PCARS-2 ~!

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I did an online shakedown race today at RD 26 drivers 40 min at Red bull with rain toward's the end .. It was Project Cars 2 10.03.2017 - 14.06.59.02.jpg awesome !

2. Rob Milliken

Here is the simple process for changing your name in PC2 (and other games )
    steam name change.jpg Keep in mind this is your GAMER profile name & has nothing to do with you steam Account info ..

**EDIT - It's a left click on profile name upper right ! DOH :confused::eek::D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  3. Rob Milliken

Yesterdays GT3 race was epic ! it wasen't without issues tho ..we had 26 drivers and 17 finished ,some had issues due to not having things properly mapped and not knowing the pit menu s ectt.. & some hi pings but the main bug so far is the overclock bug where certain (not all) pc set up's, when overclocked have a time advantage meaning they get the green lights 2-3 seconds before the rest of the field so they jump the start they also have 2-8 seconds per lap faster cars in some cases !.. out of the 26 drivers 2 had this yesterday & after jumping the start I immediately asked them (on TS) if they were over clocked and they said yes. they then pulled over and let the rest of us pass lol ... It's the same bug AC had early on and also PC1 had it in the beginning .... The devs need info as it's only a few systems this time around where like in AC anyone could over clock there cpu and be faster then everyone else ..lol Even with this going on the race was amazing ! the rain was insane ! i used the race management (up on the d-pad on g27) to edit my pit stop to take wet's only ..it worked perfectly ! even saw the crew handling the treaded tires as they put them on ..Oh and pit stop errors were on ! My first attempt at calling my pit stop after hitting the request pit button my race engineer radioed back "Whats that mate? you breaking up can't here you " LOL damm I waited a few and requested again & this time he came back with "ok mate we will be ready for you" and the yellow pit board poped up as it should when you request a pit .. the animated pit crew was very cool !
    The best part was the close lag free racing & handling of the cars ..the new tire model in PC2 is really good ! with Jack Spades FFB files the game is on another level .. I have never had an experience in any video game like this .. total immersion !

4. Rob Milliken

Here's a quick vid from round 1 of the SRO pC2 GT3 championship

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

The new fun pack is just that !

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I like the look of that Renault RS01 :)

7. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Maybe i am off topic but when i make an online lobby for PC2 noone joins. Is it because maybe people don't want to race with new players or am i missing something? And if people don't want to race with new players does it means people don't buy this game as expected? Just been curious after all i love PC2.

8. Ken Jagger

Rob Milliken will have a better perspective on this for you John. What time of day are you putting your server up and are there others which are being supported at the same time?
    I know Rob has been seeing pretty full servers when he's been online.

9. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Well yes there are always lobbies i can join, just wondering why noone is joining my lobbies. About time i have tried all the normal hours of Europe. It's not big deal though maybe it is because there are no new players around.

10. Ken Jagger

I meant to say how many players are on the other servers when you set yours running? Is it just yours which is not being supported?

11. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Yep it seems there are many empty lobbies. I think I know what it is. Maybe because i make games with less competitive cars like touring cars. I should play more career games and learn faster cars.

12. Rob Milliken

It's might be the content or do you know for sure your game is being listed in the lobby's?

I have had good luck putting up open servers with the right content , do you have the player rating set on or off?

Try putting up a GT3 session with like 15-20 Min Q and a 10-15 min race or like 7 - 10 laps & see if they join !
    the last server i had up 2 nights ago was the GT5 genetta with fixed sets 15 min Q , 7 lap races .. we raced for about 3 hours on that server on all kinds of tracks server was full 70% of the time (16 players)

I put up a gt3 race with f1000 raiting & 22 slots - 15 min Q 10 lap race and it was full with about 6 min left in Q ! so players are there but its public racing & gets kinda messy at times lol so i like to keep it with 16 slots and a C1000 ranking ,this provides some great racing w/o all the wreckers ..

13. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Thanks Rob for the info. Yes i guess it is something to do with my settings. Since i am new to GT cars i will try to wait for a few weeks and won't join a sim racing online championship until I feel confortable with the cars but i already have registered for the Renault formula tournament because i have some decent experience with formula games. Can't wait for it, I hope it won't be cancelled.

14. Rob Milliken

Don't let being new stop you ! we have drivers of all levels ! & the GT3 series is a 'Shake Down" series for pc2 as we are all pretty new to it ! so the more drivers the better ! & we are learning something new every time ! so if you want to join us Please Do ! look for me on TS , if you can get on TS I will help you get it sorted !:)

15. John Mentakis

John Mentakis Pro Driver

Oh nice!! Will do. :)