Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 2 Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

You can just alter your replay settings in the option menu Ken.
    It gives you the option to decide how to record replays, and if you do it by session you can then choose how many race/qualifying/practice sessions it automatically saves for you.
    I have both races as mine is set to 2 (I'm also running a double header race series currently) but only have the 2nd qualifying as we're using the default 2 race, 1 qual method..

Let me know if you need race 1.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You know I thought about asking you about this, being so knowledgeable about AC as you are, but then didn't. :) Thanks for the info I'll take a look at my settings.

3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Race 1 for me was essentially perfect. I was fully in the zone and it showed with constant pace and very few errors, the car just seemed to do whatever I told it to do and not argue.

Race 2 (And it's qualifying) is still a mystery to me.
    I just couldn't put a lap together to get a decent time in qually, it wasn't until the final lap of the session I actually managed to take paddock hill properly, and then stuff up the lap somewhere in the GP loop :confused:

The race itself went better although there was the unfortunate contact with Gavino, I was maybe a meter from the kerb at the point of contact but as that's a late apex corner I'm not sure if I was out of 'normal' position for a pass like that. I know you said it wasn't my fault after the race but sorry anyway.
    After that I had a few laps to catch the P2 car, after catching I eventually passed after his lawn-mowing exploits went too far and he span.
    Having used my tires somewhat (and still driving poorly based on lap times) I then ended the race in 3 or 4 laps of defensive fighting with Gustavo which was great fun.

Looking forward to the next round :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

The second race was less solid although I did well in improving positions from a terrible qualy. Staring 13th, I managed to end up in 7th (I believe) after misjudging my strategy with @Gavino Pintus. He had certainly better pace than me but after his incident with @Tim Muttram (I believe), he ended up behind. I should have let him pass and follow. That would have possibly allowed me to catch up with @Andrew Williams and @Mark Johnson but, instead, I fought for position slowing him and myself down (sorry for that Gavino). Up until that point in the race, I felt I was doing well and managed to improve my position which was the best I could aspire for yesterday. After Gavino eventually overtook me, I was out of focus and without a chance to catch Andrew and Mark, so kept the position safe until the end of the race...
    Here the second race:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gavino Pintus

Gavino Pintus Pro Driver

@Jos Ogos you do a great race and the battle was fair, and this is the only important thing in my opinion. I was happy to fight with you.

Sorry because I've tried the car only some hours before and I was not prepared for the race at all. And obviously not prepared to fight. For this reason I was the problem yesterday.
    Hope to fight with you in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Race 1 - I was the train driver once again (as I was in Barca with Phil and Laurent following in Race 2) with all of my carriages gathering up in a big queue behind :oops: whilst the cars ahead drove off into the distance.
    Both Dimitri and Jos got a run on me at various points where I had to leave them space on the inside, but managed to just keep the spot running around the outside.
    @Jos Ogos I see from your video at around 19.45, I didn't really leave you enough room there, sorry for that.

Race 2- @Mark Johnson took the role of train driver :D Don't think we were more than a second apart for the full 20 minutes, but I couldn't get close enough to try to make a move.
    When @Gavino Pintus had some incident and rejoined just behind, I figured I would be in trouble soon, but noticed @Jos Ogos fighting for position, which gave Mark and myself a good 4 second gap.

Nice driving all around by the cars I was close with in both races.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Defending is ok, however once my front wheel is at your driver, space must be given, at your brake point it was clearly the case
    upload_2021-1-12_21-47-12.png

Later at impact, I have passed you since braked later
    upload_2021-1-12_21-48-17.png

Look at SRO rule here https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-849 and appendix https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-841.

It was close on track and very unfortunate the minor contact made your car end up in the gravel, I have been on that end as well. However claiming I side swipe you of track is not very accurate to what happen. Both drivers responsible here and would consider this an race incident, I'll move on to the next race.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

i have just watched the reply you were on the grass to get to me, then you hip checked me as we entered the turn. but hey ho carry on believing what you said.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Yes, earlier the outer part of the right hand wheel touch the grass for an short while, but what is really the point with that statement?
    At the brake point you can clearly see where my car was. There is little point discuss this more in the thread.

Not claiming I'm totally innocent here but you claim I swiped you out of the race, and that is not the case.
    I encourage you to to file an protest if that is how you see it, as that kind of driving is not wanted as it even made you end the series.
    Can provide an youtube link to the incident to be used, pm me and I send you the link.

Otherwise I suggest move on to next race and leave it to what it was, an race incident.