Poll: who wants drivers to keep the same car for the whole series and who doesn't?

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 3, 2018.

?

Must drivers keep the same GTE car they have chosen for their 1st race throughout the series?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2018.
  1. Yes, keep the same car for the whole series

80.0%
  2. No, let the drivers decide what car they drive per event

20.0%
  1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Because it causes so much debate, I will start a poll to see what the majority wants with regard to keeping the same car throughout the series.

The question is:
    Do you want drivers to keep the same GTE car they have chosen for their first race throughout the whole series, or do you want to leave it open for the driver to choose the car per event?

If the majority chooses to keep the same car for the series:
    The drivers themselvse are responsible for reporting it to me if they see someone change to a different car make. I will check it and DQ the driver from that event if correct.

2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I really don't care about this but as this is the first time out for many with these new cars for this season I think we should be able to choose freely so we can enjoy the cars. Personally I'll stick with the same car. Also some people can end up not showing up if they are stuck with a car they can't get on with on a particular track. My ten pennies worth in this surprising hot topic. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

My initial experience with the Vette was not very good. But, I'm not going to give up on it. I just need to work harder on my setup. Jumping into a new car just because it's faster and handles better is the easier way. The challenge will be to make the Vette go faster so I accept that challenge for the remainder of this series :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I'm with Mark on this one. The Vet is a handful but I'm sticking with her, not like my ex which decided to........... wait, wrong forum.

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Exactly, I feel the same way with my ex.....I'm sticking with my BMW, a lot less hassle and so far has not blown a gasket....oops...which forum?;)

Regards,
    Bret

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

There’s benefits to to each route, personally I don’t mind people changing. It’s great to have a full field and you wouldn’t want people to not race because they are stuck with a car they can’t get on with. There is an advantage to choose a car that suits each circuit, but I don’t think it makes a massive difference, maybe a compromise would be to deduct a nominal number of points for each car change

7. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

I am for changing the rider in the class, but not the car in the class

8. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

Same as above, change class only not car in class

• Like Like x 1