rFactor 2 Rf2 GT3 DLC

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Are you referring to RF2 or AMS?

I haven't driven the above cars in RF2 yet but I've driven the Stock V8's and Supercar V8's in AMS (formerly Game Stock Car).

I like the Stock V8's great fun, but the SuperCar V8's are not my thing at all. I didn't mind them but I couldn't deal with the unique driving style required to get decent lap times out of them. The sim racers who were used to the game engine knew the tricks to get the best out of them. They also won't flippin' stop! lol.

Honestly, my old FIAT had better brakes. :)

EDIT: Ok, I see what you are referring to now, no I don't own that mod but I'll have a look, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

ahahaahh
    i had one myself too.. turbo i.e.
    the only car i felt the engine wanted to fly out of the hood ahahah :)

stock cars i raced a few times on the site that died :) ... and i liked it!! a lot...
    wish we had a cup here!!
    the super v8, never raced with them... only offline and i must say i have the same issues as you (braking, handling, etc.)
    but still, there's another type of racing i would do ... if we had one here

i love everything with 4 wheels

i once raced trucks with rF1... fun as hell!!!

PS: i was talking about the supercars mod available in steam .. in think there's only one

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Funny and coincidental you mentioned AMS Stock Cars guys as I'm thinking of putting up a series for these on completion of the existing Boxer Cup series, although it will likely run on Wednesday rather than Monday. Hope you would both be up for it?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi!
    I was talking about "american" stock cars.. oval tracks :D
    Yes I would (I love the stock car mod for AMS!!), but unfortunetly at present I can't race during the week... except on fridays :(
    And on top of that i'll be away for a few (3 or 4) months starting late november :mad::mad::mad:

5. Ken Jagger

Boy are you gonna miss your racing for 3-4 months Ricardo, or will you be able to continue with it whilst you are away?

6. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Well, it's not set yet... but it can happen.. 3 to 4 months (could be less) at sorbonne (paris) for my studies
    All depends on my university's budget..

And yes, i can't take my gear with me... :(

7. Ken Jagger

Fingers crossed for you that they find the budget :)

8. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

they always find... just not to me (and those like me, i.e., without "name")
    but... we try... :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hiya,

It all depends my friend. I am free on a Wednesday, however I work two jobs and sometimes on a Wednesday I can feel very tired after a long day on Tuesday.

Anyway, I'll certainly sign up for it and give it a shot as the cars are great fun and sound very cool too! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Good luck my friend. I hope you're studying something you enjoy.

I've been looking at a home study degree in Graphic Design (as Guernsey doesn't have much in the way of further education, it's mainly based around finance and business as that's the main industry here).

My problem though is whether I feel I can afford the £300 a month in tuition fees. I work full time but don't earn a lot so £300 is quite a big chunk out of my wages.

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for all us when I say good luck with your further studies :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I'm a phd student...and because of my grades i dont pay tuition (1200€ per year), which is great!
    But i dont have a phd scholorship (960€ per month) that many of my colleagues have, in some cases, with far inferior grades than me ahahah
    Thats the way the world works!
    Now, i should spend a semester in another country...but i only have to if they support it
    The ones with "name"..or filiated in political parties have it all...
    I really dont mind...it sucks...but i'll live
    I love what i do

You must calculate it wisely...if you think thats your thing, you should go for it

We should never "lower" our "ideals" to the level of our weeknesses (difficulties)...(Tolstói)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Now, the DLC
    Tried it..
    Drove the Maclaren at Silverstone and the Vette at Estoril... AWESOME
    Top modding
    The othet three, just loaded and looked arround...and the Radical has some serious graphic bug in dx9
    I hope they'll fix it

We should try them soon.. and i propose we do it at Silverstone

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I don't think so my friend. The last blog was talking about going completely over to the DX11 engine by the end of the year so the DX9 support is now starting to wind down.

There were a lot of comments on RD that the only way you can get the best out of these cars is to play the game in DX11 format (unfortunately). The visual damage I understand can only be seen in the 1109 Open Beta Release although I haven't tried the pack yet.

However you have a valid point. I don't use HUD's as I play the game in DX11 anyway but until developers are given the tools to create HUD's for the DX11 version of the game they may have to keep the DX9 version supported. I know a lot of racers still like to have to hand all that lovely data :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

i have triples on my setup... i can't play with them on dx11 ... not enough gpu power
    but i can with AC and IR (for example)... not on max, yes, but pretty good...

still a lot to be done, and i am not complainning, but i do think they should not cut the dx9 support at lest for now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1