rFactor 1 Matchmaker not available

Discussion in 'Macau Magic BMW E90 Closed' started by Doug Dezan, May 3, 2020.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I haven't used rF1 in many years and I still have the one I installed from R2P. Do I have to convert to the steam version of rF1? I was trying to get the into the lobby earlier for the E90 event but I always get a matchmaker not available.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I assume it's not going to be race today?

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hey Doug its good to see you again!! :):)
    You don't need the STEAM version of rF, any will work.

If the rF Matchmaker is down you can use the manual IP Address joining procedure like this:

It's possible to join the server in two ways:
    1. Click on the JOIN button in Liveracers (click on Live Timing in the top bar above) after selecting the track
    2. If that doesn't work, hover the mouse over the JOIN button and make a note of the race server IP/Port address at the bottom left of the screen. On the rF JOIN screen click on the BLUE + sign at the top, enter the IP/port details and the server will then appear in the list. Join then in the normal way.

4. Ken Jagger

See my response to Doug above Ramon :). The race can still run if everybody joins this way.

5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I have tried and it does nothing for me. :(

6. Ken Jagger

7. Ken Jagger

8. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Ken, it's the same thing for me. I don't see "Liveracers" you talk about and because there is not matchmaker my list is empty so nothing to hover over to get an IP. I have an empty screen with the blue + button and a refresh button. Below that is the message about the temporarily unavailable matchmaker.

9. Ken Jagger

It also seems that LiveTiming is acting up a bit which might prevent you from getting the IP Address/port details. If you can't get to them send me a PM.

10. Ken Jagger

The Live Timing/Liveracers screen is on this SRO page not in rFactor.

SRO Live Timing link.jpg

11. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Okay the IP works now and I see the server. Seemed to refreshed when you added the new password.

• Like Like x 1