Assetto Corsa MX-5 Asian Cup Series Info

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Asian Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

upload_2021-10-13_11-48-41.png

Already says my full name. Its a bit of a head scratcher :confused:

I've unticked the box. Fingers crossed its fixed it. Cheers @Andreas Schuster

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Is it because you have not changed your STEAM profile name/nickname?

3. Alex Bonner

Could be. Thing is, its showing "BOO" on your timing app. I've never used that as my Steam name but I do remember setting an online nickname somewhere in CM but now have no idea where it is to change it back.

4. Alex Bonner

Think I've got it. Cheers Guys

upload_2021-10-14_11-15-43.png

5. Ken Jagger

For future information to help others, what fixed it Alex?

6. Alex Bonner

I believe it was the tick box next to Online Name. With the box ticked it found the BOO nickname I had entered within CM somewhere. upload_2021-10-14_17-26-57.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

The following member has been unregistered from the series for non-attendance or not unregistering from the previous two races

Alaoui Nassim

8. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

So, after the disconnection in the second race of the season, I copied part of the log file. I'm not an expert there, but I can see that I'm not on the starting list... A few lines further there is also "ERROR: Cannot find car with sessionID: 255". But I don't know what that all means.
    Please, if someone can read these log files, I will try to start next week again and then upload the whole log file here.
    What I know is that a disconnection will take place as soon as the lights go out and the race starts. In all other sessions I have no problems at all.
    I also know that I had the same problem last year in the Porsche Cayman GT4 championship. As soon as the starting lights go out, I'll be disconnected.
    I also tried to start in another online server and there were no such problems.
    I am grateful for any ideas. Thanks!

@Ken Jagger , are there any different server settings between the race and the other sessions, in terms of driver ID or something?

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Ken Jagger

Are you getting any other errors i.e. Checksum errors?

No difference in settings which apply to all sessions

Try removing all python apps and ptracker if you are using it.

10. Ken Jagger

Kiril do you have the latest versions of Helicorsa installed as it's set to mandatory on the server? I would have expected you to get a checksum error if you didn't, so maybe that's not relevant.

11. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

No, no Checksum errors.
    The apps I have besides the stock ones (Chat, gMeter, system) in the python folder, are helicorsa and CBV_FuelCalc. I don't know what ptracker is.

I don't know how to start a server, but if everything is always the same, why do we keep having problems with the starts? Sometimes with wait time, sometimes without, sometimes with starting lights, sometimes without ...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

That cause probs with me, after lights go green, game kicks you out from server.

13. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Humm, I developed the app and use it myself and I have no issues. Any logs I could check?

Edit : I have looked at the log.txt from Kiril. It seems to crash in a native debug function. Could be caused by an app but not sure. There is another error logfile somewhere there. That one might be useful too. Gets overwritten on new game start though.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  14. Ken Jagger

I've now identified that issue to one which occurs if the Qualifying/Race sessions are set to OFF, with only Practice session running. When the Qualifying and Race sessions are then re-enabled, some of the server settings for those sessions revert to default. I now know to reset them before the final restart of the server after setting the race pwd.
    This does not create the problem you are experiencing, as everybody else is not disconnected.

I'm interested in Kimi's comment about the CBV_FuelCalc app. Maybe worth removing it for the next race?

15. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Thank you for the Info, @Kimi Martikainen!
    I only have this log file @Laurent Londes , the others are already overwritten. It has to be randomly though, bacause I have the app over a year now and I had no problems in 5 of the 6 SCCA Production Classics races. If it happens in Macau again I will upload the log files, but I will definitely try to start the next race without the app and see what's what.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laurent Londes

@Kiril Kirilov @Kimi Martikainen

I had a look at a possible issue on the the start of a timed race. There is a veeeery slight probability that it could cause a division by zero. I have uploaded a new version on RD just now. Could you please update to that version? Were both of you on version 1.1 before? There were some stability fixes in that one over 1.0.

Edit : I actually doubt you got kicked out because of my app but can't hurt to update.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cbv-fuel-calc.30852/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Yes I have the 1.1 version. I will try this time without the app and see if I can make the start. It was really disappointing the last few times where I couldn't start the race. But we will know more if I get DQ again without the app.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laurent Londes

Well, the issue I found and fixed is very unlikely to happen anyway. I never had the issue myself and run the app all the time.

19. Ken Jagger

The following members have been unregistered from the series for missing the last two races without notification or unregistering as required by SRO Rules. If you want to run in the remaining races you must re-register.

Alan Denyer
    James Houghton