Assetto Corsa Race 1 Nurburgring GP

Discussion in 'SimRacingHolland Audi TT Cup - Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Guys, can not make it for tonights races. Got hold up by an old man on a white horse and a pointy hat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Never heard of Google Translate? ;)
    Boogity Boogity Boogity, gehen wir Rennen, Jungs

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Nearly :D
    It is a though one because there is no translation for boogity and no one uses the translation of racing for the context of driving a motor race. Probably "Auf gehts Jungs, lasst uns (ein) Rennen fahren."
    So the english version is far more catchy so we should stick that or maybe our dutch friends have a better one ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Sorry lads.
    missed tonights race.
    see you all at the next one

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Race 1

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  7. RACE 2

• Like Like x 6
  8. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

my first race online!
    it went well, not last and not lapped ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

last but not lapped... unfortunately couldnt make race 2 ... apologies but will make both next time

Realised how out of touch I am and it will be practice practice for the next one

Cyas soon

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Martyn the Sim Racing Holland server is up and running and set for Brands GP so you practice as much as you want :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Philipp Pichler

Yeah practice is important, drove my personal best (one second faster than in race one) in the closing stages of race 2. An indicator that I should have done more.

Picture of the day
    [​IMG]

Team zerobandwidth in formation to enter the top ten. As I saw that @Pasha Paterson had everything under control I decided to check out :D
    Race one went well even though there was not much of exitement. I gained one place because the car direct in front of me did a jump start. As stated above I was faster than Pasha and Rob but Phil Brown was also faster than myself. So I stucked in P9, which was ok but probably a bit ungrateful when only the first eight were reversed.
    On the other hand that position was perfect to avoid the mayhem. Likely your attempt of creating more excitement due the reversed grid was too succesful. Helped me to climb up the order but also nearly got me back to the ground. I think Tim braked a bit too late for turn one and probably missed my car by a margin. (Maybe it looked tighter than it was in my mirror).
    Had fun yesterday, thank you guys.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

@ Phillip: Nah man, it was idd verrry close!! Totally misjudged that corner. Also apologies @Rob for almost parking the car on the apex overshooting the corner trying to avoid Phillip.

For race one I was very happy with second place on the grid. Had a good run out of the last turn on lap1 and managed to overtake Dzintar. He kept following me during the rest of the race but the gap was just big enough to stay out of trouble. Very happy with the win.
    Second race starting eight all went well until I tried to overtake Frans who knocked me off the track. I rejoined in 9th behind Rob and Joseph. Overtaking them while they were battling amongst eachother was really hard, as described above. I had a good pace and managed to overtake a few others. I was lucky with Frans and Dzintar colliding with eachother which cost them both several places. Hakan was too far away so I crossed the line in third. Really happy with a second podium after an unlucky start.

This car seems to provide for some close racing. I really look forward to the next round. C u all there.
    Cheers,

Tim

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Does anyone have the race 1 replay available? I have AC configured to keep only one race replay at a time, so as soon as race 2 started, I lost the one for race 1. :eek: :oops:

14. Ken Jagger

I usually have them but for some reason my R1 replay was corrupted, so I only have R2 :(
    If somebody can send me a link to one I'll upload it to the race page.

15. Ken Jagger

For some obscure unknown reason, my car had been swapped for a cart without any steering, so I was at sea come the races :confused:

In both races I had some fun laps running with Ed & Jacopo, but did have a couple of, in my view, unnecessary contacts with cars which didn't help getting a decent result. I also observed some other contacts which were clearly punts, but did not see any effort to give the place back as our Rules require. Please refresh yourself on SRO Rules https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/ for future races.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Philipp Pichler

Then good save ;)

Only the last seven/eight laps or something like that. Probably better than nothing
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/hm85...di_tt_cup_ks_nurburgring_layout_gp_a.zip/file

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1