Yes, from other cars your car were all over the place in turns, looks like connection, but in other hand your ping was ok about 150-160 stable.

12. Alexandr Meshkov

Thank you all guys. Missed whole season, but it was very nice battles in season opener and today. Ovals are not easy, I'm glad to survive :)

13. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida Pro Driver

Yeah that was me. You completely disappear at exit of turn 4 and I did all the front straight as looking where you are and when it was time to get the normal line for turn 1 you are not there and then you appear on me POW to the MOON. Sad I got a podium for sure.