Automobilista Inter-Community AMS Cup Series

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'm in. Fun cars :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I will join Paul but I don´t know what to expect, mod and track are brand new for me, at least in Automobilista.
    So I hope for the best and hopefully some more drivers ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I also will be there. Just one thing. Like Philipp, I never drive this car :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's no problem for guys of your calibre Philipp/Flaviu :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Cars are easy to drive with nice progressive handling i.e. can easily catch a slide. I've never driven them before either. Currently running 1:39's

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

Right Ken, we should stay positive ;)

Yeah you are right but the tendency to understeer is not helping me. (1:40 for me)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

For what it's worth I'll upload my setup after another practice later today :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Here's my current setup. Just done a 1:39.2. Also added my hot lap replay file.
    Haven't done any long runs so no idea what tyre wear will be like.
    Hope it's of some help :)

Attached Files:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Philipp Pichler

Thanks Paul, that helped, although 2 rear wing is maybe a bit too aggressive.
    I did a long run up to 30 laps and I think tyre wear is not that of an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Good info thanks. I think the race is an hour long so hopefully the tyres will last.
    What lap times were you doing? I'm averaging in the high 1:39's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philipp Pichler

1:39,6 was my fastest, but I was on the server with someone who did high 1:38´s

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flaviu Bozga

I'm on 1:40:xxx. can't go under 40 :(
    I will take 12 if is OK for you, guys.

13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'll take 10

14. Philipp Pichler

There are two skins for each team, so we should not have any problem in sharing the 12, anyway I think the red and black skin is included several times.
    Did you try Pauls Set up with rear wing 3?
    In addition to that I had the same feeling, needed a lot of time to to get into the 1:39. I focused
    then on my long run pace. Oh and to answer the tyre wear question, I run again a long run, the rear tyres did slightly go away, but you can still drive with them. But in general be careful it is easy to throw the car away.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Flaviu Bozga

Wrong post

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Latest results from Round 5. Hope you guys had fun even if you weren't as high up as you normally finish :)

[​IMG]

17. Ken Jagger

Race 5 details published, with car. track & distance still to be confirmed:

date: Wednesday 13th February
    car:
    track:
    time-practice: 20:00 GMT (20:00 London, 21:00 CET, 15:00 EST)
    time-qualification: 21:00 GMT
    time-warmup: 21:10 GMT
    time-race: 21:15 GMT
    race-laps:
    starting-procedure: Standing
    server-name-1: ACCrace5_SRE_S1
    server-name-2: ACCrace5_SRE_S2
    server-password: ACC2018

18. Philipp Pichler

Not quite, I still bemoan with my early mistake into the druids corner were I slightly touched the gras and spun off.
    Without that mistake the top ten or more was possible. Probably the same for Paul, who suddendly faced into the wrong direction as I headed through turn one.
    Probably neither my day, track or car but the opposition is also quite strong.

Looking foward to the next one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Ken this was a very strong field so our results were pretty good.
    After the first lap fun and games I found myself in 8th but this didn't last. Lost the backend into T1 and span. Then a few laps later I lost the back end in the run up to the island hairpin. Then I made a real hash up of trying to spin the car back around and ended up having to take to the grass and do a big U-turn to get back on track. Now in 15th I spent the rest of the race chasing Philip. Got within 3 - 4 seconds of him and then came across him recovering from his on spin. Was surprised I was 11th at the end. I guess others had there on dramas. These were fun cars but very easy to loose the back end especially if you got on a kerb. I find this with AMS if hit certain kerb it spins you without any chance of saving it. I think this was our best result yet. Hopefully we can begin to pull ourselves off the bottom of the championship standings. We really need 4 driving to start maximising points. Hopefully the 3 of us can race the next round with Ken making up the 4th driver we need. Well done to Philipp and Falviu :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'm driving the next round :)

• Like Like x 1