Assetto Corsa Round 1 Albert Park

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 8C GT3 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

i changed my name yesterday, on the track we seen my full name. But on the hotlaps still show my nick.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race day PW has been set & servers in Race mode !
    Find the Info in the Championships forums ..
    Current temp = Air 25/26c track 31/32c

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not going to make round 1 have fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ken reminded me about the required pt tracker app that detects cuts ( and seems to wait to see if time is gained before a penalty is given?)
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/ac-ptracker-3-4-0.349/
    that may be why a few guys that were on the server weren't maked as 'valid' (?)
    @Ed Jones , Barrett, JvD, John Lock

Also it seems that app keeps running after I shut down AC, and I cant restart AC later untill I close the app in task mngr..any Idea why?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS ENTERED IN THIS RACE
    It is a mandatory requirement that you install this App into Assetto Corsa for any AC races run at Simracingonline

6. Ken Jagger

Scott I'm not aware that we have encountered a problem with this App not closing with AC. At least it has not been reported to us that I know of.

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Installed it now. Didn't know :)

8. Sandor Csiha

Sandor Csiha Pro Driver

Hi Guys

When changed the race time? All week long was GMT 18:00, and i was made of this time, now i'm see you started the before it a hour ago, from the BST...I'm disappointed for this, i would liked to race, with you.....

9. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

Guys, that was not correct!
    We practice a lot to your race , and you are changed the starting time ?
    We seen earlier race start GMT 18:00
    And now? Changed BST, with no info on forum or mail or something.
    We wanted to race here but now we leave . Why did you change the times??
    This is bs.

10. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

oh I see time penalties if you go to live timing/ ac server 1 session/ then click on the race

11. Nigel Middleton

24th March uk time reverts to BST
    28th October uk clocks go back 1 hour to GMT.

12. Nigel Middleton

We did not change the race time our clocks went forward 1 hour which is BST (british summer time)

13. John vd Geest

Come on Zoltan, this message was posted everywhere on the site for days now, homepage, championship page, event page ... You really should have noticed.
    It's standard on top of the site everywhere. Do you really think it's fair to be mad?

All event are now BST time so adjust your local time accordingly.

14. Ken Jagger

Only if you have registered with Liveracers I think (?)

EDIT Forget what I said, I see what you were referring to now Scott :)

15. Ken Jagger

In hindsight let me apologise to you Zoltan & Sandor. As I am the series Host I should have made it clearer what the implications of the Summer Time changes in Europe this weekend would mean for this series. It's easy for us to assume that everyone who has been simracing on long-running websites before and have International members from around the world, would've understood that the race start time of 18:00 is the ACTUAL time in the UK, whether winter or summer, irrespective of clock changes.

I would very much like to see you participate with us in this series and look forward to seeing you on track at the next round.

16. John vd Geest

Qual;
    I thought I had the pole and came in early, but then Ken Jagger pulled a great lap from somewhere and I started second.

Race;
    Starting the race, Ken was pulling away a bit as I still was calibrating into the race and letting everything warm up. Came under attack from third place, but luckely held my position.
    When I felt relaxed with the car, it was time to knock on the backdoor of my good friend Ken. He was going like the wind, so only in the second part of the race I found a change to try a pass on him, but he was still too fast and late on the brakes to make it work. When I finally did pass him, I went off the track the next lap and was second again.

There wasn't much time left, so I decided to push really hard now. Ken left a little gap and squeezed past.
    Have to say, outstanding speed from Ken and I could not let up for 1 second. It was 60 minutes of qualy haha.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

It makes a big change to be so competitive against you John :)
    It was very intense trying to run for 60 mins without leaving a sniff of an opening for you. When I did make my 1st mistake at T4 and slid back onto the track clipping the back of yours, I slowed up to give you the position back, but it looked like you decided to accept the contact as a racing incident and dropped in behind me to continue the battle. Very sportsmanlike so thank you for that :)

I just wish you had done the same for me ;) when later in the race you clipped the rear of my car sending me onto the grass, finally losing the position to you, but maybe you didn't see/feel the contact? I had a chance to challenge you again after catching up, but by then I was feeling the lower grip from the tyres and couldn't push it harder. Eventually a spin put paid to our race-long duel :( and I had to settle for 2nd position.

Fingers crossed we can do it again sometime! :cool:

18. John vd Geest

Ah, that second contact ... I know it's hard to see for you where I was at that point. My nose was along side your rears, and I was almost with 2 wheels on the grass. Look at the white line to the right of your car for reverance. You will notice that your car slightly moved over to my side when my nose was there already. I did also wait for you then (or 1 incident earlier? Can't remember when) when you spun,

Fun race, give me more of that :)

19. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Anyone willing to share a setup for the next round please. I'm miles of the pace.

20. Ken Jagger

I think you meant to put this in the Interlagos race thread?

From my many years experience Sean, it's not just about setup. I've tried setups from guys considered to be Aliens and I just couldn't drive them! You really need to find a setup that works for you and your driving style and accept that some guys will just be plain faster, no matter what you do :O

I'm happy to share my Interlagos setup with you, which is almost identical to the one I used at the Chinese GP race. Send me a Pm with your email address and I'll send you it.