rFactor 2 rFactor2 General Discussion

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Sim Racing Online, May 31, 2015.

1. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

in the files, i think there is somewhere that says "self in rear-view" if this is set to 0, then you wont see this problem. As far as I can remember, but Im not 100% sure. Should be in the player.json file somewhere.

If you are running virtual mirrors, turn them off first, and see if the problem persists. Sometimes it doesnt let you see behind by looking back if you have all the mirrors up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Thank you! I will have a look around through that file later when I get home. I do not use the virtual mirrors at all in an effort to keep FPS as high as possible. My old R9 290 struggles sometimes with mirrors, shadows and reflections.

3. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

@Joseph Wright I managed to find that line in the player json file and it was already set as nothing which the description shows is how I want it, I believe. I did change a couple other things which may have been a determining factor. About to try it out and hopefully it will correct this rather annoying issue.

Another question. If I delete my player.json file will the game generate a new one upon launching, or will it break anything? Im thinking maybe a fresh file will resolve the issue if I cant get it sorted out.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You will have to create a new in-game profile when restarting the sim if you delete that file.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I did try deleting that file and it caused a lot of issues so I restored it.

Good news is I did have the issue corrected for a little while and the rear view camera was working as it should. Just booted up again and now it's acting up like before. I tried adding a 0 to the "self in rearview" line instead of just leaving it blank. I really hope I can get this annoying problem taken care of for good.

6. Ken Jagger

What mod and car does this happen with? Have you tried another car to see if it's the same?

7. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Honestly, the only car Ive really been in the past couple months is the GTE Porsche. I do remember it happening when I was in the LMP2 testing it out. It seems to happen more when in a MP lobby though. No matter what I do I cannot manage to make it stop. Sometimes its instant and I get no actual rear view, other times I get a second or two of rear view before it cuts to inside the car.

8. Ken Jagger

EXACTLY which mod and which car/s have you seen this with? What screen setup and resolution are you using?

9. Ken Jagger

Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)
    Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

This will allow you to see the car in the rearview however it will not do anything in most mods as most cockpits dont actually draw the entire car only the front half. In order for the car to be visible the car mod cockpit view must have the entire car rendered when in cockpit.

10. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I dont have any car mods. Basically the only car I have used is the GTE Porsche from the endurance pack. Its happened at Spa, Le Mans, Silverstone, Mosport/CTMP, Nola, Hockenheim, Nurburgring GP and many other tracks.

I cant remember if it happened in the Corvette or BMW from the endurance pack. I will have to mess with other cars and see if it happens there too. I checked that line in the player.json file and there was nothing there except "" so I placed a 0 there instead and it was still happening.

11. Ken Jagger

That's the mod and car details I was after :) I'll see if I get the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Let me know if you can replicate it please. As I mentioned, I notice it happens more frequently in MP lobbies when there are AI as well as human opponents. When I was testing in SP with AI it was working properly for the most part and only acted up once or twice for a split second.

13. Ken Jagger

You haven't answered this question?
    Also what FOV, HUD or any other display options have you changed from default if any?

14. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Just a wild stab here.
    Have you got any applications left over from the DX9 days? Real Head Motion for example?

15. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Sorry, busy day at work here. I use a 46" Samsung TV at 60hz and 1920x1080. My FOV is default, never changed it. Ive used the default HUD, as well as a pck off the workshop and just last night switched to SimHub, all having the same issue. I run in windowed and have Vsync set to GPU. No other display options in game changed as far as I can remember.

I never played rF2 during the DX9 days. I only bought it like 2 months ago, so I doubt that would be the cause.

16. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Hi everyone!
    I need help, rf2 is not working after the dx11 update when the track loading ready.
    With dx9 it worked. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error. All cars all mods.
    Win7, Geforce gt710 (old i know, but it worked up to now).
    Thank you! :)

17. Ken Jagger

Have you updated the drivers lately?

18. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Yes. No change.

19. Ken Jagger

Have you tried switching back to DX9? Does it work when you do?

20. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Yes, i have. It works.