Assetto Corsa Round 1|90 Minutes|Gilles Villenuve Canada|25-03-2017

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Online GT3 Series Closed' started by Sim Racing Online, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO GT3 League Gilles Villenuve Canada Flyer.png
    The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a motor racing circuit in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is the venue for the FIA Formula One Canadian Grand Prix. It has previously hosted the FIA World Sportscar Championship, the Champ Car World Series, the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, the NASCAR Xfinity Series and the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.

Originally named the Île Notre-Dame Circuit, the circuit was built and finished in 1978. In what has proven to be the venue's main event over the decades, the FIA Formula One Canadian Grand Prix had been part of the Formula One World Championship for 10 years, and it was previously held at Mosport Park near Toronto on 8 occasions and in 1968 and 1970, the Mont-Tremblant circuit in Quebec. With safety concerns with Mosport blighting the 1977 event, it was decided to move the race to the new circuit in Montreal. In 1982, it was renamed in honour of Canadian Formula One driver Gilles Villeneuve, father of Jacques Villeneuve, following his death earlier in the year.[5] The circuit is located in a part of the city of Montreal known as Parc Jean-Drapeau. The park is named after the mayor of Montreal who was responsible for the organization

Driver Aids: Automatic Clutch: Yes | Automatic Gears: No | Traction Control: Yes | Anti-Lock Braking: Yes | Stability Control: No | Spin Recovery: No | Steering Assist: No | Braking Assist: No | Car Damage: 20% | Tyre Wear: 100% | Fuel Usage: 100% Tyre Blankets: Yes | Driving View: Cockpit & TV Cockpit​

Every round Qualifying will be 20:00 BST

Server is Live.
    Server Name: SimRacingOnline GT3 Round 1
    SRO practise password in use until the morning of the race.​

You will need to be a Premium Licenced Driver to take part in this league. You can find out more HERE

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sim Racing Online

Drivers expected to be at round 1: @Nigel Middleton @carl middleton @Roger Hinds @Riley Sobush @Rob Milliken @Flaviu Bozga @Craig Cameron

If you cannot make this round then please PM my self and let me know before midnight Friday 24/03/17 or you could have a strike against your name.

Drivers Briefing:
    First rule of thumb is a good one. To finish first, First you have to finish. Please remember this guys. Its a 90 minute race so no need to be diving one up the inside into turn 1 on the first lap.

Turn 1/2
    This is a hard turn at the start of a race. We will all me doing a far bit of speed into there and as we know it can all go wrong fast. Slow down a little early and give yourself some room to move around if you end up needing it.

Turn 3
    This is the first of 4 chicanes around here. This is a mid speed chicane but can catch you out. If a driver is on the outside of you then you must give them room !!!Do not put each other into the wall!!!

Turn 5
    This can be a good place for a cheeky div if you have the speed. Watch out for the locked up brakes as you come into here, as once on the grass the wall will want to be your best friend and give you a big hug.

Turn 6
    Not to much in here just mind your self's on the curbs.

Turn 7
    The hairpin corner. This is one of the best place to gain a place its also where it can go wrong. Make sure to give each other room.

The last hurrah:
    This is the last chicane of the lap and the one with the world famous "Champions Wall" so please dont try and be a hero into here. Leave yourself racing room.

Mots of all drive safe and fun guys. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

were a bit low on numbers for 90 min race, would be great if more joined.

4. Sim Racing Online

Will be nice to have more sign up.

5. Sim Racing Online

Guys I forgot to give you the link to my skin. Please download it HERE thanks.

6. Sim Racing Online

Server is setup with the race day password. You can find the password HERE

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Nice close racing tonight for 90 minutes looking forward Algarve.

Grats on taking the win Wayne.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Congrats to everyone and thank you for this very well made track mod.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation Wayne for win. It was a good race. After I get the pole, I manage to f- - k up the start. An early gear change slowed me a lot. During the race made two mistakes. With Nigel chasing me was a little dangerous. Also I had two little game freezes. One almost take me out of race. Luckly was after hair pin not in the middle.
    Thank you Nigel for your careful driving around me in first lap. And also thank to Federico for his nice driving everytime we met on track.
    Congratulation to all for a good race.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sim Racing Online

Thanks guys ;)

Quly
    Decided to sit it out and try and wake myself up a bit for the race.

Race
    Started at the back and a had an awesome start and got up to 3rd by turn 1. Got a really good exit from turn 2 and just out dragged Flaviu into turn 3. After that I followed Roger for about half a lap and he ran a little wide so I was able to get the power down and pass just before the hairpin. I started to pull a little gap but then had a huge tank slapper going into turn 3 and damn near almost smashed into the wall. Roger was again right up my gearbox again so I just got my rhythm and pulled away. I got my lead up to 54 seconds and then my soft where gone and I know if I kept going for the last 28 minutes I would run the risk of binning it into a wall so I jumped into the pits knowing I should get back out into the lead but it all went wrong. I thought the game had messed up and not worked when I stopped. It turned out it was my fault as I had over shot my pit box so I went back in and stopped again. This time Flaviu had gone past into the lead and was 8 seconds up the road so with 18 minutes left I pushed like I have never pushed before and was taken 2 seconds a lap out out of him. Flavui then pitted 2 laps later and I could run my own pace again and take the win.

It was an awesome race and I loved every minute of it. Cant wait for round 2 when we all get to do it all again. Congratulations to all.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great race guys ! Well done Wayne on the victory and Grat's to team mate Falviu with 2nd!!

It was great seeing how the strategies played out , I started on the med's and just cruse'd it for the first 30 min preserving the tires as best I could ,the field was set by then and i could barely see Nigel up a head threw the T1 section trying to hold the gap as best i could! knowing Nigel was on soft's was key as I was hoping they would ware down enough to slow him down to my pace and sure enough after the 60min mark I began to catch him ! the fight would be for 4th until Roger had a spin and we all moved up a spot , now we had Roger in 5th on hards me in 4th on med's & Nigel in 3rd with worn soft's !

My tires were still in good shape and I could hold the gap to Roger giving & taking a few seconds lap by lap Then I caught Nigel in that BEAST Nison frankenstin monster ! haha with 15 min left I started to apply pressure where ever I could in the turns but on the strait that thing just had to much grunt for me to get by ! so I know I would have to pass him in the turns near sector 1 to try and get enough of a gap to hold him off on the last strait we had some epic driving side by side managing to give each other just enough room to race ;-) but i could mot get around that beast ! By now Roger has caught us as our pace was slower during the fighting and perhaps his Hard tire choice started to pay off ! I should have been more patient but with Roger right on my heels I really needed to get by Nigel This was for 3rd and the last podium spot with my team mate !

But it all went to hell in a hand bag when i saw a gap on the inside and got on the gas a millisecond to soon trying to make a move and lost the rear & spun into the wall ;-( I went for it and lost ..lol ...turns out Nigel needed gas as well so I at least got 4th back meanwhile Roger slid into 3rd !!

Wow what a race ! thanks to all and also thx Federico minding the blue flag ! ( im sure i will be returning the favor at some point)

looks like we have at least 2 more drivers now ! hope will can get a few more !

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rob Milliken

The battle for 3rd with 15 min to go !

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sim Racing Online

Rob do you have the full replay of the race? When I left the server last night my ac dumped me at the main ac screen so I could not save it :(

14. Rob Milliken

Im not sure .. but ill send what i have !

But i don't see in the reply menu to attach files anymore ?
    that menu is gone only the "watch thread" & "email repls" are available in the "more"options now ..

15. Sim Racing Online

Click on upload a file bud same as in the pm you sent :)

16. Rob Milliken

Thats just it ! that menu is not available in this thread ! there is no upload file button here like in the other message thread ..

17. Sim Racing Online

Try now bud.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Congratulation @Rob Milliken.
    I didn't know what you do until I saw the standings.
    Great job. GO FKR !!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Flaviu Bozga

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1