New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I am a professional commentator currently working for Downforce UK. Also, I am mainly here for one race in particular. - I want to participate at Indianapolis in your upcoming Indycar series. I can't make any of the other rounds, just Indianapolis. Can anyone please put me in touch with someone who will have a seat open for this race? Thank you.

3. Nigel Middleton

Register for that 1 race HERE

4. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dean Timms

Dean Timms Pro Driver

Welcome Tyler ;)

6. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

1. What is your name?
    Joseph Wright

2. From what country are you?
    England

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    When looking for professionally organised rFactor 2 leagues

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    Oh yes, indeed. 120fps+ on most simulators at Ultra quality including rFactor 2 and Automobilista

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    rFactor 2 and Automobilista. They are similar yet so different.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    I prefer Single class, and primarily Oval racing (Strange for a brit, but hey ho) yet there is a lack of oval racing on the online scene outside of iRacing (which is too expensive for me)

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    NASCARS and Indycars are great fun, yet I like any open wheel car you put me in and GT's as well. I'm an all round guy really.

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Brands Hatch, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Imola (only very recently after a offline endurance race there). Mix between AMS and rF2. rF2 being the oval of course!

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Long races are my cup of tea. Strategy and driver errors play a huge role. But short sprint races every now and then keep the pressure on and mean you cant sit back and wait as much.

10. When did you start sim racing?
    In around 2011, when I first watched racing. I saw an F1 event at Singapore, and went out and brought F1 2011. Very soon got onto a racing wheel and like they say --- the rest is history.

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Any day in the evening time. And on the weekends I can race all day pretty much!

Additional information about yourself:
    Still a sixth form student studying ALevels. I commentate a lot of events for RaceDepartment, as well as heading off to University next year to study broadcast journalism with the focus in radio. I love to race, but don't get to do it much. Let's hope I can change that here! Just signed up for the Indycar 2014 series. After completing an Indy series last year at RD I'm looking forward to a new challenge, and nice to see a familiar name there too @Andrew Harper!! I do love to stream my races, however, I do fail massively when doing so. I'm always a better driver when I'm silent and paying attention to the race! I absolutely love commentating motorsport races (wierdly, more than I do taking part in them myself) but I'm here for the many leagues and professional organisation. Let's do it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Joseph.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Welcome to all newcomers

9. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Welcome guys!!!

10. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A BIG WELCOME to SRO Joseph and good luck with your Journalism studies going forward.
    Check out our AMS CART Extreme series here - https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/registration-open-for-cart-extreme-1998-series.2190/ - which started today at Laguna Seca. Despite 50% of the entries not turning up, we had a good race and learning experience with this mod which we haven't run here before at SRO. Hopefully you can make it for the 2nd Round at Road America on 28th Feb :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

I will have a little drive in the car before making any decisions, but that date does not seem to be busy in my book, so I think I will give it a go. I've had experience in these cars at a variety of circuits, so looking forward to it. A word of warning from experience. Don't put your tires onto the apron at the start finish line otherwise you do more backflips than a competitive diver at the olympics. Plus you should always stay on your toes on ovals. Loved my race at Fontana no matter how much I had to fight the car. Again, I need some drive time before I make up my mind 100% as I don't want to be a danger to anyone else :confused:

12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hello Mr. @Joseph Wright :D

Glad to have you onboard matey :)

I don't get to race on here as much as I would like (I work Tuesday and Friday nights) but the range of vehicles and series is great, you also get mods on here as well which is a nice bonus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Victor Penche

Victor Penche Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Victor Penche

2. From what country are you?
    Spain

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    Studio 397 forum

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    In low graphics yes, i can race in rfactor 2 without problem and its the only game i want to race on. I done some race without problems

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    Rfactor 2, Assetto corsa and sometimes automobilista

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    I like both

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    Open wheel, becuase of the speed and the corners with the downforce feels sooooo much cool

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Spa, nurburgring nordschleife and Indianapolis oval. I like it in all games tbh

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Depends on the time the race starts, but I like medium time race

10. When did you start sim racing?
    a half year ago more or less

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    16:00 GTM to 19:00 GTM and 21:00 GTM is nice for me

14. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Victor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

16. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Martino Maggiolo

2. From what country are you? Canada

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online? Searching for RF2 races online.

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1? Yes it can handle the new ones.

5. What sim(s) do you like the most? RF2 and AMS.

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else? Single class mostly.

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else? I enjoy them all but have mostly raced GT style.

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game? Watkins Glen, Hockenheimring and Daytona Road.

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else? Mostly shorter, up to 60 min.

10. When did you start sim racing? About 5 years ago.

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT? Being from Canada this would be Saturday or Sunday 8pm GMT or later.

Other than that, I'm a pretty awesome guy with a wife and 3 kids.:)

17. Ken Jagger

Welcome to our Merry band here at SRO Martino :)
    Hopefully you will find something that takes your fancy here amongst the series we run.

18. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Welcome. This group is turning out to be a very international bunch. And that's a good thing

20. Nigel Middleton

Welcome to SRO Martino.