rFactor 2 rFactor2 General Discussion

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Sim Racing Online, May 31, 2015.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Putnam Park, USA - v1.10 (updated : 02/07/2017) DX11

• Updated with kind permission of Feels3.

Big thanks to Feels3 for this great track.

Changelog : 02/07/2017 - V1.1
        - Replaced Static flags with animated ones.
        - Add some crowd
        - Add some flash for the photographer
        - Various gdb
        - Fix the transparency tree
        - Fix some Shadows
        - Updated DX11
    DOWNLOAD

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Anyone wondering about DX11 content for rf2 here is the latest list

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

S397 has released the McLaren 650 ! Payed DLC! They are offering A 4 pack of cars at a discount or the single car .. it was an instabuy for me , I bought the 4 pack of cars with the other 3 comming in September , I just want to support them in there rejuvenation of rF2 !
    For anyone who also bought the mod i have a server up server name: FKR@SRO test
    No pw! Its up until i get off work tonight so at least for the next 8 hrs! Enjoy!

4. Rob Milliken

Some more good tracks updated to DX11 !

First is one of my fave's Phillip Isl originally done by R1CHO & updated to DX11 with other fix's by Obbzy_XR_
    DOWNLOAD

PHILLIPISLAND_2013_LOADING.jpg

Also out today in DX11 is Dubai Autodrome v1.2 ! Find this gem in STEAM and subscribe !
    STEAM PAGE

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

I also have found an updated Bathurst 2016 , we do already have bathurst 2014 3pa from ISI in DX11.
    This is a newer 2016 version in DX11 ! (not on steam)
    DOWNLOAD

Thanks to Ze for this one !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Tracks are in downloads.

7. Rob Milliken

Another Gem updated to DX11. Poznan
    The is one of Feels3's great tracks ,it was the skills he showed building this & croft that landed him the position of building tracks for sector3 games !
    DOWNLOAD (not on steam)

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I updated to DX11 early last week and thought all was ok until I got to Melbourne yesterday and had a strange problem with the track display. Lots of objects were overly bright, almost like spotlights. Also this changed depending on the driving view I tried e.g. cockpit or hood/bonnet. I've put up a selection of screenshots at STEAM illustrating this and hope somebody might have a clue as to why its showing like this. I had to go back to DX9 for the race, which displays without any problems.

Could it be because the track is DX9? I'd be interested if someone else can try it and see what results they get. I'm using a GTX770.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103444459

9. Rob Milliken

Yes this is what happens with DX9 content when played on DX11- It was all explained in the beginning ,the shaders need to be updated !
    but all DX11 content will look fine in DX9 . Melbourne is not yet DX11 ready ..
    They are winding down the DX11 beta ,its about to go full release with the new UI but it will still be some time ..
    Once the WFG comes to an end expect another update or 2 before its out of beta ..:)

Every weekend a few more tracks get updated !
    I was happy to see the 3 new DX11 entry's this weekend ! 3 of Feels3 tracks are DX11 rdy now !:)

10. Ken Jagger

Thanks for clearing that up Rob, but any idea why it should be different depending on the driving view used?

11. Rob Milliken

Not sure, but if your using a DX9 track with a DX11 install the lighting shaders will be all messed up so maybe changing the view allows different lighting effects so its effected differently .. like when the sun comes across the dashboard it might turn into a glowing acid trip ..!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

New rain effects coming in the next update ! Plus Bentley confirmed as 2nd car in the 4 pack GT3 DLC 21751593_1609761132408126_8586522049457872161_n.jpg

13. Ken Jagger

14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mine has been updated :)

15. Rob Milliken

Yes my stuff all auto updates to ,its just to easy not to :) !! however it's NOT the URD it's Simtec's mod .. its allot better then there first release that was kind of off when compared to URD & Apex But its a very nice mod ! I think he addressed most of the stuff the GT3 fan boys had complained about !

16. Ken Jagger

Good spot on the Simtec vs URD mod Rob :oops:, it proves to me that some guys are awake when reading these posts :D
    However in my defence, there is some URD stuff in the mod :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Funny you say that wonder what he did for simtec .. His (Alec from URD) work is all over PC2 as well ... hes is even named as one of the AI drivers in PC2 ,

18. Ken Jagger

Quote from Simtec "Thanks to URD (Aless) to give me permission to use some 3d parts and sounds!!!

19. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Slowly becoming a fan of RF2, only I really need some apps for it. Things i'm using in AC but don't know how to install in RF2. Looking for something like Helicorsa, a tyre app and a live timer

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver