Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 5 Interlagos

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r5.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

3. Ken Jagger

Please note there are only 23 grid slots available for this track.

4. Ken Jagger

The following members have been unregistered from the remaining races in this series for no-show/no notification/not unregistering from the Zandvoort race.

Paul Anstey
    Sergey Aksentiev
    Miguel Santos
    Stephen Hayward

5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I found out the hard way on the Practice server that this track has no replay cameras (Sorry Mark - wasn't ignoring you, I just happened to press F3 to watch your lap and it CTD'd).

Because the racing in this series is just too damn good that no-one will care about being unable to watch it back I threw some camera's together - this will also prevent any inadvertent CTD's from the race server.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2cvpdi7e6tfd4g/Interlagos cams.rar?dl=0

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

One incident in each race resulted in 2 bad races for me. Still, I had fun :).
    In the first race, I got on the curb in T10, accelerated too fast, and spun myself. In the second race, I punted @Denis Fominykh in the first corner. I am very sorry for that! However, you got away much better than I did, so I got what I deserved.
    Although I can't always transfer qualifying to the race, I am very happy to participate in this championship. Also, thanks for organizing and managing this championship!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

For some reason Race 1 didn't save for me - not a massive issue as I remember it being fairly boring once Dimitry, Ilya and Co. dropped back up until the very end when I finally started catching Matteo slightly.. It would just have been nice to check I'd been clean for the first lap.

Race 2 on the other hand was amazing, unless we include my doing a 'Matteo' and out-braking myself into T1 :p
    That set me up for the insane task of trying to chase down Matteo while simultaneously trying to keep out of Ilya's reach.
    A mistake by Ilya somewhere around Lap 4 gave me the space I needed to go after Matteo properly, unfortunately once I got to him I couldn't get past before Ilya then rejoined us again.
    I messed up the chicane through T1,2,3 and got too much kurb, this allowed him to jump me on the straight with 6 minutes to go.
    It took a further 2 laps of constant pushing, several dummies and eventually a late braking move into the final turn (I didn't realise how far back I was until I saw the replay :eek:).
    Matteo crossed the line with 2 seconds to spare on the clock forcing me to then have to defend from a very revved up Ilya. He seems to have pace over me through the tight sections, so I pushed through the fast and mid speed sections and then simply ensured I parked it on the apexs' through the middle complex.
    It only just worked as we crossed the line fully nose to tail thanks to the draft finally kicking in - another 100 meters and Ilya would have taken 2nd.

Yet another amazing race, these need to be broadcast as in the replays it looks as though pretty much everyone is involved in a crazy tight battle of their own!
    WD Matteo on the wins and Ilya for crazy battle and the last of the silverware.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I couln't ask something better as a result for tonight's races! It was hard work to keep focusing leading both races form 1st to last lap with Tim breathing on my neck. I admit I tried to avoid the battle pushing hard from the start but wasn't enough to ease Tim's pressure until the checkered flag of race 1.

Race 2
    After Tim stole my 2nd pole in his last attempt I thought that would have been almost impossible to win race 2, as I'd probably have to defend from Ilya rather than thinking about an attack on Tim, that showed a slightly better pace during race 1 from mid race on. However, at the first corner Tim decided to go in a phone booth where he could wear my clothes becoming SuperMatteo, the latebraker:D
    I gladly exploited his mistake that gave me the chance to breath during the first 7 laps or so. Then I had to resist from his first assaults for a couple of laps, before Ilya joined the party again starting his attacks on Tim. After their duel started I could relax a bit and watching those 2 hard bones fighting on track was really good. As I was in a position to finish the race a lap earlier but the duel was intense and fun, I decided to let the chaps behind me to take another ride on the carousel :D

Interlagos is always a great track for some proper fights, and once again he didn't disappoint the expectations ;)

Cu for the next :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've just seen the result - in race 2 Ilya crossed the line 0.073 of a second behind me!:eek:
    These cars are producing some quite frankly insane racing!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Denis Fominykh

Denis Fominykh Pro Driver

No problem :)
    Whatever my races were very bad, in a first race the game joked at me)) In second race i was tired...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

2 decent races for me, though i threw away a top 4 finish in the second race :(
    Had good pace in both races and enjoyed a great chase of Lorenzo in race 1. I suffered a bit of early rear bumper damage from someone in T1 lap1 and that hindered my straight line speed the rest of the race, so the pack of 3 cars ahead of me could always stretch a lead up the long s/f straight and then i would re-close in the twisties. It turned into a great 4 car battle in the dying laps and i secured 6th place on the very last lap from the car ahead not getting a decent run on that same s/f straight.

Race 2 was a good start again and despite the front guys getting out of shape at T1 and causing a slight wobble, i held onto my 4th place. I battled Dimitry? really hard for many laps which was intense, but then mid race made the daft mistake of double up-shifting up the s/f straight :eek: this killed my momentum enough to give Phil a run on me and the pressure he gave me all the way around to T3 made me have a moment mid corner. I went wide onto the astro turf and lost 3 places :confused: I then spent the rest of the racing chasing Lorenzo once more but finished 7th as the top 6 had great pace despite me doing many 39's. :)

Great racing and great pace again for this series :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

It was not only the game regarding the first race. After your jump start and further mess I understeered into your back in the middle of the Senna S. A bit unfortunate but still not my sharpest moment. I´m sorry for that.

Later payback hit back hard, because I could not avoid a crash in front of me. Car was heavily damaged afterwards and I just finished the race. Second race was also not better, after getting caught out by an earlier braking point from the guy in front I spun out. (Similar to Ken two corners before) It is really frustrating when you are not able to to avoid such mayhem and make silly mistakes too. Probably that is all result from my bad quali performances, where I really struggle to repeat my personal best from the training sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

This car is almost a perfect machine to exploit all my inabilities as a driver :mad::rolleyes:.
    To start with, driving it without ABS is simply not an option. I had ABS settings to min (9 I think) on the first race and it's not only that you slide like a penguin trying to follow the drivers in front, the whole lap is compromised due to the handicap with the braking. :confused:
    Then I reduced it a bit for the second race (down to 4 or 5) but I think it's either 1 or you run out of chances... At least with my driver's skills for the GT4s... :oops:
    With the updated settings I managed low 40s in the second race but still far from the top runners... So what else!?
    My terrible obsession to downshift too much when I am rushing for speed!:mad: Down to 2nd gear in T12 undermining the exit for the long straight... and many other of my defects that this car masters to exploit.
    It's good to see some improvements over the session. By the end of the second race I've managed to cut down 1.5 secs from my best times in practice but that's not enough and too late. I end up overdriving the car most of the time, particularly when driving on my own. Following a car with a similar pace makes me avoid some of the late braking defects, etc, and I improve my times.
    It was quite fun the fight with @Ken Jagger in the first race. Good chase and overtake from Ken and I managed to put myself together for a robust response. Following @Lorenzo Galluzzi in the second race improved my times, whilst I could... @Mark Johnson had a moment and I tried to follow unsuccessfully... He was on the 39s. That was the race for me. Lost their tail and driving alone till the end.
    Finally, there is something about Interlagos... I think I fully suffer from Daniel Ricardo's syndrome with this track...
    Obviously, I should put on more practice for Nurburgring.
    The video as customary:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matteo Santini

It's surely not an issue due to your driving skills Jos. ABS settings depends on the car. I still prefere driving the BMW DTM without ABS, but in this case, as you mentioned, is not an option. I guess that you're reading in a wrong way that values, cause 9 means you're max ABS (same applies for TC, the higher the number the higher is the intervention of ABS/TC). I found impossibile to brake hard with this car with other settings than "1". In that way you can brake really hard without locking tires. Than I prefere to use TC, for the hard task of putting down power avoiding tire slip. These are the main "tricks" of this car IMO.
    Right gear for every corner is important too, especially in a corner like T12. But you already know this ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Not according to AC
    AC Cayman AB Settings.jpg

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Odd - I've always understood it as Matteo says also. That's certainly how it feels when driving, especially in the TC settings ( I now know why I have pace over Matteo at the end of the races - traction control is an artificial grip limit I don't have to worry about :D ).
    I do run ABS in these however, think I was at 3 for Interlagos - It's very important to note that brake modulation is still critical even with ABS on if you intend to brake and corner together. Unless you have maximum intervention turned on, but you're barely going to stop then anyway...

I have noticed that the help tips in AC are sometimes backwards to what is actually happening on some of the suspension screens, its possible that the same has happened here?

17. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

First I got into AC, I thought bigger number is more with AC and ABS. Next time in the garage, while reading those tips, I was stunned to see it's the other way around. The bigger the number, the closer you are to 0 or that particular aid turned off. So I added that to my letter of complaints that I have never sent to Kunos.
    It's normal in ACC however, or what one would expect - lower number means lower effect with those two aids in Competizione.

18. Ken Jagger

Me too Tim. Some of the tips directly contravene many other setup guides I've relied on and trusted over the years.

19. Matteo Santini

Remember that you're talking about a game featured by italians with a greek touch on the physics :D

Maybe Kunos used the older version of Google translate at Vallelunga office :)

However, if I'm not wrong, reading the values from stracker about the only 5 drivers that have the ptracker installed (me, Tim, Jos, Mark Johnson, Syd Drake), me and Mark and Syd used the TC, Tim and Jos didn't.

Reading the ABS values on stracker, I'd just be curious to understand the meaning of that value 0.0 near ABS for Jos (view thumbnail).
    Ogos.jpg

As Jos said that he was using "4" or "5" it's a bit odd we found that 0.0 value there. Tim said he was using "3" and that reflects on a value of 0.10 on stracker (view thumbnail) Muttram.jpg

I was using "1". Value reported on stracker is 0.08 (view thumbnail)
    Santini.jpg

@Syd Drake which was your ABS set for Interlagos? Stracker reports 0.14, so I'd expect a value of "4" or higher in your setup (view thumbnail)
    Drake.jpg

@Mark Johnson which was your ABS set for interlagos? Stracker reports 0.15. I'd expect a value of "5" or higher in your setup (view thumbnail)
    Johnson.jpg

What is strange in this progression is that value 0.0 for Jos to be honest. Are you sure you didn't turn off the ABS on your setup before the start? It's really strange unless there's some bug in the game... I'll wait for the answer of Syd and Mark, and then I'll do some "private" test. Never trust in italian development teams, especially for what regards italian to english translations. By my feelings, that are the same as Tim, an higher value means you will need some meters more to brake. The braking feels less powerful and you can feel some slight vibrations on your steering wheel, that should simulate the effect of the ABS intervention.

20. Ken Jagger

I thought the whole point of ABS was to reduce the braking distance?