Project Cars 2 Round 1 Algarve MSP

Discussion in 'GT3 Challenge Europe' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I’m not sure if this is still in place but I used to use the time trial feature and picked four fast times for comparison on the leaderboard (that also shared their setups). Saved those setups to my files and then tried out each one to see what worked best for me. Some guys would run with zero rear wing for example which maybe I couldn’t cope with. You also (almost always) had to adjust radiator opening, etc. otherwise the engine would go pop after four laps. Not useful in. Race situation….lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Unfortunately the Time Trial setups feature is no longer available as the servers were shut down quite a while back.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

I conveniently forgot how PC2 stores it's setups in the **\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\13888405\project cars 2\tuningsetups folder. :oops:

5. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

I tried to archive all 270 files that changed yesterday, hoping that by downloading them you would be able to find the very file that I wanted to post, but I couldn’t download it because - “The file you selected exceeds the file size limit”. Friends, if someone really needs the settings, negotiate with me in advance, at a certain time we will go to the server and I will send it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Fair enough, I haven’t been on the game in a while. I’d heard about server closures but wasn’t sure about that part of the game. That’s a shame. Thanks for letting me know.

7. Ken Jagger

Yes it was a nice feature that hasn't been replicated in any other sims.

8. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

as far as I know, it is reproduced in AMS2

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Cool, it was never something I used as a blatant "copy and use" but also as a learning aid. Some of the cars had soooo many setup options, sometimes it was the only way to learn and experiment with setups.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Yes it may be actually seeing as AMS2 is based on PC2 engine code.

11. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

What type of tyres did you use in this race?

12. Ken Jagger

I was on the Automatic tyre setting.