rFactor 2 rFactor 2 F1 1979 Round 6 Rouen Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 11, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Post all your race reviews, comments, pictures and video's here please.

2. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Only got one semi decent lap in qualifying...then crashed, escaped & that was that.:rolleyes:

Before this event began I was extremely concerned about the consequences of getting stuck on the kerbs and or the invisible barriers if you get on the grass.

Got off to a decent rolling start after the hairpin, wasn't long before Nick slipstreamed past. On lap 4 I fluffed the penultimate right hander on exit...span to the right side and lost a load of time trying to get back onto the black stuff, relieved that I managed to get back on track so knuckled down and started to chase down John who was a good 22 seconds up the road, plenty of time left, I knew my pace was fairly good but not too confident of catching him however, after a few more laps I saw the gap gradually coming down. Gained a couple of more spots through other drivers misfortunes then with about 3 laps to go I caught John and got through at the penultimate right hander. All in all, very happy to finish 4th. Great drive by Luis...congrats man, and also congrats to Paulo & Michal for their hard fought podium. Not sure what happened to Dino though, disconnect maybe?

The safe zone start procedure works very well imo...good decision by the admin(s) to institute this.:)

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

... short Friday tests were promising
    ... I could not train on Saturday and Sunday

Two hours before the race I turned on the computer to start the preparations, but after just two laps my steering wheel broke down. All attempts to resurrect have failed, today I will check it again, but I will probably send it for repair.
    Luckily, my old DFGT was waiting for the opportunity to return to the desk. Installation, configuration and already 30 minutes before qualifying I was "ready"

In this situation, I had only one goal - to get to the finish line. There was no question about racing.

Qualifications: P5 (happy)
    Race: P3 (misfortune of others)

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Dino blew his engine on lap 32.

5. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Agreed. The race starts were much safer.

One suggestion (though not sure if you guys have tried it). Maybe having a manual single file rolling start would feel a little more realistic than having a safe zone to start with. Basically no formation lap, first lap will be the warm up lap with speed limited to around 120-150 kph. The race leader can begin accelerating after the last corner leading to the start finish straight and no overtaking until crossing the start line.

6. John vd Geest

That is a good idea, but I don't want to keep changing things as we are used to the safe zone now. There are only 2 races to go, so let's keep it like that for now.

7. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Good race!
    4th in qualification, behind Toni and the usual suspects ;)
    During race, I was keeping my 4th place while watching a cool fight between Toni and Dino.
    Toni lost it at the hair pin, went to 3rd just behind Dino.
    I knew my car was lighter, as the Renault needs more fuel. Still i could not get near Dino and my tyres where taking a beat...
    Opted to keep a steady pace controlling my distance to Mazurek... which I did untill the end
    Finished 2nd after Dino lost his engine...

Couldn't ask for a better result, but I have more fun when I have someone to "fight" with the entire race (just like I did with Bret and Sérgio at Spa)

Cya all next one!

BTW
    @John
    Are there any plans to a second season? Diferent mod (maybe)?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. John vd Geest

Here is the video review of Rouen round 6. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. John vd Geest

I would like to do rFactor 2 F1 1975, witch is also very good on driving, but as of now it has a bug where you can't see the steeringwheel.
    But I'm keeping an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

No steering wheel? Really..
    Well, i run with it off.. but i'll check!

BTW
    Saw the video.
    Dino was with fresh tires, and I was struggling, at that time, with mine. Since he pited he was gainning 2/3secs a lap on me.
    On top of that I had very low wings, and that was my slower part of the track..
    It was inevitable :)

11. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I have a virtual steering wheel off
    That's enough for me on the desk

I do not see a problem

literally and figuratively

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Well, if that's the case, we can start up the planning for a new series rF2 F1 1975 :).

What would you guys think about raising the contribution fee to € 10,- ?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  13. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I would go with the 5e entry fee, and two series.. The F1 1975 (every 15 days) and something newer like Formula Renault 3.5 (every other 15 day).
    Drivers would have something to choose from (and the FR 3.5 is clearly one of the best OW mod available in any sim)... or, if they like, join both.

Entry fees, in my opinion, shouldn't be too high..
    Drivers could avoid the series

My 2cents

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

John, thanks for the race review! Always enjoy them and thankful for your contribution to this site. I want the standing start so I hope we get back to that soon. Although the race was lonely for me I enjoyed the track challenge combined with manual clutch and left hand sequential shifting kept my mind in overdrive. And then I almost ran out of fuel. Rob was catching up quickly as I was doing a lot of coasting. Good finish for team Lotus. I will need more power for the next race. Can't wait. See ya then.

• Like Like x 1