rFactor 1 General Discussion

Discussion in 'rFactor 1 General Discussion' started by Sim Racing Online, May 31, 2015.

1. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I will provide one...

2. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

3. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

LMPC championship to be posted within a few days.

Races will be Monday nights.

5. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

The poll I posted here wasn't conclusive to say the least...
    But We did a poll in the league that I race on... and the most popular mod for rfactor1 (by far) came out to be the WES by simtek mod and the most popular cars are the GTE's one.

So In case your LMPC championship doesn't attract enough driver maybe consider a safer bet.

Ps: rfactor2 and AC seems to do ok... so maybe people here are not interested in rf1 anymore... in constrast of were I race other than here.

6. Nigel Middleton

There are a lot that have rf1 but if they want to race is another thing, big problem is hitting the right format.

All we can do is keep putting series up unless we get enough members want a particular mod for a series then we will do that.

WES is not bad only problem the Toyota is way to fuel hungry alright if you are only doing a 45 minute race any longer not worth using but I agree not a bad mod.

7. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Yep...Not sure either but when we hit the right format... I'll try to be there :D.

I'm still hopefull for the DRM championship... but losing John is a big hit.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  8. Nigel Middleton

rFactor 1 club races are making a come back, From Mid August, For obvious reasons there will be no points as they will be one off single races but they will effect your driver rank.

9. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

i would like to know your opinion on this:

Is worth a buy Rfactor 1 these days, i am new in simracing and i have the best 2 combo simracing titles: AMS and rf2...BUT do you recomend me to buy RF1?

i have seen u have so many racers in ur championship grids...more than in ams and rf2? Why?

i read everywhere that physics and graphics are way better in the latter games than in rf1....why then buy it or race with it?

Thank you !

PD: may be this black friday could purchase it....if u convince me :D

10. Nigel Middleton

rfactor1 is still a popular sim even though it is old, It still has a lot of followers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It also has a massive amount of FREE tracks and car mods available which have been developed over the last 12 years, so there is far more than the newer sims. Another big reason that we still use it and many guys like it too, is that it can be used on older specification PC's, whereas the newer sims require more modern and costly hardware or upgrades, to get decent GFX results.

Yes it is a generation or two behind the new sims which use the latest physics engines and tyre models, but it still gives great racing whatever your view might be on it. AMS is built on the original rF engine and I consider it to be rF1.5 :) in the way it looks and performs, but it is very limited in track/car mods by comparison with rF/rF2.

The races this week for rF F278 & BMW E90 prove there is still a big enough following here at SRO to continue running races for it, without it interfering with the newer sim events we are also hosting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Daniel Escudero

ohh yeah good argumentation, i will look for a drop in price this blacky friday, cuz it hurts my soul to pay almost the same than rf2...hahaha
    Thanks. cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Escudero

GUYS i have an important new !: i have 2 new sons: GSCE and RFactor 1 , hahaha. I only have to improve my racing skills :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

hopefully I did my last re-install (ssd kept getting lost to bios after a system hang/ hard reboot).
    But I see imagespace now directs to steam so i'm looking for a full version download for rfactor1... and which version is used 1255F or G ?

15. Ken Jagger

So it sounds like you don't have a CD version, so was it the Trymedia DL version?
    EDIT Something like this might be your best bet:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/R-Factor-for-PC/152493375534?hash=item238150402e:g:DnoAAOSwxEpYxKxu

16. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  17. Ege Cagdas Aladag

Ege Cagdas Aladag Pro Driver

I see, thanks. And is there a chance for there to be a more modern-era series for rFactor 1? Like maybe the Megane Eurocup 2005(not really new) or a GT race for example?

18. Ken Jagger

We have run rFactor series in the past for modern cars, so yes it is quite possible we will run some more in future, assuming we continue to get a decent level of member support for this older racing sim.

• Like Like x 1