Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 1 Barcelona

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

both races were relativly clean!! i made some contact on race 1 (my fault :( ) and ended up in 17th. but the last race was much better and i ended up 12th!

2. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

If I can suggest something to those involved in an accident, I would say the better way is not the "vengeance" during the next race. There's a simple instrument that people should learn to use, its name is "Incident Report". Check the replay and then file an incident report to the stewards following this procedure https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-834.
    I'm sure that if there are drivers on grid that does not respect SRO "minimum standard" of fariness on track, they will be penalized, or worse banned, if they reiterate such behaviour. Lamenting on the forum or posting video about an incident in this topic, will NOT SOLVE anything.

About my races, I had a good "pace battle" with @Ilya Krivokhizhin in both of them. It's always good to fight against good drivers like Ilya, and I hope we will have some chances to fight again by round 3. I'm sure that Tim will keep you busy for 2nd round though. So you won't miss me :)
    Unfortunately I remembered from the last champ I used this car some 4 years ago that slipstream is almost useless. So it's very hard even to be at the right distance to try an attack with the Cayman without risking a divebomb, that never happened on both sides. We'll see in the future if we can have some more "emotions" during our fights :)

See you in 2 weeks chaps :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

For non-French speaking members:

"I would like to say a big thank you to the organizers of this Cayman GT4 series and the SRO site in general. I had a great time for a first road race."

Charlie I would suggest using Google translate for any posts you may make in future, so all our members can enjoy your comments. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Had two really good races tonight though slight moments of bad luck avoiding others, cost me places in both. Got great starts in both races and enjoyed some great battles.:cool:
    Was a little disappointed with the race 2 contact at T1, not sure who it was but you knew I was there down the whole straight yet still turned into me and knocked me off track :rolleyes: it wasn’t necessary.
    But I thought the racing was pretty clean overall from what I saw and plenty of tight action. :cool: Looks like it will be a great series.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

If 20 plus cars take the start and approaching turn one, then there will be always a shortage of space, especially in the midpack (where I started). I was a bit unlucky at the start, in race one I could not avoid the standing car. I already drove on the white line on the left, but this was still not enough. If the car is standing right in front of you, then you probably have a chance to miss it, but with so much happening in front and a big speed difference, there is nearly no chance to notice that early enough.
    In the second race I was in the middle with no room to go and lost a lot places but such things happen. Also getting a hit from behind when trying to pass on the outside, not sure if there was enough space or not, most likely a racing incident (with Joel?). I knew the risk, would have been a good switch back pass.

This was the first race for two fellows I recommended SRO (Mitchell and Franz), I tried to guide them through SRO. Probably too good, when they are already faster than me ;)
    One last thing, I noticed that @Franz Herbert Mann is named Nepumuk Brebsdl in the result file, which is strange because he changed his name immediately after joining the sever for the first time. And the name was @Franz Herbert Mann in both qualis and races. So I hope the result processer could fix that, because it would be really harsh to lose his first results due to this bug. Thanks for organising.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ken Jagger

Thanks for guiding them through whatever they needed to know Philipp. I had a few laps racing for position with Franz and it showed he knows what he's doing on a racetrack :)
    No problems experienced in our results processing, so not sure where you are seeing that other name.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

ill have to check the replay of the race (if i have it saved) if not could you send it me? I think i remember bumping you slightely, but ill have to check the replay :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I will need to sort out my issues with the HP Reverb G2. I have been having issues with it since I got it and I am constantly trying things to get a better experience.. Going in and out of reprojection is not smooth as it is with Oculus headsets. That caused bad stutter throughout the races and I am happy I was able to keep the car on the road.. unable to push as I wanted. If I can't get it solved by next race I will unsubscribe from the series.
    Many seem to struggle with the same issues with this headset.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

That's really bad luck for me.... In both races your car turned out to be standing in the grid at the start somewhere in front of me and both times i was caught in a rather big accident on the start/finish line when others/me trying to avoid your car :( - So almost both times race ended already before approaching T1 XD.
    Anyway I had some tough fights in the back of the field with a broken car. My first AC online experience with such a big field was better than expected!
    Looking forward to the next races,
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi Claus,

Unfortunatly I think in both races I was somewhere next to you, and I really understand your frustration.
    In the first race I do not have the replay for that, but going into T4 I wanted to go to the inside. I was almost next to the rear end of the car in front, hit the inner curb, slightly touched the back of the car and thats it: Result: A spun for the car in front of me (which I think it could have been you), this car hitting the inner wall and then going straight into me... No excuses, my fault. I went for it, where there was just too little space. Waiting for a better spot with the pace i had that time and I could have made it clean.
    To be honest, I should self-report me for that, I feel guilty for destroying your R1.

For R2 I checked the replay because that one was somehow saved. I had a good chicane and went with a lot of speed into the last corner. You were defending on the outside against a blue car. So what happend was, three wide coming out the last corner, me on the inside, blue car in the middle and you on the outside. I knew that and i tried to stay as on the inside as possible while carrying the speed of the last corner, and the blue car was caught in our middle. And unfortunatly you did not know that I was at the inside of the blue car on the inside. In the replay from your onboard, it felt that you got hit by the blue car, but indeed another camera shows, you move to the inside of the track, where there was just no space for the car caught in the middle. The result of that move to the inside was again horrible... and somehow me also involved in that accident. But in that case at least I couldn't do anything about that.

I hope we meet in the next races again with more clean racing and apologies again if I was the one spinning you in R1.
    cheers Christian

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

That´s good :) I was worried because the wrong name was displayed in the result file from SRO´s Live Timing.

12. Ken Jagger

I saw 3 white cars in the race, but my skin and Team mate Paul Anstey's skin were both visible. Can you see the skin in the AC selection screen and/or in AC Content Manager?
    I can see and select all the custom skins in the pack, so if I couldn't see those 3 skins then it is your installation which is not right.

13. Ken Jagger

It makes it much easier to have a standard folder/file naming convention when building server configs and assigning cars to members in acServer Manager :)

14. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Yes, I see all the skins in my AC and I can select them. It just didn't worked on the server. I was arround @Paul Anstey on both quali's and I saw his custom skin, I dont know if he saw mine.
    I have got DQ from the server on both races directly after the lights went off. I have no idea what went wrong there. I didn't change anything on my AC and I never had such problems in the other SRO championships. Can you check if you use the correct ID maybe? Otherwiese I could use just a random skin for the next race and see if it works.

Sorry to all the guys that had an accident bacause of my standing car!:(

15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i didnt even see the skin pack announcement until after the race but only white car i saw was Kiril's as it stopped dead on the startline both races. All other cars had skins.

How come at Round 2 at Brands H i am the only driver not allowed in? ie red circle next to me. I was registered when it said only 22 cars were signed up for it. Its my home track! i can hear the cars from my garden, so be gutted to miss out :( cant we use the OSRW version which has more pitboxes? We've used them for several years at SROUK without issue.
    There is a full list of OSRW tracks even on the official Kunos website.
    Bit mean considering i was in top 10 both races for round 1 o_O

16. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Just missed you in the first race but but swerving to avoid I think I made another car spin. Sorry to whoever that was :(. The second race I smashed into into you simply couldn't avoid you. Both races I was used as a pinball. In the 2nd race I was knocked off the circuit by 2 cars trying their best to kill each other. In race 1 I think someone smashed into the back of me and used it to overtake me. I thought the rule was either give the place back or do a drive through. But neither happened. All that said the first race was great the second was even better. Although I was fighting over a low order place the fight I had with Joel was excellent. Thanks Joel. You defended well and cleanly. Don't think I could have driven closer to you if I tried. Think this series will be a good one as long as drivers calm down on the first lap. Come on guys race cleanly :)

Edit: @Kiril : Your car was white didn't see any skin on it unless it was supposed to be white of course

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Ken Jagger

You originally registered for the series on 28th Dec and then unregistered on 30th Dec. You then registered again on 4th Jan, by which time other members will have registered.

18. Ken Jagger

That possibly suggests the naming structure of your folder/files is not matching the server's. Your skin/folder should contain these Skin Pack V2 folder names. If your folder names don't match you do not have the V2 skin pack installed.
    AC Custom Cayman GT4 skin folders.jpg
    My understanding is that the ID's are only used for AI car selection and have no relevance for our online races.

19. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

If by ID then you mean the 'priority' setting in ui_skin.json then it's irrelevant for multiplayer as the server allocates skins based on the name of their directory.
    In theory you could make a skin that consists solely of the primary skin DDS file in a folder and nothing else and the server would still load it - it would be a right pain for the admin to find and would have some very strange/missing textures but would work in MP.
    AC would never load it as an AI car though I don't think, as the priority line is used internally to decide how much precedence any given car has when loading random competitors in quick race/race weekend :)

A file name error would always cause white cars unless it managed to simply point at the wrong car, where you'd see that instead

20. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

thanks!! same too you, i felt maybe my defending was abit robust since i didnt give must room but my goldenrule of defending is to hug the inside line and hope it works which it did!! hopefully we can have a similar battle tonight ;)