rFactor 2 rFactor 2 F1 1979 Round 8 Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 11, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Post all your race reports / video's and screens here please.

2. John vd Geest

What a shame. I had a 20 sec. lead over position 2 and then it was time to pit for tires ...
    I had the win in the bag and was just controling the gap. I had practised the laps, but not the pitstop ... so ... I didn't know where the pitlane speedlimit line was.

1st pitstop ... pitlane speeding ... 10 sec. stop & go
    2 stop ... again overshot ... drivethrough penalty
    3 stop ... so, now the stewards changed the penalty and I stopped in my box and it just changed tires
    4 stop ... finally did a clean drivethrough and was in P7 and 1 minute behind everyone.

The sad thing is that I am going to give my prize money to SRO as sponsormoney and I wanted to give as much as possible, and it was looking so good :(

Fubar !!

3. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Well, as expected, this race proved to be tough.

Qualfying position was far more important here because of obvious reasons, I ended
    up in P3 on the grid, was very content with that especially with John on the pole with
    whom I was competing with for 4th in the championship.

After the safety zone start all was ok for about 5 laps, John, Michal, myself & then Dino,
    as true as nuts I throw the car away on the exit of T6 but at least did not hit anyone or anything else.
    Got going again but was down to P7 if I remember correctly...cursing myself..Lol.

Took a few laps to get settled again, decided to resist the natural temptation to push,
    and that paid off as I strongly suspected that peeps would be either crashing
    or at the very least spinning off as that is the general nature of this track. Pitted around lap
    23, shortly afterwards was really surprised that John was only a couple of seconds up the road from me,
    then next lap John went for the pits again which gifted me a spot.

Ended up chasing & closing in on Paulo who was at the time in 4th until he had an off and that was me
    pretty much firmly in 3rd where I took the car home.

Really bad luck for John here as his pace showed that he was well in control of the race until that
    unfortunate pit lane penalty.:(

Super effort from Michal, great pace, so congrats to you, likewise, to Dino who secured the
    title.

Many thanks to all driver for a great competitive spirit.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

Here is the final video review of the series;
    Final standings will be anounced wednesday in case someone makes a protest today.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Should have practiced and make a set flr rhis. Track surface was demanding for chassis and my balance was f**** up.
    In short.. my suspension wasnt enuf and had to balance rear with brakes in every corner or rear end would have snapped.
    And ad final littke twist fps was too low.
    But finished finally

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Couldn't practice for this race... setup was terrible, making it until the end was a miracle!
    Congrats to all!
    Let's do it again :)

• Like Like x 1