Post your car here

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 18, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The Lotus should be equal now on speed to other cars with the added BOP. So what you have to look for now is which car suits your driving style.

2. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

How do we set up the ballast on the cars for practice?

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

If you meant offline practice, you need content manager for that. If multiplayer, the server host must put them in the server settings.

4. John vd Geest

You can set ballast off line with one of the app's on the right of your screen when in car on track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

I think it´s dev app so you also need to enable them at system\cfg\asettocorsa.ini if you don´t see it. This was new for me but googled it right away :)

6. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

So next question. Does anyone have any updates for the absolutely shocking AI on these tracks? On most, they're slow (and that's saying something, coming from me) but on some, it's pretty much pointless racing them: Longford, for example, there's been a pileup going under the bridge on lap 1 every time I've tried it.
    Perhaps one of you aliens could show the AI a good line and alternative line?

7. Henri Miettinen

I almost never drive against AI, so I don't know how they behave on the track, especially on the mod tracks. But you can change AI's strength here.
    [​IMG]

8. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

Yeah I know that. At 100% they suck on these tracks - probably because they're mods.
    There are ways to train the AI, but it benefits from a good driver to do it :
    https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/how-can-i-make-ai-path.234/
    Maybe I'll give it a go myself if I can find the time. Even I can get under the bridge on Longford without crashing :)

9. Henri Miettinen

Okay, I can do that. I hope I'm enough fast for you.

10. Henri Miettinen

I tried it and it didn't work very well. AIs did not stay on the line. They cutting corners, drove to the wall, crashing together and braked where I didn't. But one guy drove three seconds faster lap time than me. :D I think it needs to be done so that you run very smoothly and do not push at all.

11. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

Yeah from what I've heard it's not about being fast, but about being smooth. I expect it takes a long time to do properly - I think after giving an ideal line, you also have to give an alternate line. Don't worry about it - I wasn't really expecting anyone to take it on. It would be nice if the AI could learn on their own really.

12. Steen Toudal

Steen Toudal Pro Driver

I'd like the Brabham #2 car.

13. John vd Geest

Done. Welcome to the show.
    Could you please post your GUID info here, to setup the car for you on the server?

14. Steen Toudal

Steen Toudal Pro Driver

Err, how do I find my GUID? :oops:

15. Henri Miettinen

Go to your Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs ...
    Open the log file with Notepad, you'll find this long number on 4th line with the name:
    Steam Community ID.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. John vd Geest

Open the log file with Notepad, you'll find this long number on 4th line with the name:
    Steam Community ID.

This Steam Community ID may also be found in Steam window, Community Tab ... even to find this number for your friends, except if they chose a private profile propriety for their Steam Account.

Here's mine:
    Installing CrashGuard Fault Handler
    Steam Name:John vd Geest
    Steam ID: 26172412
    Steam Community ID: 76561197986438140

17. Steen Toudal

Steen Toudal Pro Driver

Aha, thanks!

Steam ID: 16111715
    Steam Community ID: 76561197976377443

18. John vd Geest

Thank you.

19. John vd Geest

The following drivers have not yet selected a car for Round 1.

We also need your GUID info to set up the server with the car you will select.
    Steam Community ID.

Bill Grewcock
    Mauro Mariani
    Michiel van Leeuwen

20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi John,
    I'm sorry I can't make first race. If someone wait in line for this series, please give it my place. If not, I will be back from round 2