rFactor 2 Indycar 2014 - Round 8 - Indianapolis - Race reports & screens

Discussion in 'Indycar 2014 Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 26, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2018.05.22 - 02.35.20.04.jpg Have your say !

2. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was great fun. I did not know what to expect since this was my first oval race. Was racing side by side through several turns and had no issues with other drivers. During restarts I would get overtaken by half the field. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Maybe next time I pay attention to lower gears in anticipation of restarts. Congrats Ricardo on your championship. Looking forward to more oval racing in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ricardo Almeida

Ricardo Almeida Pro Driver

Thanks Mark, A bit disappointing how it ends but that's racing I guess

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes VERY unlucky for you two guys :(
    But GRATS on the series win Ricardo :)

5. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

This was my first impression of this club, and I must admit that it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. Thank you for putting it on.

It was also my first oval race, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a challenge it was to keep concentration. It was a really tough race, but I enjoy that. Of course, I didn't enjoy crashing all on my own after having led the race for an hour, but it was good while it lasted. At least I made the finish.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

By the way, I'm not very happy about our little incident. I think at that stage I could still have finished in the top five, and it's a shame that ended when you turned down into me on a restart. Still, I was only really in this race for the fun of it, so I'm not too annoyed. Just try to be careful about turning in when the car behind has an overlap like that.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not sure who you are referring to Joshua, but we prefer it that post-race comments don't develop into arguments or worse. I find it's better to message the individual directly and privately so you can both share your views.