Join the Endurance Racing league

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 6, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks Eric.
    We already have a Steam Paul Ricard in our track database which is pretty good. So we won't replace it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795363999&searchtext=paul+ricard

The only Fuji I know of is the Steam version, which is mediocre and has issues. If you find a good quality one let me know.

2. John vd Geest

Just a heads up.

I have reserved dates for the Endurance Racing League series a while back because with the other SRO series, you have to plan ahead.
    Because it's Sunday (the Saturday's were all reserved already), we have to start an hour earlier at 19:00 GMT, because a lot of guys have to work on Monday. And I think 2.4 hour races will win the pot.
    The dates are:

All Sunday's starting 19:00 GMT Summertime and later normal 19:00 GMT
    September 06
    September 20
    October 04
    October 18
    November 01
    November 15

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

You should take a look at this Paul Ricard, it's laser scanned and far more accurate than the one we use to race on.
    As of Fuji, the only good version I know was DX9 and I'm not sure it has been updated. I've searched on workshop but unfortunately can't find it any more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Instead of Fuji what about Suzuka (in rf2 steam workshop its the Matsusaka track). Fantastic track :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Also if the day to night transition causes massive problems for lots of people that how about doing a night only race with no transition. :)

6. John vd Geest

Good idea. That would be an option if the Day / Night transition causes problems at Daytona. But I don't think it will (unless you have only 5 mb of RAM)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Here's my 6 tracks
    Le Mans (s397) Day, Night, Day transition
    Sebring (S397) Night Race
    Suzuka (Matsusaka GP Circuit)
    Sochi (RaceRfactor version)
    Brno
    Dubai GP

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Added. Sebring will be a going into the night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Can the league members please vote on this Poll.
    Its to determine how long you would like the endurance events to be:

Please vote here

11. John vd Geest

12. John vd Geest

Indianapolis 2007 Special Event

I have set up a new Special Event to bridge the gap between Daytona and the start of the Endurance series:
    Indianapolis 2007 Special Event: 2.4 hours. Saturday August 15 - Race 20:20 GMT.

You can sign up for this event here

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Concerning tracks I go with the flow.
    But Autopolis International Endurance might be another suggestion..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Why has nobody suggested the nurburgring 24h?
    (I can think of a few reasons myself...but it would be a challenging closer for the league wouldn't it?)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I suggest Nurburgring 24h S397 ;)
    I can not think of any reason not too race there ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  16. John vd Geest

I will put it on the track list and then it all depends on how many votes it gets.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Mount Tremblant has just moved from a DLC to a full free version with all layouts.
    You can get the track here: Download track

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  18. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

S397 Nordschleife 24H
    S397 Le Mans
    S397 Sebring
    Watkins Glen
    Bahrain
    Lausitzring Long

• Like Like x 2
  19. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

virginia
    mid-ohio

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Roadmap Update June 2020
    STUDIO 397 News, Roadmap

Looking back at the month of June, you’re probably asking yourself, what could the crew at Studio 397 announce after a month with so many highlights? It’s exactly what we asked ourselves as well. We started the month building up towards what would become the biggest sim racing esports event ever, with millions of people watching the 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual on televisions and streams worldwide. You’ve likely also already heard about Portland, the new and free track for rFactor 2. You may have noticed, if you own our Endurance pack, the new shiny liveries from the 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual event that are now integrated. And that wasn’t even all in the last update. We gave Silverstone a fresh new look and released the first step of the new GTE BoP, based on improved physics for all of those cars.

So what’s next? Even after last month’s events, there is so much happening at the Studio we want to tell you about. We may have downshifted a gear to make the next corner, but on the apex we are already full throttle again to bring you lots of new updates. The first will be another small BoP tweak to the GTE cars as well as a brand new set of default setups that are a better starting point for you to customize. Once that is done, the knowledge we gained from upgrading the GTE cars will be applied to our extensive set of GT3 cars, giving them a much needed update while we add two brand new ones. One we already announced, the Ferrari 488 GT3 in the latest 2020 evolution. The other we have not announced yet, but it’s already in beta so like the Ferrari it won’t be too long!

• Like Like x 2