New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Patrick.

2. Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Miguel Santos

2. From what country are you?
    Portugal

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    Found it whilst googling for rFactor 1 online championships

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    It can only handle old ones like rFactor 1 and Richard Burns Rally

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    rFactor 1 and Richard Burns Rally, but also Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2, although I can't play them at the moment

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    I like both, but I personally prefer rallying to circuit racing

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GT3's on circuits, Group B's on rally stages

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Spa-Francorchamps, Portimao and Estoril on rFactor 1
    Ouninpohja on Richard Burns Rally

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Due to the very little time I can dedicate to sim racing, I prefer races that are 30 mins or less

10. When did you start sim racing?
    Way back in 2009, already with good old rF1, on a keyboard

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Weekends, all day on Saturdays, until 7:00pm on Sundays

Additional information about yourself: I race with a classic Logitech G25. Love it!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  3. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Miguel

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Miguel, you've joined us just in time for the rF Historic Group C series starting in January. I see it's at the ideal time for you and that you have already entered the series :)
    I look forward to having you on track with us then.

5. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Matteo Santini

Italy

I found some funny chaps in the GTR2 lobby and then we joined an online racing team called Virtual Drivers Alliance (VDA), in which I proudly race since more than ten years :).

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    About the Early Access of AC Competizione, we should ask this question to the Kunos team, given that the Unreal Engine 4 is best known as "Fatal Error". For the rest I'm fine :D

ATM Assetto Corsa is that I play most, but I started to play recently even with RaceRoom Experience.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    Single class

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    I was a great supporter of the Power & Glory mod for GTR2, but it's not mentioned in the question :p
    The real answer is: less is the electronics the better is the car

Nordschleife, Mugello and Suzuka I'd say, but I'm not so sure of it. As I play mostly AC, you can figure out to which sim I'm referring to :)

I mostly like spirnt races, but even 1 h race is fine. I did some 24h endurance at Le Mans with GTR2 in the past, but I guess that is not going to happen again.

A long time ago, late 1994 with Geoff Crammond's GP1 on the Amiga with a joypad. Then I bought a wheel with a couple of friends and we did 2 Formula 1 seasons with the successor GP2, in "red-hot chair" mode (red-hot chair translation is courtesy of google translate). A kind of multiplayer without online that some "experienced" drivers like me will surely remember.

I usually race at 20.30 GMT with qualif. start at 20.15 GMT.

Additional information about yourself:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Is this really the way you found this site or did you answer how you learned about to race online with your sim? ;)

I´m not that "experienced" but I can remember the "hot seat" (it was not translated into german) mode from Geoff Crammond's GP3 (my first racing game) which I played with a friend when I was about eight or nine (something like that). But I didn´t count that as sim racing because we raced with the keyboard and chase game against the AI. From my knowledge now the driving standards were pretty low, although these black Arrows cars and John Newhouse provocated a lot of incidents. :D

So welcome Matteo, nice to meet somebody who also liked the Geoff Grammond games ;)

7. Ken Jagger

A nice history of your experience there Matteo. Something I think many of us here at SRO can relate to :D

Welcome to SRO and hope to run with you on track sometime soon.

8. Matteo Santini

I should read the question more carefully next time, you are right Philip.
    The right answer is that I was searching a place to race in a championship with the GPL mod, and one italian friend which I met on another UK simracing portal told me about this place. I guess he is a friend of another SRO user but I forgot the nick. So here I am.
    Looking at my place in the red list I've got really few chance to join the firs event, but... who knows :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Henri Miettinen

Finland

Google

Yes

AC, Rf2, PC2

Both

RWD cars with lots of power

Nordschleife AC, Bathurst AC, Barcelona AC

Short, but longer races are good too

I don't remember the exact day, but sometimes at the turn of 2014-2015

Monday-thursday nights

Nothing interesting

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mauro Mariani

Mauro Mariani Pro Driver

Mak80 aka.... me :)

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Matteo and Henri

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Matteo check out post #13 about the red-light members for this race https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-1-highlands-8152-m.3045/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matteo Santini

Thanks for the tip Ken ;)
    Yesterday I had the chance to get into your server for some proper training with Louis Defor and Stef Williams, and despite I destroyed a hundred Eagles before learing the track, we had some funny battles on the server and some scaring side by side moments.
    Anyway, if I'll be still a red-light member and I'll be at home on 25th I'll jump into the server.

• Like Like x 1
  14. António Oliveira

António Oliveira Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    António Oliveira

Portugal

Google is indeed a great tool

To be honest I do not know. I have it always running with uploading/downloading torrents (I'm a Formula 1 collector) so I won't even try playing more recent ones. Besides I don't play a lot, so I guess rFactor 1 is fine.

I will always be in love with Grand Prix 4, despite the game being already 17 years old! I spent some online in rFactor 1 a few years ago but to be honest I don't like the offline experience with simulators. At least motor ones.

The simpler the better. Simple class is fine.

I like touring cars since we can have some wheel to wheel action without major damage. I don't play for a while so anything not so much powered shoiuld be fine.

Nordschleife, Spa-Francorchamps and Bathurst. rFactor 1.

I tend to prefer, for example, to play 2 short races (30 minutes) than a 90 minutes race. I need to have a little rest sometimes, and with longer ones I start losing focus after a while.

Offline a long time ago, more than 20 years. Online since 2010, but I have totally stopped for the past 5 years.

Weekends anytime and weekedays after 6 pm GMT

Thank you for accepting me in your community! I have already registered and started practising for the upcoming rFactor 1 events. :)

15. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Antonio.

16. Ken Jagger

Welcome to SRO Antonio :)
    It's good to hear that we have something running for you to get involved with already.

17. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Eric Moinet

France

Those were the days when R2P collapsed, but I was already committed elsewhere.

New rig built this summer, can handle pretty anything in the universe

rF1/2

No preference, though I made a lot of Multiclass these last two years

Prototypes

Le Castellet (rF1, AC)
    Le Mans (LaSartheBETA for rF1)
    Spa-Francorchamps (any game)

I'm a big fan of Endurance races, the longer the better.

2015 @ R2P with an old, worn out steering wheel. Awful days for me.

Weekends for me, I'm coming home too late week days for racing

Lots of people there I know from R2P, RaceConnect and the infamous rF2WEC. Nice to meet you all again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Eric!

19. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Nice to see you again in this new year Eric, I hope to see you soon on track fighting together! ;)

20. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Eric. It's good to see some of the old R2P'ers turning up here. :)