Poll: Ban the Ford Capri from the series Yes / No

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 10, 2020.

?

I want to ban the Ford Capri from the series.

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

31.3%
  3. Use car ballast 50 kg

43.8%
  1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Poll to ban the Ford Capri from the series Yes / No or aply weight ballast.

Before you vote, take a look at the live timing on server 3 or/and try the car out yourself and then cast your vote here.
    The laps of all cars are all done with 80 liters. (the slower times were set while I was still learning the track)

Most votes count and will be final.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Is it considered too fast at other tracks and leagues as well?

EDIT: Just saw the post of it being banned somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

According to 1 member it was banned from his league elsewhere. Haven't tested the car on other tracks against the other cars, but it's clearly faster on Highlands long.
    Not in a straight line, but overall.

4. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I think it would be a big shame to ban this wonderful car from the series, so i believe the 50 kg ballast its fair enough :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. John vd Geest

I think so too :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Has anyone tried adding 50kg ballast on capri... I think it does not balance performance on this mod. That would be obvious choise for me on performance but capri is so badly made compared to all cars on this mod I don´t want to drive it but don´t want to get beaten by capri´s either. Shame since I love other cars on this mod...

• Like Like x 1
  7. John vd Geest

I did not yet try the Capri with the ballast. It was just a figure to have a concept for the question in the poll. It was a quick draft.
    It seems that the members are mostly in favour of keeping the Capri with ballast. If 50 kg is not enough to reach a balance with the other cars, then it has to be fine-tuned of course. I will investigate this in the coming days.