Round 1 Aosta

Discussion in 'FKR Formula 3 Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

Like!
    Especially from 1:34:40 onwards!
    Tommi and I had a nice race sim.

2. Tommi Tanttu

Tommi Tanttu Pro Driver

Yes it was really good practice! Race with this combo is pretty challenging.
    And weirdest overtake is 1:38:30 :confused:

3. @Rob Milliken could you please in entry list define for user LIVE STREAMING a value "1" for SPECTATOR_MODE? Maybe that will help to avoid CAMERA car to be on grid during start
    [CAR_x]
    SPECTATOR_MODE=1

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will have a look & see whats up !

5. Rob Milliken

OK check it out .. I also needed the GUID for LIVE STREAM that i found in stracker ..so it should be all set !! ;-)

6. Rob Milliken

Ok adding the LIVE STREAM made the server crash ;-( im investigating now ..

7. Rob Milliken

The server will stay up with LIVE STREAM in the entry list BUT as soon as I choose SPECTATOR_MODE=1 the server crashes .....

8. ok I see, so this approach doesn't work ;( thanks for trying!
    I have other idea.. If I do jump start in camera car will it move car to the pit?

9. Rob Milliken

Hmmmm , I have asked kev at rack service if he has any tips so when he gets back to me we might have a way to do it however I think the way it works is if a player fails to commit to the race session (misses the lights) his car will stay in the pit lane ,& then he must wait 15-20 seconds until he is released to start from pits .. If this was the camera car he simply does not go out & camps in the pits & simply uses the camera views to follow the action ..

10. if you watch recording from this stream the camera car remaining on starting grid after the race started: youtu.be/77sgt7hSfuY?t=3934

11. Rob Milliken

That's because he clicked "drive" to enter the grid if he does not click the drive button he will be teleported to the pits for a pit lane start with a 15 second delay .. This is how our servers are set up anyway ..

Lets move this to PMs ..& not clutter up the round 1 thread ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

13. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

Just did a simulationrace with Tommi, Patrik and Vyacheslav.
    Server is set at 5 min between sessions. With a double header it means that after race 1 it takes 5 minutes before you can enter race 2. Which then starts with another countdown of 5 minutes. So you wait 10 minutes between races. It's a bit too long I think.

3 minutes between sessions (with then 2x 3 min between race 1 and 2) should sufice....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. @Rob Milliken the camera car doesn't work as we need:
    1. when cars on a grid waiting for green light (and I have to press DRIVE for camera car - to remove AC menu screen) I can't:
    - do false start so car moved to pit
    - can't do Esc, back to pit
    it's locked..

what is your SERVER setting for:
    START_RULE=
    there few options:
    START_RULE=0 ; 0 is car locked until start; 1 is teleport ; 2 is drivethru
    can we try different settings? thanks

15. from AC change log ver 1.7 I see there some options:
    - Added jump start
    - Added 3 different selectable penalties configurations for jump starts
    so if we can enable jump start - I can do jump start for camera car to remove it from the grid..

16. Rob Milliken

Race Day PW is set ! check the champ pages .. !
    Drivers ! lets make sure to get this series off on the right foot & have a good clean season !
    I expect all drivers to respect the sport & respect there fellow competitors , The last thing we want is a bunch of messy protests .. :D We all know the rules ...

Also don't forget to turn the PLP app on in game !

PLP App: MANDATORY APP This event requires you to use the Pit Lane Penalty program! Remember to turn it on via in game app menu once in AC (mouse over right side of your screen from cockpit) find it HERE

Vyacheslav , jump starts are on & set for drive threw penalty per SRO standards ..this we wont change .. Streaming is something I'm very interested in so we will find a solution some how ! :) maybe for next race ..
    See you all on grid !

17. OK, my girlfriend told me she can help today with removing camera car after the start to the pit :D
    I hope we will have LIVE STREAM of today's race

• Like Like x 1
  18. LIVE STREAM - your real-time Heart Rate on a screen
    hi guys, I'm looking to make stream even more interesting :D
    OBS stream platform has an integration with service that exposes a heart rate from your fitness tracking devices. This will show how your are NERVOUS during the race/fight :p
    I don't have any fitness devices right now, but thinking to order one.. If anybody wants to expose their heart rates - let me know and I walk how to setup it

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

at a last stage of your initiative you should get more people to the race somehow ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.