New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Not everything.....
    ...... but nearly:D

2. Rodolfo Nogueira

Rodolfo Nogueira Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Rodolfo Nogueira

2. From what country are you?
    Portugal

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    From a friend Ricardo Gomes

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    No problem for new games for the moment.

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    rF2

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    Like all

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GT's, DTM, V8 Supercars (all with no electronics)

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in witch game?
    1. Monza - rF2
    2. Spa - rF2
    3. Nurburing - rF2

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?

I prefer 90 minutes or longer

10. When did you start sim racing?
    Around 4 years ago

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Saturdays at 08.00 PM GMT

Additional information about yourself:
    I have one Sim Racing Comunity called SlipStreamSims and we race all Monday`s at 9 pm.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi Rodolfo :)
    Hope to see you on track soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ignacio Hortal

Ignacio Hortal Pro Driver

hello
    1. What is your name?
    Ignacio Hortal

Chile

Rob on the RD teamspeak, also im pretty sure we ran some race2play events, i did plenty of assetto there, praga r1 events and some group c and apex mod rfactor 2 events

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    all of them to date.

i enjoy good racing, usually assetto and rfactor 2, but i also do ams and iracing from time to time.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    dont mind if its single or multi, spec or open setups.

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    tourism and gt

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    sebring iracing, spa assetto,.
    NORDSCHLEIFE ir/assetto/rrre

short races most of the time, longer ones ocassionally

early 2016, got my first wheel at the end of april. before that i did some pcars with an xbox controller and thats it (besides old gran turismo games with ps controllers)

whatever thats not wednesday and thursdays

i enjoy racing as a competition were you challenge yourself and others at the same time.
    i have no irl experience besides quad bike enduro events. i wish i could do some karting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Welcome Ignacio!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Hi Ignacio :) Hope to cya on track soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Welcome

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Rui Santos

Portugal

Facebook

Yes

rFactor2

Single Class

Open Wheel/Touring Car

Interlagos, Barcelona, Spa-Franchorchamps - All in rFactor2

30 to 45 minutes

Bought my first wheel in 2010 but started with PC in 1991 (Microprose F1GP)

19:00 to 22:00

Also, i'm more on the hard core side which means i like no aids in championships, just pure driving ;)

Cheers guys!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

Hi Ruis :)
    Nice to see you here with some of us other R2P's

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Olá Rui!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

Yeah, nice to see some R2P members here, this looks good, looking forward to race you in short future. I have a baby girl now (born in May) so right now my time is VERY limited, but hope to have more time in some months, lool :p

Cheers all!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome Rui to SRO

Congratulations on the birth of you baby girl

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Csaba Maczelka

Csaba Maczelka Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Csaba Maczelka

Hungary

Desperately searching the net for a replacement drug for Race2Play which was just shut after I have discovered it + your comment on my YT-vid.

Mostly yes (dx11 rF2 is somewhat inconsistent)

These days mostly AC, spent hundreds of hours with rF2 too, but generally speaking I like them all for different aspects.

Single class, formula mostly, but anything that can get close battles. Multiclass has its charm for me too.

I'm a huge fan of openwheelers, but I'm an omnivore.

AC, Nordschleife
    AC, Brands Hatch
    Hungaroring (any game, just because its my home track)

I like long races if the schedule is not too tight (min. 2 weeks btw races).

Ages ago (Microprose F1GP), but with huge gaps. Came back 3 years ago.

MO-THU, after 1800 GMT, some but not all weekends too.

I'm a fan of racing games since C64 and Test Drive. Despite many hours spent on virtual tracks, not really fast, but trying to race as clean as possible. Made lot of club races, also some longer online league races. Fan of Norbert Michelisz. My schedule is rather chaotic unfortunately, so looking for a "Reserve driver" kind of position :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Welcome!
    I had a C64... much better than the spectrum in those days :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ken Jagger

Welcome aboard at SRO Csaba. Hope to see you on track soon :)

16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi Csaba, welcome to the club.

17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Andrew Harper

I was born in Berkshire UK, but I moved to Guernsey on the Channel Islands in 2004.

Just via a Google search. I was looking for leagues using the URD cars and I came across the website.

I bought myself an Aorus X5 laptop. Couldn't decide whether to opt for a Mac for my design work and another PC just for racing but in the end decided on the X5 (the X7 although lovely is just too expensive). Great piece of kit and had no issues with it at all. I can run most games on high/ultra at 4k on my TV so it's an absolute powerhouse. The fans obviously get pretty loud at that point but you don't notice when you've got the headphones on. Had some issues with the standard wifi card (as you saw the other night with the last DTM round) but replacing shortly with the latest design so hopefully this will work better.

Raceroom. It's the one I enjoy the most. Oddly as I do a lot of skinning designs for people it's the one sim you can't design your own colour schemes!
    It's probably not the most sim like but the various series it offers and the variety of tracks are awesome.
    I also enjoy AMS, RF2 and the odd race on GTR2 still. I do own Project Cars but I never got round to even playing it; just not enough free time.

I enjoy multiclass, mainly as in real life as I'm a big sportscar/GT fan.

I enjoy pretty much any vehicle to drive. I'm not keen on the Formula Ford type cars though.

....trying to think of tracks apart from the usual Spa, Suzuka, etc.
    Algarve Circuit on Raceroom (the only circuit I've ever managed to win on at RaceDepartment! haha)
    Londrina on AMS (In the F3 car this circuit is an absolute blast)
    Raceroom Raceway (An odd choice I know but for a fictional track it's just great fun)

I really don't mind. I suppose double headers are kinda cool as if you have a bad first race you can try and make amends in the second.

About three years ago, although as teenager I used to race on the Grand Prix Series and GTR2. Geoff Crammond you are a God!

I work two jobs so free time is a bit difficult. Usually weekends are better as I work 9am till 5.30pm and then 6pm till midnight most nights of the week. Not surprisingly I'm very single! lol

I'm 42 years old and work as a manager in retail during the day and shelf fill during the night. Moved to Guernsey after my parents in 2003. I would love to have my own place over here but as I'm not born here the prices would be astronomic for me so whether that means moving back to the UK at some point or maybe to Europe I don't know. I started in Sim racing on Grand Prix 1 (on the trusty Amiga) and it went from there.

I studied design at college and that's my love if you like. I do work on logo design, graphic design and so on. But it's very tough to break into the industry without agency experience. I've done around 20-30 pieces of skin work for various people on sim racing and that's taking up most of my free time at the moment.

I'm a keen runner and gym nut. Completed my first half marathon in March at Silverstone (where else!) and I'm running in the Royal Parks Half in October. Lots of silly Santa run medals collected and 10k events as well.

Hoping to take part in a Radical experience sometime next year.

As far as personal life goes, well my family consists of myself and my parents and I have no other family. My previous relationship was about five years ago. She was lovely but in the end it just couldn't work and we were fighting a lot (and she kept running back to her ex to spend the night with him) so it was time to call a stop before I had a mental breakdown! lol

Thanks for letting me join you on here :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Hi, and welcome. Good bunch of guys in this league, so you'll find your stay here enjoyable

19. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to the club Andrew. Good info.

Relating Question 8; I also don't mind fictional tracks. I really don't understand why a lot of people see fictional tracks a something dirty and think only real tracks are the holy grail.
    I wouldn't mind at all to race fictional tracks in a series if it's fun to drive. Lowlands from rFactor 2 is a good example. I've put it in one of my series on SRO and 1 guy even started a fight over it hahaha ... like "How can you do that!? It's a fictional track ....!!!" Come on, get over it. If it's fun to drive, it's fun to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Haha, yeah I know. You can have a fictional track without it being like an arcade game. The last one we used on the DTM league was great fun and I really enjoyed it :)

• Like Like x 1