rF2 SRO FKR DTM

Discussion in 'SRO FKR DTM Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone,

I need to do some proper running in the cars, I own the URD mods but Racedepartment.com don't always like using paid for mods so I haven't raced them as much as I would like!

However, can I please sign up for the league please?

Team Name: RiP (Race in Pyjamas)
    Driver 1:
    Andrew Harper
    Nationality:
    Guernsey

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome Andrew ! To join simply head to the championships page & click the join championship tab !
    To add your team Check the teams page or PM Nigel to make sure we add your team to the menu ,then it will be in the drop down !
    SRO FKR DTM CHAMPIONSHIP SIGN-UP"s

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi Rob, thanks for the information. Sorry didn't see the championship tab, still finding my way around! :)

I'll see if I can quickly do a car livery, I create quite a few for other people but I'll see what I can do over the next few days.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob isn't the negative result in scoring for a team effectively the same irrespective of the number of drivers in it.
    Example - a team has 4 fast drivers and finish 1-4 in a race. They only score the first 2 places for points, but Team 'B' who finishes 5/6 with 2 drivers will only get the points for 5/6 & not 3/4?

Or will the Team scoring be done manually to amend this?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

This is a good question Ken .. I will see what Mark has to say about how the software works ..
    Or we might have to limit the teams to 2 drivers with the option to have Team RiP-A & Team RiP-B for teams with more than 2 drivers .. ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

For anyone that did not know the URD T5 (DTM) mod takes advantage of rf2's ability to map front & rear ARB !
    In some racing series the regs allow on the fly ARB adjustments , DTM is one of those >> at least it was in 2013 ..:)

Ok so now you can ,on the fly ,from the cockpit , adjust your front & rear ARB's .. very handy ;) so most of you probably already know ..!
    For those that don't its as simple as mapping what ever keys you want to the front & rear , you will need 4 keys ..
    arb rf2.jpg :eek::D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

I have spoke with the elders ..lol wait Im the old guy .. Ok
    So what we have in place for team scoring for all events lets a team have as many drivers in a race as they want then the total of there position points is divided by the number of drivers the team had on track .. Also if only 1 driver raced his points are divided by 2 .. This is how r2p did it and our software is configured to work the same way ! Here's another explanation :
    FLOOR( (sum of points for all team drivers) / if driver count = 1, then 2, else (count of all drivers for event) )

In other words:
    If there is only one driver in the event, divide the total points by 2
    otherwise
    divide the total points by the number of drivers in the event

and then take the resulting calculation and round it down to the nearest whole number ( the FLOOR function)

here is an example :
    http://simracingonline.co.uk/attachments/team_scoring_average_method-png.2178/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So teams with more members have a greater chance of taking the Team Championship. Thats why R2P only allowed 2-car teams.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rob Milliken

From my experience they allowed more that 2 team members per event but then thay only used top 2 scores from thoes teams .. That's what I remember ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

We do not want to confuse people here the more drivers you have competing the more chance you have of winning the championship.

Going the way it was in the beginning not my choice any sign up was restricted to 2 team members we do not want that we want as many members to sign up for any series as possible, It is down to the team owner to get as many drivers registered in any event as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Thanks Nigel ! The more the merrier !!! ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm assuming we are racing with the later version of the mod? The 2013 cars?

I own both the '12 and '13 cars so just checking before I start making mileage :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

We have left it open to both ! But im also in the 2013 class!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Guys here is a practice v-mod for round 1 ! drop it in the packages folder & install threw the launcher !
    vmods are way less demanding on your system compared to "all cars & tracks" and make it real easy to fire up the game and go practice without having to set everything up ..! you will want to set up laps/time of day ectt..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

Thank you Rob ;)

16. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Is there a way to see who and how many drivers have registered for the series?

17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Where you sign up for the championships Larry HERE

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Like Nigel says go to the championships page ,find the event in the list , click on it ,then click on 1st event round 1 to see who's signed up so far !
    Desktop 08.15.2017 - 16.50.22.03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

Do we have any drivers that would like to paint some of the cars ?? I would be cool to have some new dx11 skins ! we don't NEED them but we WANT them ! :D
    Any talented members that are interested in doing up some skins for the champ here are the template's !

URD T5 v1.2 Templates

20. Alessio Spinelli

Alessio Spinelli Pro Driver

Sorry, I don't understood a thing, is it possible to partecipate at this champ with an own personal team a liveries?