rFactor 2 rFactor2 General Discussion

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Sim Racing Online, May 31, 2015.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So I've just had a mega 16GB+ rF2 update when I started, with lots of tracks and mods being updated/installed(?)
    The only thing I did a couple of hours ago is install STEAM & rF2 on a new laptop using the same STEAM account, but I can't imagine that would've affected my rF2/Workshop subscriptions on the existing PC :confused:
    Anybody else had these updates?

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

No not had them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Me neither. Nothing, just some workshop updates.

4. Ken Jagger

For quite some time now I've had an annoying Gfx problem with rF2 which has been evident when using my last 3 PC's equipped with nVidia cards, the latest a 2070. Nothing I've tried using nVidia Inspector, driver settings or in-game settings has ever fixed it. Basically it shows as a distance related, stepped reduction in Gfx display, almost as if the screen is being rendered in 3 sections from bottom to top. It shows up as if the further you look ahead, the sharpness decreases, a bit like a LOD reduction or mip-mapping issue.

It's show up particularly clearly when driving on city tracks, or as in this example at the Indy Oval. The point where the sharpness changes, indicated by the two arrows, displays as moving areas of shading differences both with the fencing shadows and on the wall, although that its not showing as clearly in this still shot.

Do any of you PC guru's out there have any ideas about fixing it?

rF2 GFX Issue.jpg

5. Ken Jagger

A short video showing what I've tried to explain. On the back straight you can more easily see the shading on the wall and on the front straight the shadows from the catch-fencing. It shows more clearly if you run it full-screen.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/upseqdgzosnew0a/rFactor_2020.04.24_-_20.50.38.01.mp4/file

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  6. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

That's just an ISI/rfactor thing, something to do with the graphics engine and how it renders the track. I remember it being there since GTR, and no settings can get rid of it from my own experience (i've only had nvidia cars, never had AMD cards so don't know if it's related to how nvidia drivers render the track vs AMD)...

7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yup been there forever for me as well , I think its like a LOD performance rendering thing with GMotor2 ..
    It reminds me of Gumby's train lol ..

8. Ken Jagger

Thanks Jerry/Rob it's at least comforting to know that I'm not alone in seeing this. I wonder if it's affected by GFX settings as I've asked other specific guys and they have said they don't have it, so maybe they use different filtering or whatever? But having said that, I've also seen plenty of high-res replay videos posted around the community which don't seem to show it either :confused:.

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I found these links in a RD post. Two UI mods. I didn't tried them yet but looks very promising to me
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/nextgenui-alpha-0-3.69704/,
    v0.2 Changelog
    • Exit button in tob bar on all screens
    • Changed Single Player box on race screen (width, car thumbnail, background)
    • Changed horizontal elements hover background color
    • Light background on car selection screen under car icon
    • Favorite servers area height fix (no scroll when less than 4 servers)
    • Changed multiplayer “more” button to “more servers”
    • Added UI version on the bottom of start screen
    • Changed layout of race screen (prepared for chat window under camera section)
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/better-ui.68373/
    Features / bug fixes:
    • fix too big tiles on garage screen
    • add left and right arrow navigation to the main screen
    • fix z-index issue with "exit game" button
    • add left and right arrow navigation to the race screen
    • add left and right arrow navigation to the garage screen
    • highlight selected opponent filter
    • add permanent chat window below camera view
    • highlight current track in setup popup
    • disable opacity change animation
    • remember selected multiplayer server filters
    • add countdown timer to lap limited multiplayer race events
    • exit button in navbar

10. Rob Milliken

So I'm helping Dan Houk with his rf2 install, (he's a neighbor);)I have been helping him all along with PC gaming & talked him into racing some 10 years ago with rf1. hes not into computers but loves to race so I'm his PC tec support/fixer/game installer .. lol

Today I put the DTM91 mod on for him & found I cannot change his video rez ? Im getting an error when I launch the rF cnfig from the bin64 folder I can't remember the error now that I'm back home but the game is not letting me change any of his vid settings .. He has a 1080 & plays ACC fine but rf2 is stuck in lo rez with no aa or anything selected in the in-game menus.
    I can change the stuff in the rF cnfig but as soon as I close it out it defaults back to 780X & no aa or anything ??? wtf ?? Any Ideas?
    Thx .

11. Rob Milliken

So I finally found out that you need to start the game through STEAM to adjust the vid settings :oops::eek:open steam find rf2, hit play, tic configure graphics .. :cool:
    It's all sorted now:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Hello guys! I recently installed rf2 but I can't properly set up the ffb of my Thrustmaster T150. In all the other sims I have the steering wheel runs very smooth and I can't get it set up that way on rf2. It is very jerky and stuttering feeling. Does anyone of you have a T150 and knows how to set it up properly?

13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

more ffb smoothing or something.. didnt find anything on google?

14. Rob Milliken

If your new to rF2 try turning down the FFB multiplier & adding smoothing, find under settings.
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2022.04.02 - 13.43.32.53.jpg

15. Larry Thomas

As Toni and Rob said.
    The first thing to do is adjust the "Car specific multiplier". 100% will be far too high for a Thrustmaster. Try starting low, around 60%, and then work up. Also, with rF2 every car will have its own multiplier. To fine tune this setting, you need to install MoTec.
    Then try smoothing starting at 1. The smoothing will numb the FFB so do not put higher than really necessary.

16. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Thanks for the help guys!
    It's gotten better, but not quite like I wanted it to be or like it's in AC yet. I set the damping to 0 in the Thrustmaster control menu. Then in rf2 the multiplier to 35% and the smoothing to 2. Now I have no more stuttering but the ffb is also not the best. I'll try these days how this settings will feel in a race distance. I guess the T150 is not the best wheel for rf2.

17. Ken Jagger

18. Larry Thomas

Anyone knows how to adjust the mirrors vertically? Thanks.

19. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 2
  20. Larry Thomas