Results - GT World Monza Grand Prix - Jan 13th - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Ok, makes sense for qualy or hotlap.
    But in race you get 'slow down' penalties for every time. 3 warnings and a drive tru seems more realistic. Like I said, this and other things, like weird car control in pitlane, differ quite a lot from other sims. Maybe I have to get used to it.....

2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

On the our GTR3 server Rob?

3. Rob Vandenberg

Ok it seems that these are quirky race settings in the ones I tried probably.

4. Rob Vandenberg

No I will try the SRO server after dinner.
    Thanks for checking BTW.

5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I am trying to get on the server and make sure the settings are okay and start race countdown, only one admin can be on at a time and I am waiting my turn.

6. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I need to synchronize the server with race time too. I will restart server one hour before Practice if I can.

7. Rob Vandenberg

Are we on discord or Teamspeak?

8. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I have my own channel on Steam. I have to much stuff running for my cell phone to start another software.

9. Rob Vandenberg

Sorry guys, this game does not make sense to me.
    Had a decent start. After I got hit in Variante Ascari, I crashed in the barrier. Damage on aero, engine and suspension! Massive! Bonnet was so messed up that I could not even see the track in front of me. In the pits it took ages and nothing happend. No possibility to repair the damage ?? Finally I left the pit on the limiter (without repairs) and I got a drive thru for speeding, while on the limiter. I did see the notice in the Forum, but it makes no sense to me. So I had to quit the race.
    It probably has to do with me not understanding R3E.
    Hope you had better luck.

10. Rob Vandenberg

I read similar experiences on various race forums. Apparently the game decides if the damage is severe enough to make the repair options available in the pit menu. This might even be affected by 'limuted damage' setting of the race. The result is quite the opposite, that you might end the race because you cannot repair. :mad:

11. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

You need to turn of the ignition to activate the pitstop, same for refuel/tyre change etc and thinks it's the same for repairs.
    And it needs to be marked, or pre-selected in the pit-strategy you are using.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  12. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

13. Rob Vandenberg

I did a proper pit request and I' m aware that the pit actions have to be selected. The point is that the repair actions did not show and therefor could not be selected.

14. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's what was puzzling me Jens, as I couldn't see any setting for it in-car. A bit pointless really if you can't see it. :(

A VERY, VERY big apology from me about the start comment. I was convinced it was a Rolling start for this series, but having checked after the race it's Standing start :oops::oops::eek: I must've confused it with the AMS Batmobile Series starting tomorrow (shameless Plug ;)) in the upcoming events list.

That was me Rob, you seemed to be very cautious under braking which caught me out, but if Raceroom is new to you then that's understandable. Very sorry that you got that damage and couldn't get it repaired. I suggest testing out a few offline races with AI and deliberately crash to take some damage and then work out the HUD options to get serviced when you stop.
    BTW I did a D/T when I saw you weren't going to catch me up so I could've then let you past.

15. Rob Vandenberg

16. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Could be related to the limited damage setting on the server maybe, with only around 10 drivers full damage should be manageable, better option than no damage IMO.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rob Vandenberg

I don't blame you at all Ken. It's just the weird things in R3E. I did quite a few offline practice races and practiced pistops. The thing is that damage repair options did not show.. see also my other posts.

19. Ken Jagger

20. Ken Jagger

Doug will be able to confirm that or not.