New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Fabrizio.

Nice pc.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Fabrizio :) I see you have already registered for the AC Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale series, so I'm looking forward to running with you in that :).
    You might also be interested in these other two series we are running:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/161
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/160

3. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Fabrizio.

4. Rino Di Lauro

Rino Di Lauro Pro Driver

1. What is your name? Rino Di Lauro

2. From what country are you? Canada

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online? Friend

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1? newest

5. What sim(s) do you like the most? rF2

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else? All

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else? All

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game? Mosport, Spa, and Silverstone.

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else? All

10. When did you start sim racing? 2003

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi Rino, welcome to Sim Racing Online :)

6. Ken Jagger

Hi Rino and welcome to SRO :) Hope to run with you on track sometime soon.

7. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Rino.

8. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Welcome to SRO Rino, and good luck on track! :)

9. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

1. What is your name? Paul Upham

2. From what country are you? Canada

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online? It showed up on my server list in Race 07 last week and i decided to check it out

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1? Handles all now...Got rFactor 1 working again after years.

5. What sim(s) do you like the most? Until now it has been Race 07 because of the incredible car physics. You really notice every change you make to suspension/Dampers etc.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else? Single Class and I love Rally

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else? Touring and open whee

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game? Spa, COTA, Monza

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else? 30 min because too much going on in life that can interrupt and wreck a long race.

10. When did you start sim racing?1992 Grand Prix II

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT? Being in Canada, time is almost irrelevant as my best time would be when you are all sleeping. Any day is good

Additional information about yourself: I am semi-retired and enjoying keeping myself busy with car shows and car restoration. I have three incredible classics that will require frame off restoration, that will keep me busy for many years to come. My relax hobby time is spent racing my online friends on Race 07 and challenging my personal best times on tracks. I am also beginning to really appreciate Project Cars 2 as a good simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Welcome to SRO Paul. I'm sure with all the sims we support here at SRO, you should fine plenty to tease your palete beyond Race07. Hope to race with you on track soon.

11. John vd Geest

Welcome Paul. See you on track :)

12. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Paul.

13. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Christian Mentin (aka n00bstyle)

2. From what country are you?
    Austria

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    I was just searching the internet for a nice sim racing community ;)

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    Most likely YES, but maybe not with the highest settings.

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    At the moment i am just in ACC

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    I am too new to online racing to have any preference, but i think i could like Multiclass ;)

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GT and open wheel

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Monza, Zolder and Paul Richard in ACC and definetly Misano in AC

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Till now i like longer stints for 60mins

10. When did you start sim racing?
    Started with lots of hours spent in one of the first F1 Simulations (looked it up: it was F1 2000 released 2001 from ubisoft) - i remember hundresds of laps in Monaco with my beloved MS sidewinder racing wheel.
    I did Race07 years ago - well in 2007 ;) - it turned me really away from some acarde racing into sim racing.
    At some point I started AC and now i am really in love with ACC (and the new Fanatec hardware)

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    GMT 2000

Additional information about yourself: I am a casual racer, not really practicing every day. But I would really like to join an open community!
    You might find me back again in the ACC Forum from now on ;)

14. John vd Geest

Welcome to Sim Racing Online Christian. The ACC series are pretty packed here, so you can always enjoy a full grid.

15. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi John, thanks for your warm welcome! I will enjoy definetly, most likely from the back of the grid, but enjoying ;)

16. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Christian. You should find plenty of ACC action organised/hosted here by Rob Milliken to keep you interested :).

17. Nigel Middleton

Welcome Christian.

18. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

1. What is your name?
    Andrew Blackburn

2. From what country are you?
    USA

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    I entered a multiplayer event a few days ago and someone in the chat mentioned it.

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    yes

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    I only do rFactor 2

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    both single class and multi class

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GT3/GTE cars, prototypes and open wheel like IndyCar and Formula 1

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    I like a lot of tracks, but if I had to choose, Laguna Seca, Le Mans and Sebring. I have done Laguna Seca 3 times in person during motorcycle track days. Great track to drive.

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    I do not have a preference.

10. When did you start sim racing?
    About 15 years or so years ago.

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    weekends any time, weekdays evenings PST.

Additional information about yourself:
    looking to try racing and driving track against something other than AI

19. Ken Jagger

Welcome to SRO Andrew, I'm sure you'll find plenty of rF2 events to interest you here, like this one for example which should suit your PST timezone perfectly :)
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/indy-125-2020-special-event.3849/
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1217

20. John vd Geest

Well, you've come to the right place :)
    Welcome Andrew.