joining zerobandwidth autosports

Discussion in 'Zerobandwidth Autosports' started by Pasha Paterson, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

__custom_showroom_1538525533.jpg

If you'd like to join the team, just post here, or send me a DM. Originally, the team was just me, and I've been running only in Assetto Corsa. One of these days I might get the R3E WTCR pack, or just dive into rFactor 2 the next time it's on sale on Steam, or something, but for now I'm keeping my focus pretty narrow. But that doesn't mean you have to do the same! It would be great to get some representation in series where I am terrible don't normally participate. ;)

Team Livery

Also, it would be cool if you could carry the team livery on your car, in games that allow such things. Here's how to do it:

• The Team Colors: The livery colors are orange (#d17d00), gray (#282828), green (#609040), and blue (#1341d9), in various combinations.
    • The Logo: The "zerobandwidth" logo uses the Timbrel font, and the "autosports" logo underneath is in Futurist Fixed Width font. The text appears in white over whatever colors are used in the livery.

Beyond the above, I'm not picky about the specific design; you can just have fun with it and design whatever looks good within those light constraints. I enjoy designing liveries, so if you need one and don't want to design it yourself, I can make one.

Team Rules:

Race cleanly and have fun. That's it. You don't have to be good — because that would disqualify me ;) — but anyone who becomes the target of repeated protests won't be representing what the team is about. From what I've seen of the high quality of racing on SRO so far, I don't think that'll be too much of an issue.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I never really took care about the teams, likely I would joined one if somebody had asked me. But so far none/no-one did.

Therefore I have driven nearly 130 races without a team (Don´t ask me how I could win 12 of them ;) , under normal circumstances and outside of automobilista I´m at most a average driver.) it seems about time to change that. Therefore I would be interested to join you.

So consider my bid, I´m not upset if you are looking for something different.

Oh and please tell us(me) why the team is named zerobandwidth.

3. Pasha Paterson

In 2001, I registered zerobandwidth.net, somewhat as a joke (.net was initially reserved for network providers, hence a zero bandwidth network provider would be a funny contradiction), but then used it as the foundation of pretty much all of my online activity, including all my posts to social media about cars. Since it was already a silly made-up entity anyway, we made up a "zerobandwidth communications: autosports division" for our racing, which shortened to just "zerobandwidth autosports". With the advent of online racing sims, it only seemed appropriate that I should carry the name over, because it continues the joke — an online racing team with zero bandwidth.

Earlier this year I stupidly missed the domain name renewal notice, and some Chinese domain squatters registered it out from under me, so… now it's zer0bandwidth.net. :rolleyes:

Anyway, with story time out of the way, let's get to the approval process.

(stares at a clock for ten seconds)

Great! Welcome aboard! :cool: Now I have to go figure out how to add people. :oops:

4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Oh ok, thought it is maybe a tribut to a slow internet connection, which is rather unfavorable for a Sim Racer (hampered some of my early races). But as it is some kind of joke that fits also to my sense of humor :)

Thanks. I think thats up to @Nigel Middleton who is able to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Pasha you will need to inform me of any new drivers you need adding to your team as that is done on the backend of the website.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Pasha Paterson

Will do; thanks!