Results - GT World Monza Grand Prix - Jan 13th - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I didn't bother with any pit stop options for tonight's race, but I'll take another look at my install and see what I can see for comparison. :)

2. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Correct and I have all that. Not much use if the damage repair actions are not available :eek:

3. Rob Vandenberg

If we had another race within a few days I would have much appetite, but it might change for the better come the next race in this series...;)

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

When I tried an pit I needed to turn of the ignition to start fill up, have not looked if there is any extra Confirm/start the pitstop button?
    Unless confirm is used to activate/disable the different pit option like tyres, and if available, damage.

Have not done many longer races in R3E and used the pit so much, mostly 20 to 45 minutes.

5. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

I'm alone on the server...
    Sh!t...I missed the time :'(
    I've use to 20.15 gmt....waaaaa what a noob I'm :mad:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. Ken Jagger

Check your Gameplay options within R3E Rob. This option is Off on our servers, so you manually drive the full pitstop the same as rF2 events.
    R3E AI Pitstop control.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Vandenberg

I used this as a reference. Pretty good explanation on how to perform a standard pitstop

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Vandenberg

It is ok Ken. I had this issue only on one of the ranked raceroom servers. Both off line and on the SRO server there was no AI driving in pit.
    Thank for the attention

9. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Damage repairs are fix by the AI if necessary when set to fix in preset.. Visual damage is just for show and is not repairable. The damage hood will always be damaged.
    pit1 fix.png Above image will fix damage by AI if damage is really bad. The in-game crew chief usually tells you if there is stuff like Aero damage to fix.

pit2 fix.png
    Above image doesn't fix any damage

Remember to have all control buttons assigned.
    pit 3.png

- Create a pit stop preset and make sure you highlight green the things you want to change so you don't have many things to fix during pit stop.
    - Bind the correct keys and memorize them. This is my setup but you have to create your own. Just those are the necessary keys.
    - Open the pit stop request dialogue before you are very close to enter the pit lane, so you dont lose time.
    - Reduce speed and engage pit stop limiter before the pit lane entry, so you dont get a penalty.
    - When you are inside the pitlane activate the confirm pit stop actions.
    - Disengage the pit stop limiter after the pit lane exit.
    If you have assigned buttons for Ignition and Starter you have to turn off and on your engine manually!!!!

In a race with a mandatory pit stop there will be a pit window. A regular 40 minute races, it starts 10 minutes into the race and finishes 10 minutes before the end, so lasts for 20 minutes.

I will be creating a video about pitstops and it is necessary because this is a reoccurring problem with new RaceRoom drivers. Visual damage is just that, only visual. I hope this brief helps you all understand somewhat how it works. There is a way to change the visual damage by changing values in the .json file but I do not know how at the moment.
    Hope this info helps for the moment

PS. I will be correcting grammar errors, I am sure there are many.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

OK Rob, but please be clear when reporting an issue otherwise we go on a ghost-hunt for potential problems with our servers. General problems with a sim should be reported in the Sim thread e.g. for R3E https://simracingonline.co.uk/forums/raceroom-racing-experience.338/