New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Sim Racing Online Tim. Cool to see another Dutch guy joining the ranks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Tim.

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi & welcome to SRO Tim. Hope to see you in some of our series in the near future.

4. Lorenzo Bettini

Lorenzo Bettini Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Lorenzo Bettini

2. From what country are you?
    Italy

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    I saw the FIA GT server in the rF2 online list and i googled "SimracingOnline 2010 GT rFactor2"

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    My computer can handle all the games

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    rFactor2 for its physics. I raced also on iRacing and Assetto Corsa (Both great sims)

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    I like Multi class but at the moment I'm searching for signle class races

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    I like to drive every car as long as its physics is good

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Virginia, Barber, Zabdvoort in rFactor2

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    I like both

10. When did you start sim racing?
    In 2017 (With Playstation) with Project Cars 2, then i switched to Assetto corsa
    with PC in 2019, i raced iRacing for a full year, then i bought Assetto corsa and rFactor2

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Friday 21:00 GMT+2

• Like Like x 3
  5. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Lorenzo.

7. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Lorenzo

8. Andy Whapham

Andy Whapham Pro Driver

Hi all,

New bloke checking in!

1. What is your name? Andy

2. From what country are you? United Kingdom

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online? Google

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1? Yes indeed!

5. What sim(s) do you like the most? Grand Prix Legends, Assetto Corsa, ACC, Project Cars

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else? Any that I stay on track for!

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else? Probably Touring cars, although the 67 machines were amazing in GPL

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game? Silverstone, Spa, Snetterton (Grand Prix Legends)

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else? Shorter

10. When did you start sim racing? Waaaaaaaaaay back, 98 ish

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT? Evenings/ weekends

Additional information about yourself: I have been interested in racing sims since GPL back in the day, never any good, always been a back marker. I've only recently decided to get back into hardcore sims, usually preferring PC2, Grid series etc. I used to race in a league in GPL way back and would like to try something similar again

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Andy.

10. Ken Jagger

Hi and welcome to SRO Andy. Hopefully you will be attracted to one or more of our currently running series for ACC and PC2. We will be looking at starting a new AC series in January if we can count on decent support for it.

11. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Hi Andy, This is the perfect place to jump in again to have good clean fun racing, great guys to race with, and always very fair.
    They do run PC2, which I play a lot and its always good to have more drivers on the grid, and as always its good to have a full set of drivers in the other sims.

12. Sean Drage

Sean Drage Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Sean

England

Google search

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    Newest

Only ever played ACC

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    Not sure, probably single class.

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    GTs is all I've tried

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    ACC. Watkins Glen. Zolder, nurburg GP.

Short atm.

About 10 months ago but on series X.
    How now built my PC

Late afternoon/evening

Additional information about yourself:
    So I enjoyed Forza motorsport for many years but then I found a new interest in Sim racing. So I went down the ACC route on the Series X but it's still quite buggy on there and still crashes occasionally.
    So I finally got round to saving enough for my PC. I did join these forums a while ago but thought I'd hang back until I could get on pc.
    20221123_162626.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ken Jagger

Hi Sean and welcome to SRO. A nice illuminated rig you have there, just in time for the +200% energy bills :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Well, time to broaden your horizon to other sims :)
    Hope you have some good races here!

15. Sean Drage

Sean Drage Pro Driver

Thanks.
    Which would be a good sim to go for?

16. John vd Geest

I'm very partial to rFactor 2. It's at the top in terms of physics in sim racing.
    It's been around for a while, so it's not too expensive. It's on sale for € 14,99 right now, And there is a lot of free stuff to download in the Steam workshop. You subscribe to an item and it's automatically downloaded at startup of the game. And you get every update.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Sean.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

1. What is your name?

Robin Taylor

United Kingdom

Google

Currently using a gaming laptop, seems to run all the sims I've tried so far

Assetto Corsa and rF2

Happy to race in anything

All of the above

8. What are your favourite 3 tracks and in which game?

SILVERSTONE
    SPA
    A1 RING

30 to 60 mins

Started a while back with rFactor/GTR2/Race07

some weekdays and most weekends, late evenings

Additional information about yourself:

Only very recently got back into sim racing, started out in rFactor when its first came out, moved on to GTR2 and Race07.
    currently playing Assetto corsa atm, but looking to find something decent in rfactor2, been online a bit, but can never get a clean race in Assetto Corsa. Hoping I can find that here.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to simracingonline Robin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ken Jagger