New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Ruben Boss

Ruben Boss Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Ruben Boss

2. From what country are you?
    Argentina

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    Google

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    Si

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    RF2

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    Ambas

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    Turismos fwd, Formula 1

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Spa, Silverstone, Canada

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Ambas

10. When did you start sim racing?
    F1 Challenger hace muchos años.

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Sabados 23hs GMT

Additional information about yourself:
    Tengo 53 años, separado y actualmente en pareja. 5 hijos. Poco tiempo disponible para entrenar y correr. Inactivo hace 2 años al menos de las carreras. Tengo un Logitech G27. Soy limpio y respetuoso en pista y fuera de ella.
    Un saludo a todos.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Ruben.

3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Welcome to SRO
    [​IMG]

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi and welcome to SRO Ruben :)

Because we operate an English speaking & written Website and Forums it would be useful for you to use Google Translate if you you do not speak or understand English well. We and our non Spanish speaking members can then hopefully communicate and share our hobby with you much easier :).

Debido a que operamos un sitio web y foros escritos y de habla inglesa, sería útil que utilizara Google Translate si no habla o no comprende bien el inglés. Esperamos que nosotros y nuestros miembros que no hablan español podamos comunicarnos y compartir nuestro pasatiempo con usted mucho más fácilmente.

5. Ruben Boss

Ruben Boss Pro Driver

Gracias por el recibimiento. Me ayudo con el traductor de google cuando leo los posts. Espero poder comunicarme sin dificultades con este metodo. Un saludo cordial a toda la comunidad.
    ¿El server SRO Flat6 GT3 Cup cuando sera habilitado? Muchas gracias.

Thanks for the welcome. It helps me with the google translator when I read the posts. I hope I can communicate without difficulties with this method. A cordial greeting to the entire community.
    When will the SRO Flat6 GT3 Cup server be enabled? Thank you very much.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Depending on how many series we have running at the time, we typically get an event race server up and running approximately 4-5 days before the race date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ruben Boss

Ruben Boss Pro Driver

Thank you very much.

8. Armando Ortenzi

Armando Ortenzi Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Armando Ortenzi

Italy

Game magazines

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    My pc can handle newest racing games

Assetto Corsa Competizione

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    Multi class

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GT

Nurburgring, Suzuka, Kyalami alla from ACC

long races

From monday to saturday at 21:00 GMT

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Armando.

10. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Welcome Armando

[​IMG]

11. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Armando. :)

12. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Hello all! Trying to keep this short and easy. But it doesn't work like that :D This simracing "veteran" is looking forward to racing with you here at SRO :)

1. What is your name?
    Filip Stoyanovich

Serbia

Browsing the AC lobby through CM, looking for some DRM servers... SRO came up, so I googled a bit, went right away through some reads and rules :) very impressively organized community. Every info is at hand pretty much.

Not that good for ACC online with big fields, but I race online in AC with no problems.

Currently have a blast with AC, also have rF2 and ACC. The content variety in AC keeps me mainly with it so far, but it lacks quite a few important things. It's just that there is no perfect sim quite yet. Was there ever?

Well, the dream of any race car driver is probably to race all his rivals with equal cars. So, while single car events and championships are great for that, I also like grids with different cars and even multi-class races. I enjoyed them all, really.

This depends on my "phase" in the season, and if it's vintage I'd go with anything. I like sports cars, touring cars and open wheel cars with H-shift mostly. Lack of buttons on my wheel doesn't help with hybrid era F1 cars ;)

Only 3? That will be tough :) let's go with
    - USA's Midohio from Indycar racing,
    - Silverstone, Hockenheim woods and Estoril (older layouts from F1GP) and
    - Zandvoort and Nordschleife (both the classic ones from GPL and new one in AC).

I enjoy 60 to 90 minutes more because it usually takes a bit for me to get into a rhythm and would use some time to relax even. I've had even longer races back in the NASCAR days. That is something was used to. I like preparing for the longer races, planning pitstops, looking at tirewear and fuel usage etc. However when I lacked free time, I've had more than a few enjoyable 20 minutes sprint races but probably lack that sprint pace for it.

Well, I've been on and off simracing during 1990's, 2000s and 2010s. As an 80s kid I got to know a lot of computer games. With them the Pole Position, Test Drive and Indy 500, Mario Andretti's racing challenge, some other more arcadey race games. Then came about my increase in motorsport in general so I got into F1GP and Indycar racing in 1993 using keyboard and joystick only. Raced against my buddy with our little local network. Followed by NASCAR racing and Grand Prix Legends. Although I didn't get to enjoy much of GPL as I had to make a break from it all. It was in 2004 I got my first wheel MOMO black and started online simracing with NR2003 in ESCORS (European Stock Car Racing Series) where I've been for two full seasons. Also participated in one of the Bullrun 1000s and one WOSEC 2005 Le Mans 24hr with a two Brit chaps' WR Racing team back then (not to be mistaken with the actual real world WR Racing team). Then came about a couple of rFactor domestic league seasons with touring cars and then in 2008 I had to made a break again. Missed all the iRacing, rFactor 2 and AC hype. So I returned in early 2019 when I got AC ultimate and a used G27 wheel. Got a bit faster too.

I'm on CET so 20:00 or 21:00 my time is alright on some work days and weekends. Sometimes also weekends during day hours too.

Motorsport interest and simracing was something that worked for me all these years so I can't be thankful enough for all the communities and online racers/friends that were there, still exist and new comers too. Since I got back to it last year, I did SRS races/championships with 200+ races there and am a member of Vintage AC community. Most recently I had a pretty good run in the F1 1991 mod series and also Ferrari F40 races and a domestic 6 races GT3 championship which I won with some consistency and luck during all season long. Ran several seasons with DRM mod there at SRS. I like to commit to a season/championship and see where I stand in the end.

• Like Like x 3
  13. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi Filip, good read. Glad to welcome a sim veteran :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nigel Middleton

Welcome Filip

• Like Like x 1
  15. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Welcome to SRO Filip

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Awsome...another Mid Ohio fan!!
    Maybe we finally get the track voted...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Mid Ohio is a long cart track :p:p:p

18. Ken Jagger

Welcome to SRO Filip and thank you for a very interesting racing CV :)
    The BullRun 1000 huh? Now that does take me back a few years :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I know i am not a new member but i had a long time to show myself up here. After the Covid-19 lock down, summer was tough for me (almost lost my job) and things were not going well. After that, my town hitted brutally by Ianos cyclone.. Homes and stores got flooded including my boss store, water with mud, oil and gasoline destroyed almost everything inside.. We are trying to find strength to build everything up again from zero, government seems is not going to give us a generous help, sο unfortunately we are hanging on to our own strengths.. I hope soon i will be online at races again, i wish you all the best and take care yourselfs guys..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Sorry to hear about your hard times Vasilis. I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon in better conditions :)