rFactor 2 rFactor2 General Discussion

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Sim Racing Online, May 31, 2015.

1. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I use gid and delta time

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Take note that existing rF2 apps (plugins) only work if you are running it in DX9. They do not work with DX11.

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

That explains why I can't seem to get any to work. Not good :(

4. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 2
  5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So we were back at testing the BTCC mod tonight and the person who is creating it was online. Subaru and Astra are ready. Merc is next.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Are you talking about this one Roy -
    BTCC NGTC
    The BTCC NGTC mod is brought to you by the Next Gen Mod Team.

I just got it off of the 'new release' list on STEAM ..

Once the new UI comes out (soon) the DX9 build will no longer be supported ..
    They do have some tricks up there sleeves regarding what one would call apps built in so until then I don't expect any 3rd party apps to be updated or even created ..
    I don't really use any apps anyway in rf2 with the exception of wedge hud (that does work with DX11) so I never missed them in DX11 ..

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@ Rob, that's exactly the one. You only get 4 cars (for now) Like I said, Subaru and Astra to follow. Merc is in the works.

And I do miss a few apps i'm used to using in AC like Helicorsa and the Tyre app

8. Rob Milliken

Have you tried rf2's tire display ? It's in the MFD .... cycle items in the group by mapping the MFD display to a button ...

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Still an RF2 noob, so don't know what you are on about :confused:

10. Rob Milliken

No worries when i get home from work i will explain!
    Rf2 has multiple mfd screens that show all kinds of info .. and also adjustable pit menu stuff that you need to map to take advantage of ! :)

11. Rob Milliken

Roy check this out ,
    in options go to controls , open DISPLAY & assign 5 keys to these , I use my G27 wheel buttons .

LCD Mode: this turns the pages of the MFD ..cycle threw Tire ware , race positions/timings, Pit stop menu + more ..
    use the up/down in the pit MFD to navigate threw the pit selection menu.
    use the increase/decrease to adjust your menu selections like add gas ,lower air on right front etc..

the rf2 tire display is pretty cool .. there are some hidden gems in the key commands menu you just have to look around ..

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.26 - 23.41.59.14.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Hey the enduracers stand alone Flat6 mod has been updated to 4.0 last month .. DX11 & new rain effects .. will this be used in the Flat6/groupe C mod multi class series ;-)?

Flat6 Series rF2 build 4.00

CHANGELOG - build 4.00
    * GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
    * GRAPHICS : Updated headlights rendering.
    * GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
    * GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
    * GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
    * GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
    * PHYSICS : Integration of CPM tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
    * PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
    * PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjsuted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
    * PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustements.
    * PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
    * PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
    * PHYSICS : Antirolbars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
    * PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in game to adjust if needed).
    * PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
    * PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
    * PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
    * PHYSICS : Upgrade autoblip removed (the real car don't have autoblip).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can you combine dx9 and dx11 car mods in the same event? Also keep in mind we can only run one version of flat6. Otherwise we end up with two sets of stats for the same car.

14. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I bet you can't...

15. Rob Milliken

Last night I built a vmod with the stand alone Flat6 4.0 & GroupC mod and it all seemed to run fine ;-)

16. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

two mods, one dx11 and the other dx9? ... the dx11 will run as a dx9, can't be the other way arround (i think, never tried)

17. Ken Jagger

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I already have the GT3 pack (which I definitely recommend), so I'll probably buy the Formula E pack :cool:
    The endurance pack, for now, only if SRO starts a series with it :D:p

19. Ken Jagger

Strangely enough :rolleyes: we re already looking at a series for this new Endurance pack, probably starting in September :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Kind of an unrelated question/issue I am experiencing, but since there is a lot of activity in this thread I figured it would be a good place to post it.

For a couple months now I have been having a strange graphical issue with rF2. Whenever I try to look behind it will show the proper rear bumper cam for a split second, then it will show the inside of the car instead and i cannot see what is happening with the cars behind me. It seems to be random, as sometimes it will work properly but most of the tine I have this issue.

I have looked endlessly online for people with the same issue and have come up empty handed every time. If anyone has any suggestions for correcting this it would be greatly appreciated.