Assetto Corsa Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Series Info

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Questions:
    I have read the racing rules, so just to clarify:
    - pressing esc during qualify means qualify is over, correct? It means that if you press esc during qualy you are no longer allowed to restart from the pits. The time you have set up to that point is your best time. Should you ignore the rule and try to improve your lap, the stewards will issue you a penalty after the race.
    - will there be a warmup lap? No, standing start
    - punting someone off results in a drive-through asap? Regretfully penalty's have been turned off in this group. However it is common decency to let the car you punted off back past you. Should you not do so, the stewards will look into it after the race and issue a penalty if need be.
    - what exactly if you slide off track with 4 tires? Grey area this one. Since penalties are turned off in this group (my belief is they should be on) there is no direct penalty for doing so. What I do is I slow down and deliberately lose time so to show I did not gain time by going off track

THIS IS MY VIEW ON THE RULES! ADMINS MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER VIEW

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The race is set for Dynamic track conditions with a start value =100

3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Thnx guys

4. Ken Jagger

Roy has pretty much covered the answers Tim, but I'll add a little to them.

ESC in qual - you can do this if you drive into the pits first. It's just not allowed out on track.

Warmup session - AC does not currently provide for this in the server configuration options. For a specific series, if required,we could always decide at the Green Light to do a Formation lap/Rolling start as a manual procedure. This would to a degree allow a little pre-heating of tyres/brakes I suppose, but not the same as a warmup. If you are thinking of having a toilet/cigarette break after qual, we do have a 2min pre-race break for you to join the grid when you are ready.

Punting - During a race it's not always clear whether you caused another car to go off or not example Historic F3 Outlon Park Race 1 on Tuesday when Angelo dos Santos and I came together at Turn 1. In cases like that it can be reviewed post race (by SRO Admins) if one or other of the drivers involved feels the need after watching the replay, to log a protest. The other situation is where you may make a mistake, run into somebody and knock them off track thus affecting their race. At SRO we expect the driver who causes the problem in those clear cut situations to take a voluntary drive-through.

4 wheels off track - mistakes will happen to everyone at some time/s, but it is the obvious disregard for track limits that our rules refer to here. If it is noted or brought to our attention that a driver has blatantly cut the track at specific points, lap after lap, then it is likely to attract a penalty whether or not it results in a faster lap time. There can be additional advantages, other than time, that can be gained by such driving e.g. lower tyre wear or better positioning for an overtake etc.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

A very good explanation Ken :)

6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Couldn't be more clear mate! Awesome, thnx. Just want to know what the racing etiquette is at SRO and avoid the avoidable. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Ken, i have the best news. Just signed a million dollar contract ( i am the one paying) with the guys from Arisoil and they want me to drive the # 72 car (stock skin). So please guys, it's an expensive paintjob. Dont scratch it.

sent PM with my account details

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

I'm picking my aiming point already ;) so maybe you should get them to paint a spare car :D

9. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

Hi Ken Steam Name is Andre Hildebrandt
    Steam GUID is Hildebrandt_A

Attached Files:

10. Ken Jagger

Hi Andre and welcome to the series. But you have not given me the right GUID number. This is the one I need:
    STEAM GUID.jpg

11. Andre Hildebrandt

As above GUID ID Hildebrandt_A STEAMGUID.png

12. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Hello all, another new person here (thanks @Stacy Newcomb !) I'd like to run the #23 if it's free (I think it is). BillWiskins on Steam, ID 76561198068035957.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

14. Andre Hildebrandt

Hi Ken the reason its not a number is because I elected to have a custom URL. steam url.png

15. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Good to see you Neil, I'm sure Ken will be in touch about the real names rule shortly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Andre Hildebrandt

Hi Ken have deleted my custom URL so I now have a number. steam guid #.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have to sign out guys.
    This series colide with other championships i am going to drive :(
    Sorry, and have fun

Maybe i will join some races

EDIT:

i will join other series is canceled ;-)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  18. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Hi there ,

Few hours ago at the server I was in a yellow car but not my number 70 livery
    Is there something wrong or hasn't the liveries been handed out to the correct participants yet?
    cfr the guidthingy

19. Ken Jagger

Yaayyy got there in the end :) Thanks Andre.
    It's been noted that the skin allocation is not working as planned Tim. We are looking into it and hopefully it will be fixed before the race.

20. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

#55 if it's availaible, otherwise I don't care, anything goes.

Kimi