rFactor 2 rFactor 2 F1 1979 Round 5 Spa 88 Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 28, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Post all your race reports / video's and screens here please.

2. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Well when the guy you held off for the first lap because you knew he was doing a drive thru, then overtakes you by taking that drive thru, then you know it is not your night.

Don't blame Sergio for this but it needs to be looked at for future as clearly in this circumstance was actually a bonus, not a penalty.

Going not to badly until I ran just enough wide to catch the grass and total the car on the way up to the bus stop, but I am clearly not destined to do well in these.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Yet another enjoyable event. Qualified in 4th, only a tenth off my pb so pretty chuffed with that effort.

From the single file start Marcos overtook me and we touched coming out of T1 so not sure what was going on thereo_O. So ...I was busy checking my hud for any damage, then concentrated on getting my brakes up to and maintaining temps meanwhile, after the proper start at the exit of Eau Rouge I realised I was actually in front of Paulo who qualified in 3rd spot. I felt it was way to dangerous for me (and others) if I slowed up at the exit of Eau Rouge as peeps would be flooring it there so I waited until Rivage to yield the position back to Paulo. Settled in behind Paulo for a few laps whilst keeping a watchful eye on Michal who was +- 1sec behind me. I was gradually closing in little by little to Paulo and before long found myself in a position to start putting a bit of pressure on but I came unstuck when Paulo lost it at Rivage and I collected him, picking up damage in the processs & giving a freebie to Michal;). My car was not a handful but it was more than enough to affect my lap times, was considering pitting at this point but decided to soldier on only to bin it big time at Blanchimont...pitted right after that. This is where the real fight started with Paulo, eventually he got past but I was able to stay within striking distance, shoving my nose in his face on a few occasions:D, getting in his mirrors trying (within reason) to get on his case..haha, this seemed to go on for an eternity, lap after lap until the penultimate lap when Paulo lost it again at his favourite corner, Rivage:eek:, this time I avoided collecting him and was able to keep the 4th spot. Have to say to Paulo even if I had finished behind you the fact that it was a wonderful fair scrap made it for me, really appreciate that.

Fed up of congratulating Dino but hey:)...outstanding is all I can say. Many thanks to the lapped traffic for making things easy for me to get through with the minimal amount of time lost.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 3
  4. John vd Geest

Jose Casanovas under investigation
    1. For overtaking in the safe zone and causing a collision with a other driver in the safe zone before turn 1.
    2. For not taking his drive-through penalty

Marcos Junior under investigation for overtaking in the safe zone.

5. John vd Geest

I agree that it's not in the spirit of good sportsmanship if you turn your drive-through into a opportunity to pass for position. I did not anticipate that you could do that.
    On any other track that trick would not work. But with the 400 km/h speedlimit and the earlier turn one in pit, it actually benifited him. Sorry Nick, S. Casanovas just found a loophole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Fair enough, but I am sure in the spirit of fair racing he would be happy to take the penalty next time out ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Jose Casanovas has recieved a ban from all other races in the F1 1979 series.

SRO Admin issues the ban for the following:
    1. Not performing drive thru penalty at Spa
    2. Multiple violations of Esc during Qualify rule
    3. Causing an accident on Lap 1 at Kyalami
    4. Causing an accident on lap 1 at Silverstone
    5. Overtaking in the Safe Zone and causing a collision with B. Erickson at Spa.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  8. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Yeah!! Not my best race... did lots of mistakes!
    Part from that, i had a AWESOME time with Bret (and some with Sérgio, near the end)! GREAT STUFF!!
    We had fun, didn't we?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sergio Casanovas

Sergio Casanovas Pro Driver Donator

GR good fun driving with u all, Nick when I finish my super fast drive throu I dint knew I was in front of u, my surprise too!. I thoutgh i lost a position and then realize I was 6th. lol. I was arround the top 5 all the race but, a litle tuch with Paulo fast section, made me thing about... when going 4th adn I decide to wait him just in case, was my foult, so after waiting him, he and Bret pass me..., lol. Well done!.
    See u next one!
    thnx

10. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Now I see! At that point I was so in the middle of a long fight with Bret, I thought you were having problems!
    I should had given you your place back, I'm sorry

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Indeed we did, yeah, things really spiced up for a lap or so when Sergio got involved in the fight. Once again, good stuff and very enjoyable.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sergio Casanovas

Sergio Casanovas Pro Driver Donator

Nooo I was waiting bcouse of the tuch we had in our figth bfore Paulo, batling for 4th. Overall excelent driving time here. THNX.

• Like Like x 1